Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 29th, 2012 (07:25 AM).
Klaw
Unhatched Egg

What is your favorite video game? I pretty much would have to go with Final Fantasy 4 5 and 6 i don't know why i just like them a lot how about you?
Old October 29th, 2012 (08:45 PM).
asitha_lakruwan
Booted out - don't be like me!

I don't think I have one favorite game
It all depends on what mood I'm in.
For general play and supers, I like City of Heroes/Villains.
For Sci-Fi, I (currently) like EVE Online (I have high hopes for Fallen Earth).
For fantasy, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning is looking promising (I miss a good fantasy game - not really playing one right now).
For very quick play, I like FastCrawl (fantasy) or Weird Worlds (not-quite-4x Sci-Fi).
That covers everything I currently play much.
Old October 30th, 2012 (10:15 PM).
Huayra
Zorua fanatic

Nature: Quirky
Battlefield 3 for the win
Old October 31st, 2012 (01:42 AM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
One of my favourite games would have to be Silent Hill 2, because of how it made me feel when I played the game.

Other notable games would be Tales of Symphonia, The Unfinished Swan - because of what it stands for, Metal Gear Solid and more. (I could go on for a while! XD)
Old November 4th, 2012 (07:02 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

My favourite game is a three-way tie! It's between Grandia, Digimon World and Borderlands 2. Each have flaws such as Grandia's grinding system, Digimon World's infinite number of glitches, and Borderlands 2's petering story line towards the end, but I think these are my top three games of all time. They're very diverse games from each other but I enjoyed each one immensely and they each have countless replay value; but maybe not once you've only just completed the story haha. An honourable mention goes to H.E.D.Z which would be my number one favourite game since it's incredibly intuitive and extremely fun to play, but the huge amount of glitches and bugs ruins that. :p
Old November 4th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Animal Crossing. I have logged so many hours into those games it puts my Pokemon playtime to shame probably.
Old November 4th, 2012 (05:18 PM).
FrankOcean
OFWGKTA ALL DAY

Nature: Naughty
I've played lots of games my time alive, and none have come close to Crash Bandicoot.
That games was so fun for me as a kid, and it still is now. I don't even care if the newest games might be bad, it's Crash!
Old November 4th, 2012 (07:09 PM).
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Especially since the XBLA version that came out last year fixed the few problems I had with the original, Sonic CD wins by far. I don't know why, but this game always has a certain charm to it that always makes me want to go back and play it.

Old November 5th, 2012 (03:25 AM).
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Kingdom hearts. I just love the series and the gameplay.
Old November 5th, 2012 (03:37 AM).
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
I don't have one favourite, but if I was to class several as my favourites then, that'd be: Fable: Lost chapters and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time.
Those are the only game series or games that have ever appealed to me, apart from Pokemon.

I always try to put a lot of effort into playing the Fable series most.

DA||MAL

Old November 5th, 2012 (03:40 AM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Tales of Symphonia! I'm not sure what games come after this one but this game is my favorite game for sure. Despite the fact that I can't call myself a major fan with pride as I have lost that pride I don't think this game will ever not be my favorite.

your emotion will always be
my companion
Old November 5th, 2012 (05:48 AM).
Barney.

Fire Emblem. Specifically Fire Emblem 7, but I love all the games. Something about the game play and the story just grabbed my attention straight away, even from a young age.
My other favourites are probably Advance Wars and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.
Old November 5th, 2012 (09:54 AM).
TheWaffleKiing
Pokemon Lets Player :)

Send a message via Skype™ to TheWaffleKiing
Halo but halo 4 was a huge dissapointment i got it early from gameworld but at the moment its pokemon ruby x
Old November 5th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

WWF No Mercy I spent hours of my childhood with this game but honestly as little kid my favorite game would flip everyday. So for today the one I remember most is WWF No Mercy.

Old November 5th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
This is incredibly hard to choose between. My favourite game would definitely be one of the Zelda games, although there are just so many of them that I love just about equally as much, all with their cons and pros, so choosing between them is just.. AUGH! In any case, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker all lie high up there, probably because they're some of the games I've played the most out of any games I've ever owned, and while I may have lost my ALttP, and though the memory card for my gamecube has somehow broken making me lose all my files for all the others, they'll still remain my favourites :D
Old November 6th, 2012 (08:07 AM).
Blaze42
The Spirit of Chaos

I have a favorite game for different genres, although If I were forced to choose one, it'd be Final Fantasy VI. My favorite series as a whole is Kingdom Hearts.
Old November 8th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

Nature: Calm
Hmmm...I'm not sure, to be honest. The first game that springs to mind is Tales of Symphonia, since it was my introduction to the JRPG genre...well, I'd played FFVII and FFVIII beforehand, but at the time I wasn't really aware they were JRPGs; they were just games I'd played and thought were alright. ToS had an anime-esque style and a far more captivating story and cast of characters, helped in no small part by the voice acting, and I found the battle system more engaging. It just seemed to click with me more than FF did, and encouraged me to try more of the genre.

