Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:08 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Internet Explorer.
Everybody i know uses it but in my opinion it is the worst browser.
I even tried IE9 but that's just as slow.
I use 2 browsers which are Firefox and Chrome.
Hey there! Your reading this!
If your still reading this now have a cookie.
If you are reading now still have another cookie.
If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

Join my Forum!
pokemasters.freeforums.org

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I don't consider it browser as its only use is downloading Chrome/FF/Opera/whatever after you get new PC/laptop but the worst is of course Internet Explorer.
This ^^^
So true lol. But yeah, Internet Explorer is the worst of all the browsers. I only use it to download Chrome when I get a new laptop/desktop :/
Oh and I use it to make use of the Real Player plug-in when my other browser doesn't support it for some reason.

Old October 24th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Easy one: Internet Explorer.

Even IE10 is terrible. It isn't slow or something, but one of the first webpages I opened was messed up already. And err, I like to see websites the way they are intended to see.
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't like Firefox, it never worked for me! I've tried it on two different computers and both times it wouldn't display any flash images. I know I've probably just installed it wrong or something, but a browser shouldn't be complicated to set up :( This is why I prefer Chrome, it's easy to work with and very reliable.
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Sign View Post
Easy one: Internet Explorer.

Even IE10 is terrible. It isn't slow or something, but one of the first webpages I opened was messed up already. And err, I like to see websites the way they are intended to see.
Fun fact: I've been browsing the web for a long time and have dabbled in some HTML and CSS. I've noticed that most cases of Internet Explorer messing up pages were caused by bad web page coding... I blame people developing for WebKit only. In fact, the easiest way to mess up Internet Explorer? Omitting the <!DOCTYPE html ...> part at the very first part of the HTML, or putting a comment before it - both invalid.
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
Fun fact: I've been browsing the web for a long time and have dabbled in some HTML and CSS. I've noticed that most cases of Internet Explorer messing up pages were caused by bad web page coding... I blame people developing for WebKit only. In fact, the easiest way to mess up Internet Explorer? Omitting the <!DOCTYPE html ...> part at the very first part of the HTML, or putting a comment before it - both invalid.
That may be true, but the fact is that some people are going to do this, and pretty much any other modern web browser can display these pages just fine.
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
That may be true, but the fact is that some people are going to do this, and pretty much any other modern web browser can display these pages just fine.
Heh. I'm actually a bit grateful that IE10's quirks mode for these messed up pages is in line with other browsers now, and they are still keeping the IE5 mode just in case.

People managing to make the DTD mistake need to have a crash course on web standards, since it tells the browser what to expect in a way - if the DTD does not exist or is invalid, almost all browsers will assume that the page is nonstandard and might need to make concessions to page layout and scripting.

I've seen my fair share of personal and experimental sites that fail in IE9 by default due to lack of a proper DTD, but flipping the F12 switch and forcing Standards fixes mosdt of them. Hmmm....
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I think a more appropriate title would be, "Just how bad does IE suck?"
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
I definitely LOL'd at that.

Anyway, I certainly despise IE. Whoever in Microsoft is in charge of IE development needs to get a dork stamp.

I don't like Chrome much. When your computer needs to perform a System Restore, try Google Chrome. It won't be so helpful then, and you'll wish you had IE instead. It happened to me, and Chrome flunked something fierce. And it has a weird bug that makes uninstalling nearly impossible when this occurrence happens.

Safari is okay. Not my favorite.

Opera is better, considering the DS version loads way faster than the PSP's web browser. Stupid NetFront ****.

Firefox is my favorite. It's a streamlined powerhouse built by a great community with loads of plugins available.

Although, IE haters are gonna disagree with me on this one, but...
IE and Safari are basically all the other browsers' parents. Without them, you couldn't have downloaded other browsers, unless you bought a Mac or Chromebook. Opera is the lonely kid at the school cafeteria who no one wants to hang out with. Chrome is the mathematical genius in the class, but overloads when confronted by the bigger kids. And lastly, Firefox is the coolest, most popular kid who everyone admires and wishes they could be that cool.
None

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Correspondence

Definitely Internet Explorer,its only job is to download a better browser.
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Very easy answer: Internet Explorer. Chrome and Firefox totally tops it in any circumstance. (I prefer to use Chrome over Firefox though, it's much faster.)
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere;
every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:00 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
If it's solely about any IE before 9, then I agree.
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
thisguy647
Unhatched Egg

To be brutally honest; Chrome.

Yes, I said it. Chrome is worse than IE. For a start, it's slow as hell compared to FF, it feels zoomed out and you can't zoom in or out with the trackpad. It's also clunky when it comes to scrolling with the trackpad. Scrolling with the trackpad is easy on FF, but pretty much harder on Chrome due to how unresponsive it is. I don't understand where all the praise comes from; it's slow, a bit clunky, and doesn't remember passwords as much as other browsers. I'm gonna sound like a hipster in saying this; but Chrome is annoyingly overrated.
I've become so numb, I can't feel you there.
(I'm tired of being what you want me to be)
I've become so numb, I can't feel you there.
(I'm tired of being what you want me to be)
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy647 View Post
To be brutally honest; Chrome.

Yes, I said it. Chrome is worse than IE. For a start, it's slow as hell compared to FF, it feels zoomed out and you can't zoom in or out with the trackpad. It's also clunky when it comes to scrolling with the trackpad. Scrolling with the trackpad is easy on FF, but pretty much harder on Chrome due to how unresponsive it is. I don't understand where all the praise comes from; it's slow, a bit clunky, and doesn't remember passwords as much as other browsers. I'm gonna sound like a hipster in saying this; but Chrome is annoyingly overrated.
I think I'll just say it out loud why I think Chrome is pretty bad when you think about it...

Horrible accessibility - it does not respond at all to Windows accessibility settings, and it doesn't use standard dialogs, so keyboard usage is not optimal.

Unresponsiveness in general - seriously, the Android browser runs better than Chrome on the same tablet. Chrome just paints out or sits there on my tablet so much, I quit using it. The benchmarks? Turns out (as I've always suspected), they mean nothing. (There's a reason how IE9 is still fast enough after over 18 months. If you are great at something, you'll be great at that for a long time. As it turns out, drawing graphics of real sites and refreshing it is more important than speed benchmarks.)

Shoddy text rendering - GDI+ rendering is not ideal these days. Windows ClearType on the old drawing API means really jaggy, uneven text. When you're used to properly laid-out text, smoothened in IE, Firefox, and Safari, it's hard to go back to that. It's very obvious with large type - Chrome even cheats by turning off subpixel rendering on Windows!

For a browser named "Chrome", it sure has quite the thick, visible chrome... Hmm...

There's a reason why Google Chrome is not yet installed on my laptop.
Links
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I don't think IE is all too bad, but it'll never be my first choice for a browser.
However, I can say I'm not that big of a fan of Safari. I used it when I had a Mac, it just felt so bare bones to me (I was using Firefox with forty-thousand add-ons beforehand so I guess that's why). It's not bad, I just feel like its quality is exaggerated.
I can say though is the worst browser I've used is the default Android one. I was initially expecting something with some sort of Chrome-resembling UI, but what I got felt a bit like an iOS Safari copycat. Downloaded Dolphin Browser and never went to the default app again.
I have now moved to my new account
TéaQQ for good due to personal reasons.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here