The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Christmas Gaming

So, Christmas is coming up fast and it is always a fierce time of the year for gaming fans and companies. There is a lot of money to be made in this festive period and companies, sometimes, hold back those games you have wanted for this season, so they can hope to be the top profitable company of the season.

With the release of the Wii-U this Christmas, a lot of people expect Nintendo to take the Christmas sales by storm and it is possible, but who do you think will be on top this year?

The main point of this thread, is to get you talking about what you are looking forward to this Christmas; consoles or games. Maybe you are getting an existing console, if so what?

Old October 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
The only console I don't have that I want is the Vita but there still aren't enough games on it for me to reeeally want one so it's not gonna be on my list.

I'll mostly be asking for games this Christmas but I don't expect to get much of anything on my list since it's mostly imports. @_@
- Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
- Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney (3DS JP)
- Professor Layton 5 (3DS)
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS JP)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS (..3DS JP)
- Journey (PS3 collection thingy)
- Okami HD (PS3)

My list is overwhelmingly Nintendo handheld, haha. And mostly everything has come out in the last few months or will come out by the end of the year so for once it feels like an actual "Christmas" list.

...that said, I might go in with my brother and ask for a new PS3 because our shared one died and that leaves my brother with no actual console of his own to take to university and co-op placements and whatnot. I've got access to one so I don't need one but I feel bad about him not having anything. :( So that's not wildly exciting or something I'm even looking forward to but I guess the slim is something new?

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Really, nothing. Finally pick up Pokemon White 2. I guess AC3 because I like the franchise even though I'm not hyped for the game at all.

And... that's about it o.o
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I got myself an early gift: Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal in Japanese.

Although, if I can get myself some spending money, I wanna get a WiiU and ZombiU.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

This is probably the most underwhelming holiday gaming season ever for me. Everything's just rote, by-the-numbers sequels. The only games I can really see myself asking for are AC3 and maybe Halo 4. And even then, odds are that if I get those, it'll be if they go on sale on Black Friday, and I'd buy them myself.

As far as systems, Wii U has no games that I want at launch, and even if it did, a $350 console is not something I'm going to get for Christmas. My family isn't really into big, extravagant gifts.

So...I honestly don't even know if I'm going to ask for anything gaming-related for Christmas. It's just a really underwhelming year. Plus I have enough on my backlog already.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Probably a Wii U with NSMBU and that will be it.
Really mad that Pikmin 3 isn't gonna be a launch title anymore. Though I dunno if my family would be willing to spend £250-£300.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

I know that my relative will be getting a Wii U and I'll be hogging the TV for all Christmas. Game wise, I literally have no games I'm thinking of asking for Christmas.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:44 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkula View Post
This is probably the most underwhelming holiday gaming season ever for me. Everything's just rote, by-the-numbers sequels.
This is an interesting point that I agree with.

How do people feel about what Morkula said? Do you agree that the 'big' titles are just 'safe' squeals to popular games?
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:22 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Just a 3DS honestly. For the eventual release of Fire Emblem: Awakening. And a couple other 3DS games (namely Project x Zone) that I hope to see localized.

The Wii U can wait for awhile.
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm hoping to get a few games, dvds, clothes etc that I'm syked for but I've got my birthday just before Christmas so not too sure what I'm getting when. Regardless I still love Christmas and I'm looking forward to it in general. Oh and possibly the Wii U!

Team αlpha
Old October 31st, 2012, 02:30 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

I'm probably going to the buy the white PS Vita or a 3DS XL (highly unlikely cause I got a regular 3DS. But if a cool Pokèmon edition 3DS like the Japanese charizard is out I'll buy it). I'll also get a few games like Mario Bros 2 for 3DS and I might buy a Wii U if I feel like it (probably not).
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Just Pokemon White 2 and a Nintendo Points card mostly
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
I already got most of the games I wanted a few months ago (B2W2, Skyward Sword, Return to Dream Land) however there's still stuff I missed, like KH: Dream Drop Distance. I'm also asking for Pikmin 3. No one ever buys me consoles, so I plan on just using my own money to buy myself a Wii U and ask for various Wii U games haha. I also would like either Mario Kart Wii or 7 because I have this crazy urge to play Mario Kart lately.

btw I love Santa Yoshi. SO HAPPY!

