The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Forum Games

Notices

Forum Games It's time to save yourself from the everyday trials and tribulations of your vigorous post day. Welcome to Forum Games, where the only posts are frantic fun and hilarious hijinks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here

I was a Dragonite and it fits my personality. That quiet guy who's talkative after you know him for awhile, on the outside he's noisy, but deep down, a quiet guy. Contradicting, but truth.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post

Isn't that cheating though? You could just keep switching acounts and no one on the next page would know.
You aren't allowed to pretend you are another person by using an alt. I used an alt before and people didn't realize it was me but it was pretty obvious as I continue a conversation I was having and well ... no one asked.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
You aren't allowed to pretend you are another person by using an alt. I used an alt before and people didn't realize it was me but it was pretty obvious as I continue a conversation I was having and well ... no one asked.

So I can do that?

Be right back, gonna make a new alt and post in it a little bit.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Seki
You idiot!

That's your alt! Its so obvious with all the anime and japanese stuff.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Seems like someone forgot the 4 words again... two deleted posts in a row was the result.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Congrats Ice Car. You broke two (one a half) rules when you did that. Thus the deleted posts. Posting after your alt is the same as double-posting and again - can't pretend to be someone else. Consider this a verbal warning.

... Hikari no. That was not the case.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ice Car

Quote:

Congrats Ice Car. You broke two (one a half) rules when you did that. Thus the deleted posts. Posting after your alt is the same as double-posting and again - can't pretend to be someone else. Consider this a verbal warning.

V

... Hikari no. That was not the case.
Quote:
Maybe you should have clarified that in your post... Just saying.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Basically what I said but different wording? I can't see how you can interpret that the other way around. :/ Would it have helped if I said if people did asked I would have said that it was me because pretending to be someone else wasn't my intention due to the fact that it is against the rules? It was just to prove that someone was being hostile towards me simply because I was a mod. I continued the conversation but they never caught on it was me.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
WinterToyota

Quote:

Basically what I said but different wording? I can't see how you can interpret that the other way around. :/ Would it have helped if I said if people did asked I would have said that it was me because pretending to be someone else wasn't my intention due to the fact that it is against the rules? It was just to prove that someone was being hostile towards me simply because I was a mod. I continued the conversation but they never caught on it was me.

I thought you meant you weren't allowed to impersonate people.

I'm allowed to count up as long as I don't "double post", right?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

You can't do that either so not completely incorrect.

And correct. Now I kind of feel like going on an alt myself but last time I did I was slapped with a 'your accout is male so you haveto count down' uhm ... no. :c
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
WinterToyota

Why exactly isn't that allowed anyway? You can't assume different personas as long as you are in operation of only one account at a time?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCommunity Rules
You are not allowed to use multiple accounts to create an illusion of more than one person.
You may not create an alternate account simply to vote on a poll or back up an argument, mislead other members, or evade a ban. Note that this does not prohibit having multiple accounts (for yourself or individuals in your family) in general. Accounts used to sidestep bans will be suspended without question.
Regardless of you using one account at that time, you can still mislead other members by doing so.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Ice Car

Quote:

Regardless of you using one account at that time, you can still mislead other members by doing so.

Well, maybe if I use a proxy and make a name completely unrelated to my own I can create a new persona. Just a thought, I won't go through the hassle of actually doing it though...

I mean, I can't just randomly switch to a different persona and expect people to fall for it.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

You can only maintain a persona until someone asks you who you are, really. People do have accounts that hide their identity, but the moment they are asked the moment that cover is blown. Little loophole I guess?

/hi i'm tara and i'm probably driving you nuts with all this. why is this girl a mod again.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Ice Car

Quote:

You can only maintain a persona until someone asks you who you are, really. People do have accounts that hide their identity, but the moment they are asked the moment that cover is blown. Little loophole I guess?

/hi i'm tara and i'm probably driving you nuts with all this. why is this girl a mod again.

Okay cool. Can I have weird conversations with myself? I just asked myself if I wanted to go out. I was going to finish the joke and say to take it to the PMs but decided to delete I's afraid of mod wrath.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Go ahead as long as it stays in VMs! And haha, actually that can be taken normally but I guess it's always better to be cautious.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Ice Car

Quote:

Go ahead as long as it stays in VMs! And haha, actually that can be taken normally but I guess it's always better to be cautious.

So this is fine? :p

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...58#post7394958
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nope. That's double-posting on two different account. 3: It's the exact reason why I deleted your extra posts here orz.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
446 Aand I am bored out of my mind

Last edited by UnderMybrella; November 2nd, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Ice Car

^Apparently so. You messed up the number horribly.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold

Listening to old favorites for songs while drinking green tea feels good man.

Oh and hai guis.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Ice Car

I feel compelled to make a new account under a proxy just to spam these.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

446 Well, I failed... Let's hope I got it right this time!
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold

I went with this username just because I'm called Ven pretty much everywhere else, last name is either Setsuna or Bloodia depending on the place but it doesn't matter really.

That and new avatar, low quality I know but compared to what was on Google with the safe search off I'd rather not take my chances given the demented nature of some obsessed fans with access to DeviantArt out there.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

444 I've been using Anglican since Year 3. Was saving on Poptropica and needed a rememberable username. Considering I lived near an Anglican Church at the time, this was the first thing that popped into my head

Sponsored Links

Advertise here