The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1101    
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Dialga255's Avatar
Dialga255
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Male
Is beta 2 final version or it will be more?
And if you need any help contact me i have some exp. in hacking.

Oh i forgot : does darmanitan on low hp becomes a zen darmanitan?

Last edited by DrFuji; October 27th, 2012 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Reply With Quote
  #1102    
Old October 27th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Gerokunz
7
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: =/
Age: 15
I would like to ask you we need to restart the game while we get a next Beta?
__________________
=/
Reply With Quote
  #1103    
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:53 AM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga255 View Post
Is beta 2 final version or it will be more?
And if you need any help contact me i have some exp. in hacking.

Oh i forgot : does darmanitan on low hp becomes a zen darmanitan?
No, Darmanitan and Zen Darmanitan are seperate Pokemon. Beta 2 is the final version of This hack. Part 2 is a sequel that will start off right after the events in this hack with the same characters in a new region with new Pokemon and everyone wearing newer, more original outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerokunz View Post
I would like to ask you we need to restart the game while we get a next Beta?
Nope, just reload your save file and continue right where you left off after beating Evil Pete.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1104    
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Fix the your/you're and everything will be okay. =)
Yeah, I gotta fix those my grammar is not that good... xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1105    
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Hound of Justice's Avatar
Hound of Justice
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Hm the first post was edited and the reason is secret :D
Ill give you a kiss if you tell me the secret :d:p
__________________
This footage is from GBA Hacks, GBA>All Platforms
Reply With Quote
  #1106    
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:50 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Hm the first post was edited and the reason is secret :D
Ill give you a kiss if you tell me the secret :d:p
There's no secret, just something random I wrote.

ALSO, does anyone have or is willing to make me a Tobias 64x64 indexed trainer sprite?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1107    
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Dialga255's Avatar
Dialga255
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Male
The beta 1 that i can download from this site it is updated version or ...?
And till where it go?
Cuz i batllet for fossils against bastiodon and ramparados on lv 30 and a guy on waltrough on youtube batlle against them on lv 20.
Reply With Quote
  #1108    
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:15 AM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga255 View Post
The beta 1 that i can download from this site it is updated version or ...?
And till where it go?
Cuz i batllet for fossils against bastiodon and ramparados on lv 30 and a guy on waltrough on youtube batlle against them on lv 20.
You have the latest updated version. The one in the youtube was when the hack was first released. The version you're playing is the complete beta 1 that goes up until the battle with Evil Pete.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1109    
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Part 2 is a sequel that will start off right after the events in this hack with the same characters in a new region with new Pokemon and everyone wearing newer, more original outfits.
If you're looking into putting the sequel to Pokémon: Dark Rising on Generation 4, the latest version of SDSME will actually be able to do such a lot of stuff, it can edit texts, replace map models with ones made with 3ds Max 6 or Maya 7.0. It can also change the music that plays on a map.

I have a tutorial on editing maps in Generation 5, which will help you on editing maps in Generation 4. But instead of using NPRE, you'd use Spiky's DS Map Editor (SDSME) when mapping Generation 4, 'cause it's alot easier. Team Fail's tutorial on editing gen 4 maps will also help you with using the basic functions of SDSME. But even if you choose to keep it on Generation 3, that's OK I understand.

But apart from that, I'm looking forward to playing Beta 2 of Pokémon: Dark Rising when it comes out. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the end of the ROM hack.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #1110    
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:46 AM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
If you're looking into putting the sequel to Pokémon: Dark Rising on Generation 4, the latest version of SDSME will actually be able to do such a lot of stuff, it can edit texts, replace map models with ones made with 3ds Max 6 or Maya 7.0. It can also change the music that plays on a map.

I have a tutorial on editing maps in Generation 5, which will help you on editing maps in Generation 4. But instead of using NPRE, you'd use Spiky's DS Map Editor (SDSME) when mapping Generation 4, 'cause it's alot easier. Team Fail's tutorial on editing gen 4 maps will also help you with using the basic functions of SDSME. But even if you choose to keep it on Generation 3, that's OK I understand.

But apart from that, I'm looking forward to playing Beta 2 of Pokémon: Dark Rising when it comes out. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the end of the ROM hack.
Thanks a lot. I'll surely look into that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1111    
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Laxthepenguin
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Male
I love love love this hack! Probably my favorite one to date. But there is one bug that maybe someone already pointed out. When you open the pokedex and look at the information for a pokemon and then click "next data" and the next data isn't available, the game crashes. But other than that minor flaw, this hack is amazing. 10 out of 10 all the way.
Reply With Quote
  #1112    
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:58 AM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxthepenguin View Post
I love love love this hack! Probably my favorite one to date. But there is one bug that maybe someone already pointed out. When you open the pokedex and look at the information for a pokemon and then click "next data" and the next data isn't available, the game crashes. But other than that minor flaw, this hack is amazing. 10 out of 10 all the way.
Thanks. The most annoying bug I think in the hack is the hero's trainer card crashing the Rom and the fact we still haven't learned how to fix it yet. Hopefully, by December, we figure it out. But thank you for the support and I promise Beta 2 is gonna be really good, especially the story and how it'll lead into the sequel. Progress is going slow right now, but I think everyone will be satisfied that the beta 1 maps are being re-done. So while Atif is working on that, me and Tajaros have been added a lot of cool things to the sequel.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1113    
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Hound of Justice's Avatar
Hound of Justice
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
A question, will the final beta have the fan made title screen from the first post in this thread?
It looks very cool
__________________
This footage is from GBA Hacks, GBA>All Platforms
Reply With Quote
  #1114    
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
A question, will the final beta have the fan made title screen from the first post in this thread?
It looks very cool
No, we tried inserting it but it didn't come out well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1115    
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
No, we tried inserting it but it didn't come out well.
Oh my, you might've been following this tutorial... which was made way back in 2009, then only edited by Manipulation in 2010. This one would actually help you with inserting the Pokémon: Dark Rising title screen graphics without the glitchy graphics, and it was only made about a month ago too.

