The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
_Infernape_
Beginning Trainer

Is this hack finished? jw. Imma start playing it anyways :d it looks good
Old July 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Infernape_ View Post
Is this hack finished? jw. Imma start playing it anyways :d it looks good
Yep, it's 100% edited. I aimed to get it out once it had been fully completed as opposed to releasing it part by part in Betas.

Old July 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
xTheAndyx
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
this hack is amazing!! I've only started, and I'm having a ton of fun. One thing i noticed in the (maybe) hour i've played: chimchar learns thief at level 15, but he evolves at level 14, and monferno learns mach punch at 14. I'm not worried, because i also have turtwig, but was that supposed to happen?
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheAndyx View Post
this hack is amazing!! I've only started, and I'm having a ton of fun. One thing i noticed in the (maybe) hour i've played: chimchar learns thief at level 15, but he evolves at level 14, and monferno learns mach punch at 14. I'm not worried, because i also have turtwig, but was that supposed to happen?
I assumed Chimchar evolved at level 16 which is probably me getting confused with Charmander so thanks for pointing that out, but yeah it's intended to learn Thief at Level 15 as there are several items that you can "Thief" from Pokemon such as Evolutionary Stones, Lucky Eggs etc. Also, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
lol Pure Power Kingler, Levitate Starmie? new metagame incoming. (Why u no give magnemite levitate? IT FLOATS TOO)

(esp. kingler, it now has attack stats higher than that of Deoxys-A, a legendary with the highest Atk stat in the game. Cant fathom a seacrab having more attack power than a powerful forme-shifting alien lifeform)

jokes aside, great to see a flurry of new hacks coming from u

Last edited by manutdrule; July 22nd, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
KtTuLu
P-a-t-t-y-w-a-c-k-e-r

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to KtTuLu
You know, I literally just spent the last week editing all the trainers in Platinum to give myself a challenge when playing it, as I have already played every D/P/PT hack on here.
I finished playing the platinum I had edited myself, but it was rather boring as I already knew all the teams of every person
I figured I'd come back to this section and download Bloody Platinum or another one of those that I already played, but came across this thread
I am insanely excited to play this

Old July 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hmmmm got it worked on my DsEmu but why on earth is it playing so slow....!!!
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:43 AM
_Infernape_
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if its the rom, the emulator or the emu set up but I started the game and I passed the first gym. So I took a lil break and when I came back and started the game it showed a blue message after the giratina intro. It says A communication error has occurred and saying if I was in a union room I will be returned there (I did not go to a union room) and then it says In other cases you ewill be returned to wherever you last saved it says to Press A but when I press A the screen turns white and nothing happens after that any help? Im using No$Zoomer Btw

Last edited by _Infernape_; July 26th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
tifaluv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7zKLkQohoo

started a boss playthrough on it
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM
fallkitten
Running in the Shadows

Nature: Brave
I love this hack so much+___+ohmygosh+__+ I finally caught a torchic and squirtle+__+Yay! You're brilliant! Thank you so much for creating this hack+__+
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:28 AM
KtTuLu
P-a-t-t-y-w-a-c-k-e-r

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to KtTuLu
so I'm at the 5th gym
it's an awesome hack so far, I haven't had any problems with it except one (kind of)

it's no big deal, but I figured I'd just post it here nonetheless
I have an Altaria, it's at level 41 now
But ever since I evolved it from Swablu, it's been learning really weird moves on level up, and it's every level
Example:
At level 36 iirc, it tried to learn frenzy plant
at level 37, it tried to learn mud shot
At level 39, it tried to learn low kick
and just now, at level 42, it tried to learn signal beam, 4 times in a row
It tried to learn it, I said keep new moves, then repeat 4x times, which was weird
I just opened the rom in PPRE and checked Altaria's moves, and everything is normal in there, so it's pretty weird

Anyway, like I said, great hack
Just figured I'd let you know

Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Cybermew
Lazy Actor.....

Are there any additional Dawn Stones in the game, or just the ones you'd find normally?
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermew View Post
Are there any additional Dawn Stones in the game, or just the ones you'd find normally?
Nah, I found that the amount currently is a fair amount.

Old September 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM
tifaluv

A level 28 fully evolved Pokemon that knows nothing but late game moves right after the 2nd gym? That's not balance, that's just outright telling people "grind or lose." no amount of strategy can get past that unless you grind, which sucks I hate when games force you to grind
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:53 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
or just simply solo the game with only 1 or 2 pokemon. I find thats the best way to get through all of suicune's hack without having to over grind or cheat for rare candies.

Plus there are some changes made to certain pokemon that makes them completely overpowered now. see my previous post here above...

Old September 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Slash1191
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, new to this forum. One question - I'm pretty sure I've patched the game correctly (It works on No$GBA) however, I've tried putting it onto my AceKard2i and all I get is a white screen when I try to load the rom. I'm really keen to play the game on my DS, although as the hack looks that friggen awesome I WILL play it on my PC regardless, but does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash1191 View Post
Hey guys, new to this forum. One question - I'm pretty sure I've patched the game correctly (It works on No$GBA) however, I've tried putting it onto my AceKard2i and all I get is a white screen when I try to load the rom. I'm really keen to play the game on my DS, although as the hack looks that friggen awesome I WILL play it on my PC regardless, but does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?
Make sure the ROM is a clean Platinum ROM (US).

Old November 4th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
In this hack the starter are edited?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Last edited by Hacker Bisharp; November 4th, 2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

I'm pretty sure the Starters are Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup like in the vanilla Pokemon Platinum, but I haven't really played the game...
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
I'm pretty sure the Starters are Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup like in the vanilla Pokemon Platinum, but I haven't really played the game...
Now i am playing and yes, the starter are piplup, turtwig and chimchar

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old November 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Now i am playing and yes, the starter are piplup, turtwig and chimchar :)
I was thinking of editing them but it suits the starters as they are; you can still capture the others throughout the game.

Old November 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
JackOfPKMNMoPofNone
Unhatched Egg

Looking forward to starting this tonight. Pure Power Kingler... I won't hesitate to use it as my Surf Pokemon now!

Hopefully the Elite Four is not as ridiculous as BP.
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfPKMNMoPofNone View Post
Looking forward to starting this tonight. Pure Power Kingler... I won't hesitate to use it as my Surf Pokemon now!

Hopefully the Elite Four is not as ridiculous as BP.
Yeah, the E4 use reasonable Pokemon tailored to their specialty in typing but the levels are quite high

Old December 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
FBKing
Unhatched Egg

Hey, if anyone still checks this, I have been playing the Rom (recording it for youtube, if anyone is interested) and I am trying to use Machoke in my team. So far it is level 50 and it still wont evolve. There is no information on it in the documents. Do I have to increase it's happiness or get a new item to evolve it or something?
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBKing View Post
Hey, if anyone still checks this, I have been playing the Rom (recording it for youtube, if anyone is interested) and I am trying to use Machoke in my team. So far it is level 50 and it still wont evolve. There is no information on it in the documents. Do I have to increase it's happiness or get a new item to evolve it or something?
Unfortunately, due to some reason that I can't explain no matter how many times I've edit Machoke's evolution it just won't evolve at the specified level. I tried figuring out a way around this but at the moment it can't be fixed.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links