Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Yo. Pretty sure a lot/some of you guys have heard of this before. And I wanted to start a topic about it, for you to post your thoughts or opinions on this if you think it's true or not. For those of you who don't know, go to this link:
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/La..._Town_Syndrome

That should explain basically everything you need to know in a few short paragraphs.

Here's the ORIGINAL sound track of the Japanese Pokemon Red and Green version before they edited it to fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOad...layer_embedded

Last edited by SamuJake; October 25th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
That link goes to a video about taking pictures of black people...so I'm editing that out. It might offend someone here, and the comments are...yeah. :|

paired to crono
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:40 PM
SamuJake

Oh, oops haha. That was a prank video I was watching earlier, guess it didn't copy the URL. I got the correct link now.
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
bugsy555

Didnt know about this. Not sure what to think of it. weird

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Sephirothxx
Pre-ordered Omega Ruby <3 I'll finally be up to date with Pokemon.

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah I read about that a few years back. To my knowledge it's not true. It's a creepypasta. You can test it for yourself via a Green version rom or a jap red version rom. I took a moment to test it out when I did a playthrough of green and I sat there for a very long time, even holding down the speed button. No suicide inducing sound of any sort.
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
The original music was edited because the higher-pitched noises induced headaches. But all the suicide mumbo-jumbo is made-up, and all it serves as is creepypasta fodder. The reason why the Lavender Town music may freak people out even more now than it did before is all thanks to the self-fulfilling prophecy.
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
SamuJake

The more I look into it the less it seems real. I did listen to the original soundtrack and either pure coincidence or it is the high pitch, but it gives me a bit of a headache.
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothxx View Post
Yeah I read about that a few years back. To my knowledge it's not true. It's a creepypasta. You can test it for yourself via a Green version rom or a jap red version rom. I took a moment to test it out when I did a playthrough of green and I sat there for a very long time, even holding down the speed button. No suicide inducing sound of any sort.
You have to hear it with headphones I think.
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:49 AM
FrozenPhoenix96
Show me your power!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenPhoenix96
About the huge pain in the head is true.
But the suicides... That's CreepyPasta.
CreepyPasta is always basing some scary info with some truths, but only based at some truths.
Most of the parts of the stories from CreepyPasta are fake and not real.

FriendCode: 3139-3194-4225
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM
The Poke' Kid
The Average Trainer

Nature: Calm
Honestly I think this stuff about lavender town is full of crap but I guess when your around a young age you belive anything. Scratch that after I the articles I'm creeped out

Last edited by The Poke' Kid; October 28th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
TheCrimson102
Charizard

Haha most people have said that yes, it is fake I believe the headache art but not the suicides or the deaths. Some children may have been hurt though because of the mild headaches. But even the headaches were caused by hours of usage with headphones on.
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Correspondence

I had heard that some children had side effects after hearing the Lavender town music but i didn't think it had a suicide inducing sort of effect.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

Nature: Relaxed
It gives me a headache when I listen to it with headphones. I'm glad they removed it.
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
i've been reading creepypasta for years now. this syndrome only works with headphones and underdeveloped hearing. even then, it only caused headaches and slight nausea, maybe a little nosebleed. this only happened to a few kids, they were hospitalized, but they were only trying to make sure it wasn't serious. and it wasn't.

still, its a very frightening exaggeration, and creepypasta is very entertaining. this one wasn't necessarily false, but it was greatly exaggerated.

i've been reading creepypasta for years now. this syndrome only works with headphones and underdeveloped hearing. even then, it only caused headaches and slight nausea, maybe a little nosebleed. this only happened to a few kids, they were hospitalized, but they were only trying to make sure it wasn't serious. and it wasn't.

still, its a very frightening exaggeration, and creepypasta is very entertaining. this one wasn't necessarily false, but it was greatly exaggerated.
-I/II gen are the only great gens; things get pretty ridiculous after that.
-gen I/II have the best Pokemon and stories, by far!
-All of these weird Poke's and typings in III/IV/V are unrealistic and don't look appealing!
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR

Last edited by Stodd; November 5th, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:13 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

Oh please! Don't mention it!

