The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I'm pretty sure Hamilton is an absolute no-go. It would be an excellent place in theory--Hamilton either already has a big enough stadium or they're excited to build one (forget which) and there are plenty of people who'd go to the game but it's very close to Toronto. I swear I remember reading part of the reason Winnipeg got the Jets back instead of Hamilton getting a team was that Leafs fans would just go to Hamilton for the cheaper games and generally everyone at every game would probably just be from Toronto so it's not much of a home team. Hamilton is probably one of the most successful places they could put an NHL team money-wise but I don't think it would have the "feel" they seem to want.

:( Last time I went to an NHL game was when I was in Edmonton because it's SO expensive in Toronto. I'd really like for Hamilton to get a team so I could at least go to games there, lol.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 26th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
What's this... hockey that you speak of in person really? I do not comprehend!

*never been to a SINGLE NHL game, or even watched one*

And for saying that, I'll probably be deported back to asia for committing treason against Canada.
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
I'm pretty sure Hamilton is an absolute no-go. It would be an excellent place in theory--Hamilton either already has a big enough stadium or they're excited to build one (forget which) and there are plenty of people who'd go to the game but it's very close to Toronto. I swear I remember reading part of the reason Winnipeg got the Jets back instead of Hamilton getting a team was that Leafs fans would just go to Hamilton for the cheaper games and generally everyone at every game would probably just be from Toronto so it's not much of a home team. Hamilton is probably one of the most successful places they could put an NHL team money-wise but I don't think it would have the "feel" they seem to want.

:( Last time I went to an NHL game was when I was in Edmonton because it's SO expensive in Toronto. I'd really like for Hamilton to get a team so I could at least go to games there, lol.
I don't even know the prices for admission to any games, but I know it'd be a lot more than anything I have right now. It is kinda nice to see the Jets back, but now people in Québec want the Nordiques back, from what I've heard.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

It`s totally on topic, for real.
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
You almost forgot Sidney Crosby's Golden Goal at the 2010 Olympics.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I don't even know the prices for admission to any games, but I know it'd be a lot more than anything I have right now. It is kinda nice to see the Jets back, but now people in Québec want the Nordiques back, from what I've heard.
I know that ticket prices for the Canucks are pretty ridiculous, even against the lesser teams of the league. My dad and I were looking to go to a game last year, and the cheapest pair of tickets we could find was $145 for the pair, and they were at the back of the nosebleeds. And the game was against the Columbus Blue Jackets, who were by far the worst team in the league last year. I remember hearing it was like this across the rest of Canada too, as the 7 cities were all in the top 8 for most expensive tickets on average. But I'm sure fans would be willing to shell out their money if a team came back to Quebec (just like they have in Winnipeg), which is why it always baffles me that the NHL tries to get teams like Phoenix to succeed, even though they can't fill the arena when 50% of tickets are given out for free.

In other Canadian news, there was a 7.7 Magnitude earthquake off the coast of BC last night, near the Haida Gwaii/Queen Charlotte Islands (resulted in only minor structural damage and no injuries). I personally found out about it through Twitter, when I saw that #PrayForCanada and #PrayForVancouver were trending worldwide. I was honestly scared, thinking there was some horrible disaster that happened near me, but it just turned out to be Twitter blowing things out of proportion, and not knowing their Canadian geography (the earthquake was more than 800 km away from the city, or the distance between Vancouver and Northern California).

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I know that ticket prices for the Canucks are pretty ridiculous, even against the lesser teams of the league. My dad and I were looking to go to a game last year, and the cheapest pair of tickets we could find was $145 for the pair, and they were at the back of the nosebleeds. And the game was against the Columbus Blue Jackets, who were by far the worst team in the league last year. I'm sure it was like this in Toronto and Montreal, too, as they were all in the top 5 for most expensive tickets on average. But I'm sure fans would be willing to shell out their money if a team came back to Quebec (just like they have in Winnipeg), which is why it always baffles me that the NHL tries to get teams like Phoenix to succeed, even though they can't fill the arena when 50% of tickets are given out for free.
Yeah. The GP Storm tickets start at $50, and front rows go for a few hundred iirc.
Quote:
In other Canadian news, there was a 7.7 Magnitude earthquake off the coast of BC last night, near the Haida Gwaii/Queen Charlotte Islands (resulted in only minor structural damage and no injuries). I personally found out about it through Twitter, when I saw that #PrayForCanada and #PrayForVancouver were trending worldwide. I was honestly scared, thinking there was some horrible disaster that happened near me, but it just turned out to be Twitter blowing things out of proportion, and not knowing their Canadian geography (the earthquake was more than 800 km away from the city, or the distance between Vancouver and Northern California).
I heard about it the next day. Good to hear nobody was hurt.

