The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old October 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Hello, I have been struggling with the Super Single line. Here is a quick look at my team to show my strategy. I also have other Pokémon I can use, to give you an idea of what to work with. You can also suggest completely new Pokémon, I don't mind.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

This Terrakion can usually sweep through a whole team with Close Combat, but one hit will KO it after it gets off a few. No worries though, because then I send out Cloyster.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
Anything Terrakion can not take out, this guy can with ease. He gets one Shell Smash off easily and tears through almost anything.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This thing has helped as a backup, but has not brought anything to the team really.

Any help would be great, since I have maxed at only 35.

Variations of the team:

With Rain Support:
Spoiler:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Outrage

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Rain Support 2:
Spoiler:

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Outrage

Jolteon @ Air Balloon
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [ICE]
- Shadow Ball

Other Pokémon that are usable that I already have:
Spoiler:

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Sira420
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Rash
Wow, I need to learn how to add pictures (._.)

Well with terrakion, he is a good choice band user. But sacred sword and close combat are not meant to be together. I'd either take sacred sword off and replace it with a move that covers his weaknesses and hits hard. But in my opinion he should be a life orb user. and with this set close combat is out and sword dance us added. And since sword dance doubles his attack and life orb adds a bit more spike, stone edge could be switched for rockslide(has more accuracy). And woth out close combat his defences won.t drop
^-^
Cloyster + shell smash+ any physical move is crazy effective. So no change there. Maybe if hate the recoil of shell smash you could give him a white herb- stat drops are eliminated. But a focus sash is a bit betyer cause if after the first shell smash you still have full health you could sey up another :D

And volcarona good but a water type with aqua jet or a rock type with a priority move (bullet punch, vacum wave) will k.o cloyster with it and murder volcarona with a STAB move. You kinda need a bulky pokemon in the last slot. Or a choiceband/ choice scarf user to end a battle
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
I don't really know what to add... Your teams are pretty solid. My team is probably far worse than yours but I was able to make it nearly up to the Subway Master before losing. ****ing cheaters near the end use entire teams of legendaries and I two UUs and one OU on my team only.

Maybe it was just pure luck that carried me through. I think my tip would have to be... Get lucky? I don't know. I've lost on the first 7 battles before but also made it up to 45.

Not sure how different it is in BW2 because I've never tried it, but I assume it's the same as last time.

My Team:
Spoiler:
(Adamant) Flygon (Choice Scarf) 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
U-Turn
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge

(Modest) Rotom-W (Choice Specs) 112 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 144 Spd
Will-O-Wisp
Trick
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump

(Modest) (Speed Boost) Yanmega (Life Orb) 6 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
Protect
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
AncientPower
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Sira420
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Rash
in black and white the cpu makes the subway competitors team based on your pokemon.s type and wraknesses. I hardly ever get past 25 (._____.) And if I do u sually die soon after (/_\)
Usually the trick is to have fast, hard hitting pokemon. My team was based around dragons with lucario, scizor or terrakion for support. The team that usually beat me was a.lapras based team (water/ ice)
So a good team is a team that covers its weaknesses like cloyster, whose ice and rock moves protect terrakion from flying. Or terrakions x-scissor hitting psychics.
Anywho, ice car, let me tell you that if you made it to 45 then your team is probably well off

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links