I have seen plenty of hacks with title screens inserted properly without any glitchy mess. ;)
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #1116    
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Oh my, you might've been following this tutorial... which was made way back in 2009, then only edited by Manipulation in 2010. This one would actually help you with inserting the Pokémon: Dark Rising title screen graphics without the glitchy graphics, and it was only made about a month ago too.

I have seen plenty of hacks with title screens inserted properly without any glitchy mess.
So did u manage to script custom events in Gen 5 or not?
Reply With Quote
  #1117    
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Oh my, you might've been following this tutorial... which was made way back in 2009, then only edited by Manipulation in 2010. This one would actually help you with inserting the Pokémon: Dark Rising title screen graphics without the glitchy graphics, and it was only made about a month ago too.

I have seen plenty of hacks with title screens inserted properly without any glitchy mess.
Thanks for another tutorial, I'll be looking into this one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1118    
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
I need to tell u this DRG, if u r gonna put Ash, why would u not put Gary, and Mew is there but no Mewtwo? U planning on putting them in series 2?
Reply With Quote
  #1119    
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
To be honest I don't mind putting Dusknoir in the hack. Who loves it?? I am greatly pleased with your efforts so I am thinking of writing a walk through for you. Is that OK? I have to quit my older project of another hack as it's been taken already by another member
Reply With Quote
  #1120    
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:45 AM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
I need to tell u this DRG, if u r gonna put Ash, why would u not put Gary, and Mew is there but no Mewtwo? U planning on putting them in series 2?
Gary will be in Part 2 along with Iris, May, Dawn, and others. The reason Gary wasn't in this one is for 2 reasons; 1.I couldn't think of a reason to put him in it and 2.Dray is a recolor of Gary in this hack. Dray will have a new Trainer and OW sprite in part 2 which will allow me to use Gary's sprites without it looking odd. All of the characters will have new and original looks. Oren's OW sprite has already been decided and being customized as I write this actually. As for Mewtwo, Adrian has it. Mewtwo will be available to be caught in part 2 though. Adrian has All of the Knight's Pokemon. It's really a crazy battle, you'll see what I mean in December. It Will be the hardest battle in the entire hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
To be honest I don't mind putting Dusknoir in the hack. Who loves it?? I am greatly pleased with your efforts so I am thinking of writing a walk through for you. Is that OK? I have to quit my older project of another hack as it's been taken already by another member
Sure, that'll be great!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1121    
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Circaoffire's Avatar
Circaoffire
Clueless Scripter :/
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Hey DRG, so far I am loving the hack! There are a few mapping errors/mismatches that I am sure you are aware. I don't have any worries about those since I see that everything is being redone for the next beta. :D I love the storyline so far and the leveling is really smooth while still being difficult However, one small thing that made me sad (cause I got so excited) is that my larvesta can't learn overheat(?). I looked it up, and it should be able to, but the game says my "Larvae" is not compatible with Overheat. Just a heads up in case it's a bug. Thanks to everyone for all the time you guys and gals have put into Dark Rising!! It really shows :D
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1122    
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Another thing, this may be random but do u plan on putting Team Rocket's Jessie James and Meowth as well as Giovanni into the game cus if u follow the anime u will see that Team Rocket has finally stepped up their game and r now probably the most awesome characters in the series any intentions of doing so?
Reply With Quote
  #1123    
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circaoffire View Post
Hey DRG, so far I am loving the hack! There are a few mapping errors/mismatches that I am sure you are aware. I don't have any worries about those since I see that everything is being redone for the next beta. :D I love the storyline so far and the leveling is really smooth while still being difficult However, one small thing that made me sad (cause I got so excited) is that my larvesta can't learn overheat(?). I looked it up, and it should be able to, but the game says my "Larvae" is not compatible with Overheat. Just a heads up in case it's a bug. Thanks to everyone for all the time you guys and gals have put into Dark Rising!! It really shows :D
Wow, sorry about that. I'll make sure it can learn Overheat as soon as I get the main rom back tommorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
Another thing, this may be random but do u plan on putting Team Rocket's Jessie James and Meowth as well as Giovanni into the game cus if u follow the anime u will see that Team Rocket has finally stepped up their game and r now probably the most awesome characters in the series any intentions of doing so?
I thought about it, but no. They'll be mentioned though. And if I do add them somewhere, it'll be a surprise and they'll most likely be good guys as this hack is After the Series is over. I'm assuming Team Rocket won't be working for Giovanni at the end of the series and turn to the complete good side or something.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1124    
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Thanks for letting me to do it and for all other people please don't ask more from DrG about the game as it spoils the surprising events of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #1125    
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:48 AM
PokemonGiratinaX's Avatar
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Blue Earth
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Thanks for letting me to do it and for all other people please don't ask more from DrG about the game as it spoils the surprising events of the game.
I agree with you. But, you are one of them too.

Last edited by PokemonGiratinaX; November 2nd, 2012 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.