Old October 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

My Aunt and Uncle in... I think they live in Kelowna right now? They didn't feel the earthquake while they were out to dinner but the light fixtures were shaking noticeably and they thought that was really weird. They assumed there was a dance party or something on the floor above them before they even thought of earthquakes. :P

I think the cheapest Leafs tickets are in the $70 range, but I could be wrong. If you want good seats I think you're looking at maybe $300. It's been a looong time since I last checked, though. This article says the average is about $120 but lol Toronto Sun... they didn't even spell "ticket" right in the URL. Not exactly 5-start journalism. Regardless, it's just way too expensive to see a Leafs game without making a really big occasion out of it. :/

(Also I tried that pulled pork poutine from NYF finally... it was surprisingly good!)

tumblrtwitter

Old October 28th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
My Aunt and Uncle in... I think they live in Kelowna right now? They didn't feel the earthquake while they were out to dinner but the light fixtures were shaking noticeably and they thought that was really weird. They assumed there was a dance party or something on the floor above them before they even thought of earthquakes. :P
Yeah, being really close to the BC border, I didn't feel a thing, but then, we do live quite a fair distance from the epicenter of the quake.
Quote:
I think the cheapest Leafs tickets are in the $70 range, but I could be wrong. If you want good seats I think you're looking at maybe $300. It's been a looong time since I last checked, though. This article says the average is about $120 but lol Toronto Sun... they didn't even spell "ticket" right in the URL. Not exactly 5-start journalism. Regardless, it's just way too expensive to see a Leafs game without making a really big occasion out of it. :/
If the Oilers stay in Edmonton, I wanna go there and see a game someday soon.

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Busy for a few days and the club drops to almost the bottom of the page D:

So we're no American east coast and fortunately we aren't battered as badly... hopes and prayers to our American neighbors D: But how are things in the east coast anyway? Supposedly there's still some crazy strong winds and traffic lights are destroyed even though we're only on the edge of it all.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

If you want to eat the best poutine ever, go to Montreal and head over to La Banquise. It's rated the best poutine in Montreal :D
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I stopped by Montreal but never ate poutine there x_x; well I was only there for a day with a tourist group but still D: never got a chance to run into any place with poutine.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I've never been in Montréal myself, but I hope to go sometime soon.

Old November 4th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

My parents brought me to Montreal when I was a baby and I haven't been back since. :( Been to a few other places in Quebec but never there.

Hurricane was just fine where I am. We weren't really near its path, though, which I think headed up between Toronto and Ottawa? Power on campus went out on the Tuesday for a few hours but Hydro was saying it was unrelated to the storm haha. Wasn't even much of a storm, either, just really windy, rained a bit overnight, and was kinda windy and cold again the next day. Pretty much the same as the last two weeks anyway.

Scarf and winter jacket weather has finally started here in Southwestern Ontario though. :( Was below zero while I was out today.

tumblrtwitter

Old November 5th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Destructor
Unhatched Egg

Username: Destructor
Relation to Canada: I've lived here my whole life in the same silly city.
Favorite Province: Nova Scotia
Reason for Joining: I love Canada <3. I love it far more than the US. I've spent my entire life in Nova Scotia, and as much as I'd kill to move to another province, I do love it here so much. I'd love to be the first person who currently lives in Nova Scotia to be a member here.
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nova Scotia, I never been there. I would like to see how it is over there.
Is it mostly nature everywhere?
Because here in Montreal is all buildings, buildings and more buildings. You gotta get out of the city to see some nature! @_@
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructor View Post
Username: Destructor
Relation to Canada: I've lived here my whole life in the same silly city.
Reason for Joining: I love Canada <3. I love it far more than the US. I've spent my entire life in Nova Scotia, and as much as I'd kill to move to another province, I do love it here so much. I'd love to be the first person who currently lives in Nova Scotia to be a member here.
Nova Scotia! <3

