The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Tranca
Monolith

Nature: Modest
With the release of Pokemon Black/White 2, i've felt that in order to get the "full experience" I should tuck in/wake up a pokemon on both my black1/black2 carts daily.

This can be fairly time consuming, and in addition; I am sick of the Dream World mini games.

Do you use the dream world? If so, how often?
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I've never used it. I have a stable router with WPA2 security, which is incompatible with the DS Phat. Use of the Dream World would require me to go to another location to use (I'm unemployed). It's a terrible inconvenience if I would need to do so daily, just for a game that I can play without it.

I wish I could use it. But it just isn't convenient for me. Unless there's another way to do it...

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I tried it about a half dozen times when I first got my White, but didn't really use it much beyond that. It was cool that I was able to get past generation Pokemon that weren't accessible until the post-game (my Dream World Houndoom stayed in my party through my entire run), but I got bored of it quickly since it was time consuming and could only be done once a day.

It's a good idea, but I'm sure there could have been a better way to execute it.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM
jamesmikehj

i use it about once every 2-3 mouths

Old October 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Tranca
Monolith

Nature: Modest
Wow - it sounds like the dream world wasn't really that successful. Another amazingly disappointing thing to add...

I once had computer issues and could not sign into the dream world. When I finally could sign in again; I found out that all of my berries had been taken and converted into "Dream Points" because I was absent for 100 days or more.

These dream points were useless to me, as I had already unlocked all of the things dream points can unlock... I lost over a thousand berries, because I did not sign in for 100+ days.

Nowhere I ever saw on the actual dream world site mentioned anything of this 100 day penalty, but it is mentioned in the article on bulbapedia which I looked up following this incident... So, infrequent dreamworld users be warned, don't leave any berry collections you value on your account.
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't use the Dream World since I don't like the time limits and I usually care more about the main game anyway.
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:17 AM
MrTripStack
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I didn't have reliable WiFi when I first played through White, so I never really wanted to mess around with the Dream World stuff (or any of the online features, for that matter). Now that I have White 2 and a much more reliable internet provider, I actually use the Dream World every day!

In my opinion, it's a shame that you can only grow berries in the Dream World nowadays and I really miss the Berry Pots from Generation IV. I don't know why they kept mulch in the newer games, especially since all you can do is sell them to the maniac.

I mostly use the Dream World to "catch" female Pokémon that have their hidden abilities, since traders always seem interested in them, and to grow Durin Berries. Durin Berries can be sold to the maniac for $500 per berry, which isn't a bad deal, considering you get 15 berries for each plant you harvest. It's certainly no "get rich quick" scheme, but the money definitely starts to add up after a while.
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
I only use once a week because I fell out of love with it on White 1.
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Never, haha. It doesn't interest me for very long when I do it.
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:10 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I wish I could use the Dream World, but I can't because I've heard of the lag times when the Pokemon I want to put to sleep happening.

Old October 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I used it on white on a 3 week span, but not anymore. It is time consuming and not worth it, IMO.

"By force of will!"
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
I have used it one time, just because I had to use Global Link for Arceus, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. All I can say is thank goodness we can get DW Pokemon from Hidden Grottos now, cause Dream World sucks. lol

Play the game to change the game
Old October 30th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Visited a few times when Black and White came out but after awhile I didn't, because I didn't like all those minigames.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:02 AM
何贤豪

For me, I guess I'd be the only one here to say so...but I would open it any day when it's available. When it goes into maintenance, well, what else can I do? Nothing at all.
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:16 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
When I played White, I visited the dream world every day. Though I wasn't too satisfied because you can only log on one hour per day. I wish I would be able to log on for...two-three hours or until you obtain a dream world Pokemon. xD
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old October 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
sunshinesan
Pokesho fan

Nature: Bold
The dream world is such a hassle. I see it as a grind, though necessary to get the best pokemon, items, etc. Recently i've been using it for Join Avenue purposes. I only use it in the middle of a Pokemon addiction, then abandon it for other things, likewise with the games themselves.

Currently playing as of 10/26/2012: POKEMON WHITE 2
FC: 3826 6533 5813
Crazy Shenanigans - Click Me
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:26 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
I actually haven't used it at all with Black 2 yet, but when I was on completing my Pokédex on Black I was on almost every day finding Pokémon that I needed. I'll get back into it on Black 2 once I complete the storyline most likely.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links