• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I just downloaded Pokemon Black 2 and I'm using no$gba. I added some action replay codes and it fixed the blue screen. I went into the Pokemon menu to switch my Pokemon but when I exited, it froze. What should I do?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Tileset Error

Hi, I wasn't 100% sure, is this the right thread to post about help with tileset errors?

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Hey, are there any Pokemon Conquest Roms that will work well with Desmume? I want to try it out. Can someone PM me a link to one? Or is it against the rules to ask for this?

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
My game doesn't have anything on the second screen, and nothing happens when i click start. Playing Black 2 on Desmume.

EDIT: Nvm, i figured it out. The start and menu buttons are different, apparently. When you click the button configured to X, you open the menu.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Hello and I must say this forum is very helpful. :)

Anyway, I've tried all the solutions I could gather through the whole thread in both my desmume 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 but it still lags. the first few minutes run smoothly but it gradually gets slower and slower. (I also found that 0.9.7 runs the game a tad bit better) I'm really getting frustrated. I got by and I'm on Castelia now. Any possible solutions? Or does the computer's memory/free space have something to do with it? Thanks in advance! c:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello and I must say this forum is very helpful. :)

Anyway, I've tried all the solutions I could gather through the whole thread in both my desmume 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 but it still lags. the first few minutes run smoothly but it gradually gets slower and slower. (I also found that 0.9.7 runs the game a tad bit better) I'm really getting frustrated. I got by and I'm on Castelia now. Any possible solutions? Or does the computer's memory/free space have something to do with it? Thanks in advance! c:
1) Kill every process possible that uses RAM or CPU
2) Wait for processes to end
3) Play on DeSmuME without any other programs launched.
If it doesn't work it's either a crappy ROM or your PC simply cannot handle it and you will have to either give up, buy a better PC or buy a DS/3DS.

PM8

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
So I'm using no$gba,
got the sweet action replay codes in place,
running off no$zoomer,
and have EX0 and EX5 checked.

It'll run to the first cinematic (just before the phone call in black2 and just after in white2) and then crash with the error:
"Requires BIOS ROM-Image to execute undef opcode exceptions"

I had 7 and 9 lying around so I put them in.

It'll go to the same spot and crash with the error:
"The rom-image has crashed"

Any ideas on what's still missing?

PS I've also tried it with both no$ ver 2.6 and 2.6a

So apparently I was making this too hard...
forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=60304.0
Just start from scratch and it works fine. Saved no problem.

Maybe there was something in the .ini files I copy/pasted that was messing things up.
- Though, I set the speed to 2x and it still seems to be ok.

Just glad it's finally working
XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
(This is a "Copy & Paste" from other forum) (Anyway, i am the author).

Unlock codes for BW2 (all systems including Korean)
Last year I took part in the thread of BW's unlocking. Now, after observing the codes I dare to predict new codes for upcoming korean's versions.

The main code was consisting of 16 rows:

52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 0218xxxx -> This is the magic code
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D0000000 00000000

The magical codes per every BW edition are:
08E0 -> Black Edition (Italian)
0900 -> White Edition (Italian)
0920 -> Black Edition (German)
0940 -> White Edition (German)
0960 -> Black Edition (French)
0980 -> White Edition (French)
09A0 -> Black Edition (Spanish)
09A0 -> White Edition (Spanish)
09E0 -> Black Edition (English)
0A00 -> White Edition (English)
0C60 -> Black Edition (Japanese)
0C80 -> White Edition (Japanese)
10E0 -> Black Edition (Korean)
10E0 -> White Edition (Korean)

Tips:
- The European versions are contiguous.
- The White's Codes are the same Black's Code albeit +20(Hex)
(Two exceptions look strange, simply use the same BlackCode).

Now examining the new BW2 codes for German's Edition (0FE0 & 1000) i begin to think here a simple offset for discover the all new codes...

After doing the suitable tests, I obtaining the next table.

0FA0 -> Black 2 Edition (Italian)
0FC0 -> White 2 Edition (Italian)
0FE0 -> Black 2 Edition (German)
1000 -> White 2 Edition (German)
1020 -> Black 2 Edition (Spanish)
1040 -> White 2 Edition (Spanish)
1060 -> Black 2 Edition (French)
1080 -> White 2 Edition (French)
10A0 -> Black 2 Edition (English)
10C0 -> White 2 Edition (English)
1320 -> Black 2 Edition (Japanese)
1340 -> White 2 Edition (Japanese)
17A0 -> Black 2 Edition (Korean) -> I hope
17C0 -> White 2 Edition (Korean) -> I hope

The BW2 codes are same BW codes, albeit +06C0(Hex).
(Only one detail, the Spanish/French codes are interchanged).
But the more interestly is, i pronosticed the upcoming korean codes. (I hope).

PS: For BW2 your need use NO$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 (+ NO$GBA 2.6a) with EX5 enabled (startup at least).
PS2: This 16 rows code is only for patched ROMS. The clean ROMS requires additional Action Replay Codes.
PS3: The codes presently here are Action Replay (AR) Codes, RAW format. (Take note).

Years
The tool UnLz-Gba wont let me insert a sprite into free space
I find a free header change to it and write to rom but my image
won't change can anyone help?

Does anybody know if it's possible to play Gen 4 games on an iPhone?
Its possible put theres no emulator for it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
Ash493 said:
What's the point of using AR when you can play the game on DeSmuME without any crappy codes?
The point is that i cannot play in Desmume, my computer is an old Athlon XP 1.467Mhz 512Mib RAM No-DDR, has not even SSE2, so regular version of Desmume's does not run ... (there exists a special version that does not need SSE2, but is more slow that the normal one).

On the other hand, with NO$Zoomer can play to 95/100 % (nocash render) and 85/95 % (opengl render) of perfomance... I love No$Zoomer (NO$GBA included... AR codes necessitated).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The point is that i cannot play in Desmume, my computer is an old Athlon XP 1.467Mhz 512Mib RAM No-DDR, has not even SSE2, so regular version of Desmume's does not run ... (there exists a special version that does not need SSE2, but is more slow that the normal one).

On the other hand, with NO$Zoomer can play to 95/100 % (nocash render) and 85/95 % (opengl render) of perfomance... I love No$Zoomer (NO$GBA included... AR codes necessitated).

Hm... having said that, have you tried disabling "Advanced Bus-Timer" in Emulation Settings? 'Cause it's turned on by default and can cause massive lagging.

Simply go to Config > Emulation Settings, then de-select the box next to "Advanced Bus-Timer".

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I was wanting to know if there's any sort of tool I can use to view pokemon that appear at certain times of the day in hacked rom's that have had day and night cycles added to them. The one I'm referring to specifically is Liquid Crystal 3.2. I can use advance map to view all of the pokemon, but it doesn't show what times of day they appear.

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
How i trade Pokemon on my VBA 1.8.0 beta 3? because i dont find link option, and when i load a save archive in my VBA Link it says that its imposible to do that.

Years
pikalax said:
ROMs are confirmed working on CycloDS iEvolution with the 2ch patch.
Also confirmed working on DeSmuME 0.9.8 x64 with auto-select save type and the original AP patch. Presumed working also with x86 version, though not recommended due to extra resources required by ROM.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
I've read loads of stuff but concluded that I am technologically... handicapped.
I know it's against the rules to post links to roms but if someone could pm me a working link with exp gaining already patched I would be ecstatic!

Back