The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

View Poll Results: which line?
Squirtle 28 57.14%
Tododile 21 42.86%
Other rare water lines 1 2.04%
Water pokemon? eh... 2 4.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Totodile for the win because Squirtle don't really appeal to my liking much. I guess I prefer Crocodiles to Turtles.
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
i added a poll everyone! lets see who wins.
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Totodile line for me cos they learn an Ice-type attack naturally. Also, I didn't like the Kanto starters much.
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I voted the Squirtle line, simply because I love all three stages of the Squirtle line whereas I only like Totodile and Croconaw but am not a fan of Feraligatr.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Oshawott986
Unhatched Egg

Feraligtr is so cool and totodile is so cute. I think Squirtle is cool, but I don't know why. I just think the Totodile line is better.
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
i liked Totodile then gen iii back sprite

Now i hate it
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not huge a water type fan but I to have go with anything with Blastoise in the line. Hand down not a fight with me Blastoise all the way.

Old October 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Totodile is my favorite starter ever. Go Toto!

Old October 19th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Roggenroller
Unhatched Egg

Blastoise is the best designed starter in my opinion. I always remembered choosing squirtle in pokemon red. Never liked totadile. I would have to go with squirtles evolutionary line.
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

While I don't have lots of affection for the Squirtle line, I really dislike Feraligatr and Croconaw. Their designs, stats, movepools and even names are horrible, and it really taints the whole line. The Squirtle line, while kinda boring in comparison to the Emploeon/Swampert lines, at least it competent in all of the metrics mentioned above. As such, it gets my vote.
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The Squirtle line for me. I've always disliked the Totodile line with a passion; everything about them strikes me as not good. Their designs and names are irritating and their stats aren't great, so they really aren't Pokémon I've ever gotten on well with. As for the Squirtle line I've always been a pretty big fan since Squirtle is adorable and Blastoise is a bit of a brute, so they're definitely the line I prefer of the two.
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Feraligatr's spelling is all that it takes for me to hate the entire Totodile line. End of story. :P But I do like Squirtle. Wartortle is awesome with his wings on his head.
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Rothometapratis

Squirtle line. If only Bastoise had natural-looking pumps coming out of its shell than these metal ones. Like as soon as Wartortle evolves rushes to buy army equipment.
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I love Wartortle's design, but I'm impartial to Squirtle and Blastoise. I find Totodile to be adorable, Croconaw is a cuddly caveman, and Feraligatr is fierce and surprisingly usable in competitive play. So my vote goes for Totodile's line.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Definitely Totodile line! I never really got to like Squirtle for anything other than its design, as I've barely even used it, since both of the other starters of its generation overshined it in pretty much every aspect. Charmander was really popular amongst pretty much everyone at the time that the first generation games were big, and Bulbasaur was just easy to get through the games with, whereas Squirtle never really benefitted the progress in any way that the other two didn't, so I never really felt a reason to use it. After I learned that Grass types were also good against Rock types, I instantly switched over to Bulbasaur.

Totodile, however, was probably the strongest of the three starters in the second generation. How I felt about Squirtle quite generally fell upon Chikorita in this generation, except, unlike Squirtle, the game was significantly harder to get through in the beginning if you chose Chikorita, which of course provided a much bigger challenge, but was also quite annoying, so I either went with Cyndaquil or Totodile. And yeah, though Cyndaquil might've been my first choice most of the times, in a battle of being the favourite between the Squirtle line and the Totodile line, it's definitely the winner.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
I say Tododile, because he has always came to my liking more than Squirtle.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
MrTripStack
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I've always considered myself a "water trainer" of sorts and while I do like both Pokémon, my votes definitely gonna be going to Squirtle. He was my favorite stater Pokémon when I played the original games and he's still one of my favorites today (I much prefer to choose my favorite starter Pokémon by type now, since there are so many). There's just something I've always liked about Blastoise.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Swampert. I hate Blastoise, so I'll go with Feraligatr. I prefer Totodile to Squirtle as well, but Wartortle to Croconaw. That's still majority Totodile line haha. Blastoise always felt...weird to me. idk.

paired to peeta
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
i found another reason to go with feraligatr. i like dragons, and tend to be a dragon tamer in the gen I/II games. feraligatr resembles a dragon! ?
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Flaze
Unhatched Egg

Personally, Squirtle is a terrible starter (I agree it's good for Brock, but after that it's pretty useless until Blaine), plus it has too much defense to be an effective leader, I prefer something that has more attack.

I personally like Totodile more, as it can learn Bite and Slash (Also Surf through HM) and can be a very good leader.
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I couldn't stand Feraligatr's appearance when I was younger. I kept my starter as a Croconaw in Crystal (and unless if the battery died, he would be like, level 77). I just love Croconaw too much. He looks like a boss but he's still pretty cute, haha.

So.. I would have to vote for the Squirtle line since I love all 3 members of the Squirtle family. :P

For nostalgia reasons...

Old November 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Don Bastio
Banned

i pick squirtle, only because i think blastoise is the coolest looking starter not just out of water type, but any starter of any game. for gameplay reasons, i usually pick bulbasaur. bulbasaur is probably the most unappreciated starter, along with all grass starters, probably because grass types are more common than water and way more common than fire types. i pick it to fight misty and brock.
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
Ruffledfeathers
Unhatched Egg

I prefer Squirtle of the two, but my fave water starter is Mudkip.
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:24 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Design wise I prefer the Totodile line because when it evolves into its final form Feraligatr, its teeth is whats appealing to me and the colors on it. In general I pick the Squirtle line because when it becomes its final form, I like how it has a strong defense stat and it doesnt get KOed as much as Feraligatr

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
johnnyman

Squirtle! It's so cute, who doesn't like it?

To take this test, click here.

To take the old test, click here.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links