The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:36 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
First off is Arceus. Why do countless numbers of people think this Pokemon is the most powerful legendary? It has a ridiculous design in my opinion,it just looks like an old goat with some swirly,fancy golden rings around it's body :P.Also without any plate,it isn't very special,just a normal type.Yes it can learn moves like Judgement, but I never found it appealing at all move or design wise.

Then there's Heatran.This creature whatever it is,is horrible. It has so many weaknesses-Water,Fighting,a 4x weakness to ground. It looks ugly in my opinion,some plump creature with metal jaws and glaring eyes :|.
. :p
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Wheaties

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Wheaties
I'm going to be boring and agree with some of what you guys have already said: Cresselia. Le boring. And Regigigas. Still have no clue how to pronounce it's name even.
In fact, I think all the Gen IV legendaries were epic fails (pun intended). I tend to look at them more from a design aspect however, and the only one I sort of enjoy is Dialga. But I've never really payed attention to them after they've been caught and stored neatly in a box.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
First off is Arceus. Why do countless numbers of people think this Pokemon is the most powerful legendary? It has a ridiculous design in my opinion,it just looks like an old goat with some swirly,fancy golden rings around it's body .Also without any plate,it isn't very special,just a normal type.Yes it can learn moves like Judgement, but I never found it appealing at all move or design wise.

Then there's Heatran.This creature whatever it is,is horrible. It has so many weaknesses-Water,Fighting,a 4x weakness to ground. It looks ugly in my opinion,some plump creature with metal jaws and glaring eyes .
Arceus has the highest stats of all pokemon.

And heatran only has 3 weaknesses, compared to its 10 resistances.

My least favorite would be Arceus, a god pokemon is just a bit of a stupid idea. Especially since its a goat.

Never been a fan of cresselia or phione.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
NuOmicronMu
Unhatched Egg

I'm not a fan of legendary Pokemon anyway, but the worst one in my opinion is Kyurem. It has a horrible typing, lower stats than its two counterparts, and I think it looks terrible.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Regigigas

Pretty damn useless. Don't think I need to explain why.
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Rothometapratis

Any of the Regis. They have this so awkward appearence. Just rearrange them.
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Regigigas. Sure, it's cool, but the slow start ability is horrible.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Kanade Otonashi
<3

I hate Shaymin. And I don't know why. ;~:

It's CUTE. It's GRASS. It wears FLOWERS. WHY DON'T I LOVE IT?

I don't understand my head. x-x
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:52 AM
AChipOffTheOldBrock
Too Legit To Quit

Nature: Naughty
All those cutesy legendaries like: Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, Celebi, Jirachi, the Emotion trio or whatever they were called. I also dont like the tornadus/landorus/thunderus trio, Palkia, or Arceus. I think volcarona is stupid looking if you count it as a legendary. Im not too fond of latias/latios either.
Old October 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM
LenSho

Nature: Modest
Phione, it's just another slot in the Pokédex. It's weaker than Manaphy and they're both useless. The lake Trio are pointless to me too, they're like the same Pokémon with the same type, only with different stats. They could have at least made them Ice/Water, Fire and Electric, but no.

The genie Trio are just ugly, they look too much like a human, and maybe they tried to make it up with their therian forms, but it didn't help that much. I mean, Tornadus is a bird with a freaking mustache xD

Genesect, it's a bug that has lived for thousands of years. I never thought they would actually make a Cockroach Pokémon xD. At least it doesn't look like one. And Keldeo. No comments, I just don't like it.
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
All of the 4th Gen Legendaries bar Giratina and Darkrai.

Arceus- Why would Pokemon God be a goat jumping through a hula hoop. If I wanted that, I'd just enter my Mareep in a Pokemon Contest.

Dialga and Palkia- I absolutely loathe and despise their CGI style design. something about it just ticks me off.

The emotion trio, Phione and Manaphy- they all look annoying as heck. Even Celebi and Jirachi wasn't that annoying.

Last edited by RoreyG; October 16th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:11 AM
AncientWarrior
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
Stat wise, Arceus. Regigigas has OP stats too, but as PlatinumDude said, his ability makes up for that. I'd also say Shaymin. It's stats aren't OP, but its movepool and design are stupid. Even sky form.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I'll go with Palkia. I just don't like it. I'm a bit biased, having played Diamond over Pearl, but I really think its design, concept and typing could have been better. It's ironic, too, because I absolutely love Water-types. And as for how it fits the thread title, even though the thread title isn't the question, Palkia can be overpowered at times, having only a single weakness, unresisted STAB, high Special Attack and good bulk. But come to think of it, I also hate Regigigas a lot, because Slow Start is absolutely horrible, and it's not as original an idea as I'd like legendary Pokémon to be. Regigigas is an obvious choice, though, so apart from him, Palkia's my least favourite.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
Arceus has the highest stats of all pokemon.
Very untrue.
20 Pokémon have higher HP than him, 52 have higher attack, 34 have higher defense, 16 have higher speed, 39 have higher Sp. Attack and 22 have higher Sp. Defense.

Sure, it has the highest base stat total. But that means nothing if all his other stats are beaten by countless other Pokémon.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
Very untrue.
20 Pokémon have higher HP than him, 52 have higher attack, 34 have higher defense, 16 have higher speed, 39 have higher Sp. Attack and 22 have higher Sp. Defense.

Sure, it has the highest base stat total. But that means nothing if all his other stats are beaten by countless other Pokémon.
Well thats exactly what i was talking about. And it matters because his stats are still high in every stat. Even if there are pokemon with individual higher stats, Arceus has the highest total, and would have higher stats in the other stats than those pokemon who have one or two higher than arceus.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:56 AM
JosephBowie
Self-Depreciator

I'm really not into using legendaries. It just doesn't appeal to me.

But if I had to choose, I'd go with Regigigas. Thing looks weird hell.

Give a man a fake plastic hand, and he'll choke himself with it. It's fun.
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:45 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Never really been a fan of the Regis and Regigigas. Just .. I'm not even sure what to call that thing. I've never liked its design and chances are I'm never going to. Manaphy isn't one that I've gotten around to liking at all yet either.

I used to dislike Shaymin until I won a Sky Shaymin plush. Yeah hard to hate it when you have a big plush of it in your room. Now I really adore the cute little hedgehog.
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Blaze42
The Spirit of Chaos

Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus. I just hate their designs. (Says the guy who's favorite Pokémon is a flippin' cell.)
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
Probably Cressella. It just seems... odd to me. In fact it's one of the only few Gen IV Pokemon period that I dislike.
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Jirachi, imo. It may look cute and all, but I don't get why it grants wishes. Just because it's shaped like a star?

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM
ahmet476
standing around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh View Post
Jirachi, imo. It may look cute and all, but I don't get why it grants wishes. Just because it's shaped like a star?
LOL

I don't like most of the tiny/cute legendaries such as Celebi, sea and lake guardians. They just don't look like legendary to me.

Jirachi is pretty neat I think it being extra-terrestrial and sleeping in a meteor, awakening for a short time after like 600 years (I forgot) and giving you a wish. I like its story.

Dunno much about Shaymin and Victini but I like Victini's type combo (psychic/fire).
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Vαηєℓℓσρє
ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...

Nature: Naughty
I can't explain my hatred for the Unova weather trio. They just scream ugly and pointless to me. But really I had a problem for all the new legendaries, besides Meleotta, Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram. Previous others I've never really disliked before.

-Vanellope Von Schweetz-

"Everyone here says that I'm just a mistake"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here