I love the conveniences of Southern Ontario but I think if I had to pick another province to live in, it would be Nova Scotia. It's just so beautiful. I still really miss it and I moved away over a decade ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Nova Scotia, I never been there. I would like to see how it is over there.
Is it mostly nature everywhere?
Because here in Montreal is all buildings, buildings and more buildings. You gotta get out of the city to see some nature! @_@
Well, any city will have lots of buildings but I imagine you don't have to go nearly as far to hit "nature" in NS. Even as the biggest city, Halifax isn't very big. I have fonder memories of Nova Scotia under all weather conditions than any other province so if nature's what you want, you'd probably love it.

Cape Breton is so pretty in autumn when the leaves are changing. *u*

tumblrtwitter

Old November 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

The atlantic provinces are probably all good places to stay in if you can handle the "small city boredom." If that's not an issue for you though, then certainly I imagine that the place being so close to nature and the ocean will make it pretty neat.
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Destructor
Unhatched Egg

I actually live in Cape Breton, Lightning. It is indeed lovely here, but I'd love to move to Ontario.
Old November 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Scarf and winter jacket weather has finally started here in Southwestern Ontario though. :( Was below zero while I was out today.
We recently had some -20 weather. It's back to the freezing point now, though.
Quote:
Cape Breton is so pretty in autumn when the leaves are changing. *u*
That's one thing I have to see in my lifetime. js

Old November 7th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
We recently had some -20 weather. It's back to the freezing point now, though.
I think I'd rather have that sort of weather than what we get here on the west coast (2 degrees and rain basically all winter). I was actually in Calgary last year for the Heritage Classic outdoor game between the Calgary Flames and Montreal Canadiens, and with windchill it dropped to around -30 degrees in the stadium and I had no problem with it. I just can't stand all the rain and it getting dark at 4:00, it's almost depressing.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I don't think that the getting to dark at 4:00 (it's dark by 5 for us atm) is affected by weather... XD;

It's not an appropriate Canadian club without one of these as pictures: Hello Edmontonian Snowstorm!

The road to university campus got so wrecked (cars/buses collision or getting stuck everywhere) that the road was closed and people had to get out of their vehicles and pull off a mass exodus to walk up the hill in the snow.
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

We just had some snow fall. Nothing excessive. It's much lighter though, I was heading home, and the sun was facing me, and I saw all this sparkly and shiny snow. It was really pretty in the orange evening sunlight. @__@

Old November 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Username: ShinySearcher01 (Call me Eric)
Relation to Canada: Born and lived in Ottawa all my life

I've been to Ontario, Alberta, BC, Quebec, PEI, and Nova Scotia, and I have to say my favorite is NS. Ocean yeahhh

I'm a huge sports fan, and the NHL lockout (Senators fan woot) is giving me absolutely nothing to do every 2 nights. :( Other than that I watch the CFL. Montreal Allouettes YAY

Prices for hockey tickets here go down to $30 at the absolute cheapest, and the most expensive ones are around $300.
Quote:
I... actually don't like either of those! I'm not a fan of cheese which is why poutine is almost always a miss for me (although occasionally I'm good with it). Also don't like ham or smoked foods so... ;_;
OMG WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ASDFGHJKL j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Welcome all new members! :3

I love Canadian candy sooo much. xD Especially all the stuff that you can't get here in the states, like Aero and Caramilk. They're my two favorite candies, and you can't even get them here, which is why I get like a Jumbo Sized pack every time I go up to see family in Ontario.
You can't get Aero in the USA? Why do I not know this ;;
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
I'm a huge sports fan, and the NHL lockout (Senators fan woot) is giving me absolutely nothing to do every 2 nights. :( Other than that I watch the CFL. Montreal Allouettes YAY
I am so sad for the lockout myself. I really hope it ends soon ;___;
Quote:
You can't get Aero in the USA? Why do I not know this ;;
One reason we're awesome ;D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links