You are starting to creep me out by posting this thread.
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
HarrisonH
I doubt Pokemon will be a hit

Yeah, it's not a real thing. No mention of it exists prior to 2010, while the differences in the sound was being discussed in 2009. It's nothing but a creepypasta with no basis in reality, and nothing more.

There are also no mentions of children getting headaches or any side effects from it before this time, with no sources provided of any of the claims. All are simply anecdotes and "I remember..." but with no actual sources provided, they can (and should) be taken with a grain of salt.
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
yeah harrisonH, that sounds about right. after more research, dates and side effects were very inconsistent. that is probably a sign of falsehood. some may argue that headaches or some minor side effect were true, but i mean c'mon, who WOULDNT get a headache listening to that

still though. very entertaining story. most poke creepypasta is.
-I/II gen are the only great gens; things get pretty ridiculous after that.
-gen I/II have the best Pokemon and stories, by far!
-All of these weird Poke's and typings in III/IV/V are unrealistic and don't look appealing!
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Nature: Calm
Nah, this is complete rubbish. Creepypasta is exactly what it sounds like; An easily copy-and-pasteable story written to be creepy. This one in particular has been around for ages in some form, and without fail, every single one I've seen incorporates this little chunk (with a few alterations (pictures of ghosts rather than Unowns etc.)) :
Quote:
One video appeared in 2010 using ”special software" to analyze the audio of Lavender Town's music. When played, the software created images of the Unown near the end of the audio.
The "special software" mentioned is known as a spectral analyzer. Put simply, it creates a graph of any piece of audio, with x being time and y being the frequency (Hertz). This is what a typical spectral graph looks like:
Spoiler:

You can see that this particular piece of audio goes for >5 minutes, with the frequencies extending up above 20kHz (which suggests that there are some artifacts in the file; a correctly-mastered track shouldn't go above 19kHz usually).
If there were really "images of the Unown/ghosts" in Lavender Town's spectrum, it would sound absolutely terrible and not like music at all (not to mention the fact that the Game Boy literally didn't have the technology to accomplish something like that).

So, this particular part of the pasta is debunked, which throws the rest of it into doubt.
It's all in the Music.

The Music

Pendulum - The Terminal
Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
Netsky - Love Has Gone

The Projects

Unnamed DnB project
Composition for rehearsals

The Inspiration

Pendulum
Blackmill
Enter Shikari

Old November 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
In short, a Creepypasta is a short story that is posted on the internet that is designed to unnerve and shock the reader. This wiki is primarily a database of various Creepypasta. The goal is to have a fairly well stocked library of Creepypasta, including very obscure and rarely posted, to user created original content.
- Creepypasta Wiki

Following this line of thinking, I do not believe this hole story is true.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:46 PM
ISOMETRICITY
Unhatched Egg

I listened to it myself, the whole thing. It gave me a raging headache and made me a little irritable (I think probably part of the headache), but nothing as far as suicidal thoughts.
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I like that picture Englishmilkshake, it made me lol a bit
Anyways high pitch noises and voices does give me headaches from time to time and this one did give me a headache also, but I don't believe that someone will kill themselves over this, maybe a serve headache or a mild headache (kind of like what I have now)

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:41 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

The pokemon red/blue music is better, That just looks like the music from a early prototype

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Feebas
Unevolved

Nature: Lonely
No doubt, the original music is quite creepy. I listened with headphones once and it gave me a mild headache.

Old November 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM
johnnyman

I find this ironic yet funny as CreepyPasta tries to make people scared using Pokemon.

To take this test, click here.

To take the old test, click here.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Jordanrocks
Unhatched Egg

I have yet to see if gain any of the said symptoms but I would highly dought that this would cause suicide and plus this is just a Creepy Pasta after all said.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here