• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN COUNTDOWN

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
(I am listening to All I Want For Christmas Is You on repeat as I type this)
It's November, at least in my timezone, and it's almost November in the American timezones. November is the month before Christmas, the greatest time of year. There are other things in November, but let's get real, November is the Countdown to the Countdown to Christmas month, 30 days in which you start to feel bursts of joy within your soul, longing for the Christnas season to begin. At least, that's what November is to me. How early do you start to feel the Christmas sprit, assuming you celebrate Christmas? Do you get annoyed when others start celebrating Christmas early? Do you chide others for daring to enjoy Christmas in November?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I love Christmas dont get me wrong, what I don't love is people playing Christmas music in October or early November, that's just too soon in my opinion. At least carve the Thanksgiving turkey first.

blue

gucci
Years
Christmas is my favorite time of year, I love it when the stores start to bring out the christmas collection and all the christmas songs are playing.

Years
Normally around Thanksgiving is when I "traditionally" start to get more into Christmas stuff and whatnot (since then or a few days after is when my family would normally put up the tree, depending on how lazy we were feeling). I don't really get annoyed if other people decide to start feeling it earlier, though if it's too long before the end of November I might be all like "why are they doing it now??". :P

I won't really get on their case about it, though. If they want to start getting into the spirit of it before I do, they can.

TheCrimson102

Charizard
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Thanksgiving comes first, but i guess there's really no thanksgiving songs to listen to if you're thinking about that. But Christmas I believe is one of my favorite holidays, I mean come on Free Presents :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I love Christmas so much. Like, it's my favorite holiday hands down. I enjoy the build up to Christmas than the actual day though, tbh. I hate it when people say 'it's too early for christmasy stuff' etc etc, and my Christmas spirit arrives as the Halloween spirit does in other people.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't consider it the Christmas season till after Thanksgiving. I find it annoying when stores advertise Christmas as early as Halloween. The shopping holiday is meant for after Thanksgiving no earlier or later. Wait till at least mid November to advertise for Black Friday.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I love Christmas time. The day after Thanksgiving all of our decorations and the tree goes up. It takes all day to decorate our house. I love the Christmas spirit and the beginning of November only reminds me it is just around the corner!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
OMG I can't wait for Christmas!! :D It's my most favourite festivals of the year! I've already begun to listen to Christmas songs haha. It's never too early to start :3 Am DEFINITELY counting down. Wait till I get through my finals first though!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Jeeze, it's not even November just yet, & already everyone is counting down to Christmas.

I'm not particularly thrilled about this holiday. About the only thing it's good for is a free day off from work. Still, that's better than nothing, i suppose.

Years
Pfft, November is for National Novel Writing Month!

I don't get into the Christmas spirit until Thanksgiving. Back when I was a kid, that was when the decorations went up. With retail, though, some places are already counting down towards Christmas... definitely not up for Christmas this soon. >___>

The past three years, I've spent Christmas alone, since that was my only day off during that week. So my Christmas spirit has been in the dumps. :(

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I sleep through Christmas. Hibernation, baby!

Really. I get aggravated by hearing Christmas music all the time for two freakin' months and my heart goes off to all of those retail employees that have to deal with it constantly. I don't do anything Christmas-wise until December, because there's no point. "Holiday cheer" doesn't exist anymore. Last Christmas was the worst of my life, and I don't see this one being too much better.

I don't think this is going to go anywhere for me. So... *disappears*

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I heard Christmas Music on the radio like 2 weeks ago.

Like REALLY PEOPLE?! FOR ****'S SAKE. I love Christmas too, but you're two ****ing months early.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I love Christmas, but don't really get into the spirit of it myself until after Thanksgiving. It's usually that Black Friday when we shop, and put up the tree and decorations and stuff. From that time on let the Christmas music begin, not before. xP

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia, so generally I start celebrating Christas the second I start seeing Christmas decorations appear in stores... which is usually around mid-October.

I let the stores dictate my enjoyment of Christmas because stores are where I feel more Christmassy. Christmas is all about the consumerism and the pretty things and the lovely music, so that's how I enjoy it :D

Years
I don't like when people get all Christmas-y too early. They should wait until at least Thanksgiving is over. Or Hanukkah. Better yet, the winter solstice, or perhaps a few days after that just to be on the safe side.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I love Christmas. I usually start the "Christmas cheer" around late October when I play a few Christmas songs or start going out to buy presents for that time. The only things I'm against is when the shops start to sell Christmas decorations right in the middle of August. They should just wait until it's October or November, in my opinion.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I like christmas but my family normally start "christmas" cheer on the first on December.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Christmas season does not start in November.

November is for Thanksgiving, and after Thanksgiving is the time to start with the Christmas stuff. Anyway, Christmas is my favorite holiday and time of year, so I am looking forward to December.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't start getting into the Christmas spirit until right after Thanksgiving. And I mean the moment I finish Thanksgiving dinner, I'm thinking about Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I love everything about it. The catchy music, the decorations, keeping the tree up for as long as possible... everything! I think people who have a problem with Christmas are Scrooges and need to find happiness in their life.

Back