That said, I'm very fond of Golden Sun. I remember being extremely excited about it, then finally getting it along with a black GBA, and I loved it. The Lost Age was the better, longer game, but the original has particular significance for me; it was just so much fun. Taking on Saturos at Mercury Lighthouse, summoning Thor/Meteor/Judgement for the first time, taking out Deadbeard after slogging through Crossbone Isle, and then finding out that there was going to be more to come...yeah, Golden Sun is a definite competitor for this.
Old November 8th, 2012 (04:58 PM).
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

I just recently started playing them, but the Donkey Kong Country series is absolutely brilliant imo. I'd only played DK64 (which apparently is included in the DKC universe and which I loved) up until my bff irl informed me that the SNES games were available on Virtual Console, and they're really such good games for their time wow. And then...I love Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie. (I can't pick between them okay)

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old November 9th, 2012 (04:21 PM).
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
my favorite is TES Oblivion because faults and all i keep coming back to it since launch. many didnt like the unfair level scaling but im a sucker for a hardcore gaming experience. morrowind was more dense and involved but doesnt have a lasting fun factor as i still have a copy and now get bored of it. skyrim is awesome but freakishly easy and too shallow. i say oblivion is more fun than morrowind and more hardcore than skyrim

a second would be a tie between Dark Souls and GTA San Andreas

Old November 9th, 2012 (07:23 PM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Besides the Pokemon games, I love Sim City 4!!

♪ Metal Fan - Thrash Metal - Folk Metal - Power Metal ♪
Old November 10th, 2012 (04:23 AM). Edited November 10th, 2012 by Lord Varion.
Lord Varion
Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
The most would be; Golden Sun.
All 3 of them were amazing to play, mostly the second one, to me it had original story lines and characters, though the gameplay was much like Final Fantasy, with the battle mode and exploration methods, I mostly like the puzzle parts of it, not many RPG games had that, they just had the occasional, press switch here and there, where as golden sun it was using magic to overcome many obstacles, and at times, it got reeeally hard, and rage making, which is what I loved, hard puzzles.

With puzzles being mentioned, the Portal Series is an all time favorite for me;
Portal 1 was just amazing for me, I love the good all puzzle, logical thinking games, Portal had so much logic required I played it 5 times over, without growing bored, and then what did they do? Portal 2. Just when you think portal is good, they do a sequel with characters, storylines, backstories and actual cutscenes. Portal 2 rocked Portal 1, but they still are equals. I know what you're thinking, ''Hey! Portal 1 had Glados and Chell'' But in my opinion, you don't learn alot about Glados, only she's a evil computer, and Chell well ... she refers herself as ''Subject Name Here''. That's no help.
Old November 10th, 2012 (07:45 AM).
ahmet476
standing around

I think Fable: The Lost Chapters (Fable 1 PC version) is the game I enjoyed most. Therefore, it is my favorite video game.
Old November 14th, 2012 (05:29 AM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Tales of Graces f; I love just about everything to do with this game. Unlike other Tales games Graces has the fastest battle system that is unlike the traditional turn based rpg because it's battle system is more like a fighting game only it's an rpg.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old November 15th, 2012 (03:31 AM).
abnegation
the wild card

I have many favourites, but they tend to range between consoles and PC. Zelda: Minish Cap is one of my favourite ever games, and certainly up there when it comes to the handheld games I enjoy on handheld systems. Same goes for Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. However one of my all time favourite games has to be the Witcher 2. That and Skyrim being released around the same time took up the bulk of my gaming year this year, so they would be my current favourites.

I'll always love the Spyro and Bandicoot games too from PS1. So as I say, it really depends on the genre and console, I have too many favourites.
Old November 15th, 2012 (04:35 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
<insert witty eloquence here>

If I had to choose just one game, it'd probably be Super Smash Bros. Melee for the GameCube. I really like Brawl as well, but I've just spent so many hours of my life on Melee multiplayer, and trying to get all of the trophies. Added to that is the control system being beautiful to work with, the graphics really good for a GameCube game, the characters all being different, and the levels. I wouldn't call many games 'perfect', but this is the closest I've experienced to gaming perfection.

Sponsored Links