The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

Advertise here
I don't do drugs, but I do drink at parties/other events and on weekends when I'm with mates.

As for people saying they don't do it because they "don't want to screw up their life," that's a bit of an exaggeration. A lot of successful millionares/billionares do drugs and drink repeatedly, especially singers. Both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have done drugs.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
An important thing to makes sure of is that everybody here realises alcohol is just as much of a drug as meth.

I can't take anybody seriously who says they don't take drugs because they're bad but have no problem drinking alcohol.

I regularly take a number of drugs, purely recreationally, and find alcohol is the worst of the lot.

legaliseit420ahahahaha!111!11
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I don't drink alcohol or do drugs as I'm under the age where you can do it.

I once accidentally drunk some alcohol once and I nearly vomited, so I think I'll stick to my sodas and try it again until I'm older.

On the subject of drugs, no thank you I've already got We ♥ Katamari for that.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
AChipOffTheOldBrock
Too Legit To Quit

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
An important thing to makes sure of is that everybody here realises alcohol is just as much of a drug as meth.

I can't take anybody seriously who says they don't take drugs because they're bad but have no problem drinking alcohol.

I regularly take a number of drugs, purely recreationally, and find alcohol is the worst of the lot.

legaliseit420ahahahaha!111!11
Truth^ Ive seen alcohol ruin the lives of many close family members.

And like Guillermo said drugs dont ruin your life. Most successful people do drugs.
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I try to keep away from those things, as an eleven year old girl. In the future, tho, I still won't smoke, do drugs, or whatever. I'll probably be straight-edge for another sixty four years.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
AChipOffTheOldBrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh View Post
I try to keep away from those things, as an eleven year old girl. In the future, tho, I still won't smoke, do drugs, or whatever. I'll probably be straight-edge for another sixty four years.
Thats what I said when I was a 10 year old fresh out of D.A.R.E. haha. God, that is an awful bit of government propaganda.
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I keep away from most alcohol by choice in that I don't like the taste XD I consume only that which I enjoy, which is white wine, rose wine, Caesars, and occasionally champagne

Yes, no drugs by choice. Because it is plainly stupid.
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
AChipOffTheOldBrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
Because it is plainly stupid.
Well, youve obviously never done drugs. Whats stupid about it?
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

As far as I was aware, being straight edge was not only being smoke, drug and alcohol free, but also being a fan of hardcore punk/rock, too.

If that's the case, then no, I'm not straight edge. I have never smoked, drank or done any other sort of drugs, though, and don't have much intention to do so in the future. I've seen some people pretty close to me get into this sort of stuff and have it ruin their lives, and plus it can get pretty expensive even when done recreationally. As long as it's within reason, I've got no problem if someone else wants to smoke or drink (I even personally think that marijuana should be legalized and taxed), but it's just not for me.
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
AChipOffTheOldBrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
As far as I was aware, being straight edge was not only being smoke, drug and alcohol free, but also being a fan of hardcore punk/rock, too.
Yeah thats what I thought.
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I didn't realize it was so closely tied to that music genre, but either way I am definitely straightedge.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old October 14th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
I find smoking and drugs repulsive so no I don't, nor do I have any intention, of ever doing them. I drink, yes, not to get drunk, but just because I like to have a drink, I'm perfectly capable of having a good time without drink but if there's alcohol available then yes, I'll have some.

As for being promiscuous, I'm not, so to speak, but that's not because I have any issue with it, I just don't want to be doing any sexual activities with anyone at this moment in tie.
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old October 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
It can turn you into a completely different person
This is exactly the reason I don't drink alcohol anymore, I actually feel the least in control of what I say and do when I'm drunk.

Most other substances I still feel inherently myself while under the influence of them.
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:06 AM
chris1067
Unhatched Egg

I am not a straightedge and proud
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I abstain from them, but I'm not 100% sure how to explain why. Personal values/morals, maybe? Drugs certainly aren't my thing, and though I don't have an issue with alcohol much, I prefer to stay away from it. >>;
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I used to be full-on straight-edge when I was in high school...until I met my ex boyfriend and...well, you can imagine how that goes from there. xD But I've always abstained from drugs and smoking, but alcohol...nope! Had my first drink at 17, that's when I'm no longer a straight-edged human being.

But today I'm still that PARTY HARD drinker, and I've been thinking of staying out of it. xD But I only do it when there's like a wedding or a huge party to celebrate and stuff. It's not an occasional thing.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Seeing my mother drink and smoke I vowed not to do it myself. I don't want it to resort to things like that and sometimes just end up worse when it's supposed to make me better no thanks. Most I do is go and pick up cigarettes for her (I don't know how many times I've had to say 'these aren't for me' at the counter. I wonder if they even believe me aha) but I have never smoked one myself and never will.

Probably won't ever drink either except for ... maybe wine or something at a fancy dinner. But never that hard drinking until you get drink sort of thing.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minzy View Post
I tend to focus on how my actions will affect my future and if avoiding one or all of those things will keep my life on the current path it's on, I will choose to do so. Currently, I do not dip into any of the three, and I don't expect to in the near future.
Pretty much the point right there. Even if I exclude my religious beliefs, I'll still choose it for the sake of being in control of my life for a brighter future (in my own opinion, at least.)

I haven't even had a sip of alcohol though excluding alcohol used in cooking XD; not saying that any amount of drinks is bad. Small amount of drinks and don't drive after drinking anything is certainly fine, but I just choose not to.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:31 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
I do, because I feel that being straightedge is self control of your life, and yeah. That's basically it.

Will it change? Possibly. I've sworn to never do weed or drink, though, and I keep my promises so -shrug-
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I must fundamentally disagree, one can use drugs and drink and not become enslaved by these things. As a Thelemite, I support drug use but I loudly denounce drug abuse.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

I'm not straightedge anymore oh yeah! Got high last night for the first time ever. I feel like this is a milestone in my life. :)
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

Haven't been straight edge in over 10 years now so nope lol.

This is the work of God.
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
I don't smoke, do drugs or drink irresponsibly, and never will. I drink only on occasion, and when I do, it's never in huge quantities and never too much to make myself drunk. If I ever catch myself drunk, I don't know what I'll do with myself. As for promiscuity, I intend to have sexual relations with no one, I repeat, NO one but my future husband. I feel that this is the right thing to do.

I have been brought up in this manner with these values and I intend to continue living this way. Hope everyone respects this. :)

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm straight edge. Getting a tat for it and everything. It's from the Three Days Grace music video from "Pain" if anyone's seen it. (An "X" about the size of your palm, outlined black and filled in red.)

My mom was hit by a drunk driver when I was a baby, I was in the car actually. I was fine (according to police reports my mom covered me with her arm before the car hit, saving my life), but my mom broke her back in two places. The doctor's said she'd been a wheelchair by the time she was 30, four surgeries later, it was true.

I don't do drugs, in fact I help out with local DARE classes as part of my police explorers program.

I do, sadly, smoke. I started when I was sixteen, and it's more of an occasional thing. I've never been really addicted, I have numerous times quit on a dime so to speak.

The sex thing is a bit... yeah I don't go that far. That's more religious based than anything and I don't follow it.

Last edited by Phantom; May 24th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here