The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
drpoplove
Super Saiyan and Stuff

Advertise here
I had no clue about much of those areas until a year or two later when my friend freaked out at how bad I was at Pokemon.
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Agastya
Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

Nature: Quiet
I think I found Shoal Cave before Mossdeep.

I tripped over Sky Pillar one day just surfing, I was super giddy when the ball clicked down and I actualy caught Rayquaza (and had nothing to use it on)

The Regi caves were also pretty simple, but I printed out a chart for the braille instead of just looking around and finding the slabs that stood for A-Z. I was kind of disappointed with the actual Regis when I was younger, but their battle theme was rad.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

I knew about them all only because I bought a strategy guide that covered both Ruby and Sapphire when I bought the games. On my first playthrough I just read the strategy guide for everything, so I knew exactly where they were.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
I think I found Shoal Cave before Mossdeep.

I tripped over Sky Pillar one day just surfing, I was super giddy when the ball clicked down and I actualy caught Rayquaza (and had nothing to use it on)

The Regi caves were also pretty simple, but I printed out a chart for the braille instead of just looking around and finding the slabs that stood for A-Z. I was kind of disappointed with the actual Regis when I was younger, but their battle theme was rad.
I was dissappointed with the Regi's too ... I was expecting at least a half decent dungeon to explore.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I spent a lot of my time on my first file of Ruby. So I'm pretty sure I explored like everything. It took me awhile to find that route beneath Mt. Pyre though.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:19 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, I pretty much played through the games with my friends, so we were more people out looking for things, so pretty much discovered all of them on my first playthrough. Shoal Cave and Sky Pillar weren't really hard to find, as they weren't really hidden as well as the Regi's were, and they were easy to discover when you loved exploring the games. Only the Sky Pillar really got me interested though, especially since there was a legendary located there, and I remember everyone at one point wanted me to help them through the tower, because they couldn't control the bike lol.

But the Regi caves were really well hidden. Not enough with that it was in Braille, which I at first had no clue how to decipher untill I checked through my guide, it was also translated to English through the Braille, which I didn't understand anyways, so without anyone to translate, it took me quite a while before I finally got to open up for the cave where you open up for the Regi's, and then came the whole hunt for the specific Pokemon, before i finally got to open the Regi caves. But in the end it was all worth it, and I agree that this is definitely the way legendaries should be hidden. Maybe not with the constant use of Braille, but just some kind of more subtle clues and such to make the puzzles harder and such.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:51 PM
True Honey
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I had never really noticed at the time I was playing since I had purchased the game guide along with the game. So, everything that was missing from the story was compensated with the help of the game guide. Though Regi's Hideouts proved to be difficult to unlock and the braille difficult to decipher so I ended up not doing the quest.

Avatar & Signature: The Little Flying Jumpluff by ~ alright123100 (deviantART)
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I noticed Shoal Cave as I was playing through the game. I remember I caugth a shiny Zubat in there. As for Sky Pillar, I remember just one day coming across it randomly and getting quite a surprise. Ah yes, back in the day before I had guide books and internet.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here