The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Hardest Gym Leader in B/W?
Cilan/Chili/Cress 5 6.58%
Lenora 29 38.16%
Burgh 6 7.89%
Elesa 17 22.37%
Clay 10 13.16%
Skyla 5 6.58%
Brycen 2 2.63%
Drayden/Iris 17 22.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
The only gym leader I only had struggles with was definitely Elesa. My team couldn't stand a chance against her, and the only thing I had to do was get a ground-type to cover up the bounds. I had to grind massively when challenging Elesa, and after all that, it was worth it.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Lunicli
Ongoing Competitive Battler

Send a message via Skype™ to Lunicli
Volt Switches. Too. Many. Volt Switches.

The Vault Hunter's Challenge Team:

Black 2 FC: 1679 1559 4544
Platinum FC: 1636 2558 4134
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Lenora was really the only Leader to give me a hard time. Also the only one that made me attempt the Gym more than once. =(

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Batel
A nothing.

Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
For me, the most difficult gym was definitely Skyla's.

This is because:
A: Every other gym was a breeze, my Pokemon just ruined Gym Leaders for the most part.

B: My Four-man team just wasn't ready for that darn Swanna. My team at the time had nothing to deal with water types... And BOY did I get a kick in the rump for it.
-- Synth
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Elesa, but only in BW for some reason. All my Pokemon were slow and kept being paralyzed by Static. All the other leaders were pretty easy.
Old October 27th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Gdamatov77
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batel View Post
For me, the most difficult gym was definitely Skyla's.

This is because:
A: Every other gym was a breeze, my Pokemon just ruined Gym Leaders for the most part.

B: My Four-man team just wasn't ready for that darn Swanna. My team at the time had nothing to deal with water types... And BOY did I get a kick in the rump for it.
I played through White a while ago, and I sort of breezed through that gym without even leaving for PokeCenter. I think it was because I had a Zebstrika on me though for her gym. I personally felt that as long as you had some sort of Electric Pokemon, her gym would be easiest of them all.

My hardest has always been Lenora with Elesa coming in close second.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
MontrayDavis
Unhatched Egg

I say drayden, but, that might just be because of my liking for a specific pokemon type
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrayDavis View Post
I say drayden, but, that might just be because of my liking for a specific pokemon type :P
Would that be... something that resists dragon maybe? (Just in case you accidentally mistook hardest for favourite!) As for me Drayden was still pretty easy tbh, I didn't really need to grind that much for him or Iris but I was a high level anyways.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
I had no problem with Lenora because of my Servine and Sawk, but Drayden was very hard for me. His Fraxure along with his Haxorus was very strong with Dragon Dance and somewhat overleveled me by just 5 levels that I had to restart at least 2 times and replace one of my Pokemon by a Deino.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
I had no problem with Lenora because of my Servine and Sawk, but Drayden was very hard for me. His Fraxure along with his Haxorus was very strong with Dragon Dance and somewhat overleveled me by just 5 levels that I had to restart at least 2 times and replace one of my Pokemon by a Deino.
But I thought you can't get Deino until Victory Road, which is after you defeat him?

Anyways, he did give me a little trouble cos I lacked Ice-types on my team.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old October 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
Iris. Her and her Haxorus gave me quite a bit of trouble. Dragon Dances and Dragon Claws were deadly. I didn't have an Ice-type on my team (because I didn't want an Ice-type) nor Ice-type moves. Had to attempt the gym a few times before i finally defeated her. D:

Lenora wasn't too hard. Her pokemon hits strong, but my Lillipup hit stronger. (Y)

Elesa wasn't much of a difficulty too, just a little annoying with stupid Volt Switch. I didn't get a ground-type (because I didn't want to).

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
I would say Elesa was the hardest because I started off with Oshawott. Her Emolga outsped all of my Pokèmon's.
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Adam98
Unhatched Egg

I hated Elesa's Emolga's Volt Switch. The others I can beat, one or two I need a rematch but Elesa took 15 times, my last go through.
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
For me it was Lenora and her Herdier, even with my Pignite that thing was hell incarnate.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Correspondence

None of them were too hard to beat which was a disappointment but the most trouble i had was with Brycen because i didn't have too many type advantages against him.
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

I actually found Chili the hardest, because I had only my starter. That was entirely my own fault, but I don't use Pokemon I have no intention of using later, and I didn't get a second Pokemon in Black for quite a while. I had to level up my Snivy quite a bit before I could beat the Gym, which only added to my ire at the game at the time.
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Lenora. Simply because I had to go and catch a Timburr in order to quickly defeat her. At least the first playthrough of my White. Second time was easier since I actually bothered to evolve my Tepig before dropping it for Darumaka. Other than that I didn't really have a problem with any of the gym leaders. Little disappointing but eh, it happens.
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

But... are there any hard gym leaders in BW? They're all easy to beat, in fact, this is one of the reasons that makes BW so easy. Yes, you may find a little trouble fighting one of them, but I'm sure they're not like Whitney's Miltank, for example.

Allez, hop!
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
ArcanaFlaera
Guard of the Generation

Nature: Relaxed
I had trouble with Clay, simply because the only fire type I used in B/W was Litwick, which you catch afterwards. I usually have to evolve my Dewott before taking him on, or taking a hit to use revenge.
White 2 FC : 4299 0937 8549
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Hmm I would say Elesa. I think I caught a Sandile but I didn't have a lot of patience to train it. Darn Volt Switches and Static. Only in BW2 did I catch a Drilbur.
Oh, nothing compares to Whitney's Miltank. >:o
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
Clay was a ****ing nightmare for my team in B2 but since this is BW instead I'll have to say Iris since she was the first gym leader in a long time that's made me actually switch out members of my team just so I could beat her when I got to her.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
SayWhat
Unhatched Egg

Clay was hardest but still they were all pretty easy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links