paired to peeta
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I already got most of the games I wanted a few months ago (B2W2, Skyward Sword, Return to Dream Land) however there's still stuff I missed, like KH: Dream Drop Distance. I'm also asking for Pikmin 3. No one ever buys me consoles, so I plan on just using my own money to buy myself a Wii U and ask for various Wii U games haha. I also would like either Mario Kart Wii or 7 because I have this crazy urge to play Mario Kart lately.

btw I love Santa Yoshi. SO HAPPY!
I don't think Pikmin 3 is out this year
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
Just Pokemon White 2 and a Nintendo Points card mostly
I might get a few of those cards, actually. Perhaps I can get some good titles on there, like Ocarina of Time 3D and some more Virtual Console games. Perhaps Crashmo too, once it's released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
I don't think Pikmin 3 is out this year
Never hurts to pre-order ;D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Aeon
I CAN MAKE SPAGHETTI (´・ω・`)
Community Supporter

The Wii U for me can wait for another year. I only intend on getting five games (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Assassin's Creed III, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, OoT 3D that I should've gotten gotten a while ago, and I might be getting Halo 4 before Christmas but not sure yet.) Everything else might just be clothes and things for my car.
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

Nature: Calm
My gaming this Christmas will consist of the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3 - I sold my 360 last year and I didn't see the point in getting 2 and 3 when I couldn't play the original; a crappy comic book just isn't going to cut it given how much I enjoyed the first game - and likely Dishonored, provided it drops sufficiently in price. If not Dishonored, then Rune Factory Oceans. I have a small backlog of games already released that I'd quite like to play that I plan on asking for, and I know I'll get the ME trilogy because my parents will usually buy me the game I ask them for.

Christmas is a time for me to save money, rather than spend it, because the main games that I want are coming out next year; in terms of all-new releases this holiday season is a bit underwhelming, with only Paper Mario: Sticker Star attracting my interest, and not enough for me to put it above the other two games I just mentioned that I will definitely ask for and likely get. I may also import Persona 4 on Vita to see what the fuss is about (and because all I have on my Vita is Disgaea 3 right now) but otherwise it'll be something of a quiet Christmas on the gaming front.
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Ideally I want a 3DS and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. If that's too much for my family to get me then I can only think of two games that I would like and that's Tales of Vesperia for the 360 and Pokemon White 2. Can't really think of anything else that I want this Christmas gaming wise. Maybe Skyward Sword? Not sure.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Not really expecting much since I'm just transitioning to adulthood, and I have a job D:

I'm looking into either a WII U, a 3DS (Paper Mario!!!), or both. I'm still very busy with my DSi, since there are soooo many games I haven't played as of yet. I'm also gonna get Black Ops II around that time. I'm excited though :D
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
Hitman Absolution
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed 3
Syndicate
Prototype 2

All for the 360 of course although I might not get them but oh well, hopefully I might get a PS2 if not those particular games.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

My christmas list would be consisted of this

Pokemon Black or White
Pokemon Black or White 2
Nintendo 3DS
Wii-U
Some DVD/Bluray movies
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Besides the Wii-U, i think the games that will sell a lot of copies are:

New Super Mario U
Black Ops 2 (Why?)
LittleBigPlanet Karting (might get it)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (definitely getting)

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Akeraz
Winning is Magic

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
This is an interesting point that I agree with.

How do people feel about what Morkula said? Do you agree that the 'big' titles are just 'safe' squeals to popular games?
Yeah, that's how I pretty much feel.
Hence why I'm saving my cash to build a new gaming rig.

I'm still enjoying all of last year's games, and the games that came out septemberish. Like Torchlight II and Borderlands II.

Though, I may end up buying that World of Warcraft Monopoly Set that just came out...

"It's like I'm watching you fly through a window"
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I'd completely forgotten that Paper Mario: Sticker Star was coming out this year. That's been my most anticipated video game for the past year, so you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be getting it either before or at Christmastime. I might try out a Professor Layton game, since I've heard good things about them, and have always wanted to try them, but never really considered actually buying one. But that'll be about it for this year. :D
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Spinosaurus

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Persona 4 Golden (importing this)
Zero Escape: Virtua's Last Reward (not out yet in Europe)

That's pretty much it...unless they magically announce Persona 4 Arena's EU release date before new year, I don't think there's any other game I want. Halo 4 doesn't interest me anymore.

I think Q1 of 2013 has more interesting games than this christmas:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Sly 4
The Last of Us (assuming it is out on Q1)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Pikmin 3 (Q1 I think)
Game & Wario (same as above)
maybe DmC Devil May Cry
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links