The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Hack of the Quarter?
Pokemon Bronze 17 14.91%
Pokemon Rose 59 51.75%
Pokemon Furious Flames 38 33.33%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:00 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Second Hack of the Quarter - 2012

Introduction:

This Hack of the Quarter competition will run to the first of December, so you have until then to vote for your choice. The winning hack's thread will be stickied for three months, until the next competition's winner is announced and it will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. The thread's owner will also receive an emblem to go along with their accomplishment. Only those hacks which are in either the Progressing Hacks or the Hacks Showcase forums and have not won Hack of the Month/ Quarter/ Year previously are eligible for nomination.

Feel free to discuss which hack you voted for and why, but please keep the comments clean. Ready? Go!

This Quarter's Eligible Hacks:

Rules:
  • You may vote for one hack, once per contest.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll rather than posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this quarter.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:41 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I've gotta say, Pokémon Rose surely does have plenty of nicely designed tilesets for a Pokémon FireRed Version ROM hack. Compared to the other two, I think it gets my tick of approval. I've voted for it, and at first I was thinking about going for Pokémon Bronze, but then I realized that there hasn't been much in the way of graphics that have changed, so it still needs more progress. ;)

So anyways, let's see who's going to win HotQ, eh? ^^

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I am not familiar with any of these, so will abstain at this point. As I only hang around Hacks Showcase and not Progressing Hacks, I'm curious to know why a hack eligible for this isn't already in the Hacks Showcase? Progressing Hacks can still be abandoned and not completed, at least to a point one in Hacks Showcase is.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I am not familiar with any of these, so will abstain at this point. As I only hang around Hacks Showcase and not Progressing Hacks, I'm curious to know why a hack eligible for this isn't already in the Hacks Showcase? Progressing Hacks can still be abandoned and not completed, at least to a point one in Hacks Showcase is.

Cyclone
Well Pokemon Rose it's a pretty good hack, I like what they did to graphics and music. And don't forget scripting. :D

Well, all this hacks have made specific progress and have released BETA's already. And Hacks Showcase hacks can be abandoned as well. Remember that Pokemon Light doesn't have a released version yet so it can be abandoned. Or maybe hacks with BETA's already will be discontinued.

Last edited by tajaros; November 3rd, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

Cyclone
Previous/ other contests (HotM, HotY) have never been Hacks Showcase exclusive; so long as you have a good hack or one that shows promise then it is eligible for being selected. Yes, hacks in Progressing can be abandoned, but that can happen in the Showcase as well.

One of the rules also invalidates a lot of the hacks in the Showcase anyway - Previous HotY/ HotM winners can't be nominated, which knocks out a good 80% of active Showcase threads right now. It is far better for all involved that Progressing Hacks can be chosen so that the quality of the contest remains high and we don't see the same hacks pop up every few months.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I voted for Pokemon Furious Flames because the ROM Hack kind of reminds me of Pokemon Fire Red Omega by Drayano60. I also like how Hoenn is in the game to as including the Hoenn region in a Fire Red ROM Hack is impressive.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
KeldeoInTraining
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
All of the above hacks were good but...pokemon dark rising is one of the best hacks of all time-kanye west voice. *shrugs*
voting for rose.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Pokémon Rose because I've heard of it.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
KeldeoInTraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Pokémon Rose because I've heard of it.
yes...I do not mean to belittle the nominated hacks. they are good. but I believe I can speak for others as well when I say there could have been much better picks for this quarter. dark rising, victory fire, and hyetology would have been better more deserving choices along with rose as a strong 4th choice. the choices above seemed rushed and out of the blue. the only one known here is rose.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeldeoInTraining View Post
yes...I do not mean to belittle the nominated hacks. they are good. but I believe I can speak for others as well when I say there could have been much better picks for this quarter. dark rising, victory fire, and hyetology would have been better more deserving choices along with rose as a strong 4th choice. the choices above seemed rushed and out of the blue. the only one known here is rose.
The poll results so far disagree with you.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
KeldeoInTraining

Quote:
The poll results so far disagree with you.

Cyclone
just because people are voting does not change the fact there were more better choices that should have been nominated. whats done is done however and I pick rose because it has the most appeal and better story of the 3.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
just because people are voting does not change the fact there were more better choices that should have been nominated. whats done is done however and I pick rose because it has the most appeal and better story of the 3.
Actually, my comment was in response to this:

Quote:
the only one known here is rose.
There are a minimum of 4 votes for each hack. Clearly 4 people have heard of each. Personally, I've heard of none of them.

Now, Rose has gained 4 votes without competition since; now 10-5-4.

Cyclone

Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Don't worry there are two nominations left maybe those hacks you mentioned will be in it, It's just not the right time...
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Rose has been out for too long, and is of ample quality and precision. I also personally know the amount of thought put into this hack and can only blab away for a long time if necessary.

Haven't got any clue about Bronze, Furious Flames is a good hack, though, and I support it after Rose.
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Guess I'm gonna go for Furious Flames... I gotta agree that the choices IMO and from my point of view could have been better, but oh well... maybe next time =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Pokemon Rose. It looks awesome and the time put into it really paid off. It has good tiles, I really liked the trucks in Marvelight City, It has Awesome scripts, and I like the Titlescreen :3

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm undecided between Pokémon Bronze and
Pokémon Furious Flames.
They're both fantastic!

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old November 4th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Saltsas

mhh, this is kinda difficult to choose but I'll go for Rose version.Very good worked and we are all expecting lot from it The other 2 version are cool as well but i guess Rose "beats" 'em.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:23 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
I think I will chose Pokemon Rose because of it's graphic and gameplay.
Pokemon Bronze is also good but both of them is fantastic!
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
At last i choose Pokemon Furious Flames xD

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old November 5th, 2012, 05:42 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

As much as I like Bela and Pokémon Rose, Pokémon Bronze easily outclasses the other hacks in my opinion.

PS. I'd like to point out that the CSS layout is horrible and would be better off without one.

paired with christos

Last edited by hashtag; November 5th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:48 AM
KeldeoInTraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Guess I'm gonna go for Furious Flames... I gotta agree that the choices IMO and from my point of view could have been better, but oh well... maybe next time =)
Also why fire red backwards edition was not selected? it was a pretty neat hack and finished. silver legend is also in the progression hacks with a beta and has the most appeal than any hack ever created imo. dark rising thread came out in april of this year and has the 2nd most replies in the progression hacks. 2nd only to ash grey which came out in 2010. it also has the 5th highest views in the section.
I have played furious flames and it is just too basic for my taste. so im sticking with rose. who chooses the nominations? is there a thread for it as well?
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

It may have been nominated before, but yes...having not won, technically it is still eligible. I'm not part of the nominating committee, so that is where an answer would have to come from.

Cyclone

Old November 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
It may have been nominated before, but yes...having not won, technically it is still eligible. I'm not part of the nominating committee, so that is where an answer would have to come from.

Cyclone
I've never played your hack but you're acting like it's some kind of massive deal. I don't know the procedures for HotQ but back when we did HotM we tried not to nominate the same hacks more than once in a row just to give other hacks their chances. My advice to you is to chill out, keep working on making your hack better and if it's good enough come next quarter I'm sure it'll be nominated. At the end of the day it's just a meaningless award on an internet forum.

paired with christos
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Critx
Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks

I vote for Pokemon Rose because of it's great Graphic design.

~Thanks for Reading Critx~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here