Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Kerikulon
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Well I have successfully played through the entirety johto and almost all of kanto. so i can take any questions about them. I also have a few strange things I've encountered. For instance, the first rival battle at the beginning of the game didn't happen; when i returned after getting the egg, ??? would run up to me, and then have no dialogue. and, humorously enough, if i walked again on one of the two activation spots for him, he would then sprint down into the trees. He would do this every time i walked on one of the activation spots. Amusing, but i guess this happened because i evolved my totodile before the battle, so i didn't have a starter in my party for him to base his choice off of. Just a guess, because later i got the cindaquil from the man in the ocean and walked back home from cherrygrove, and he triggered with dialogue and a totodile despite me having picked totodile at the start. after this battle, surfing became bugged and the "riding pokemon" sprite disappeared and you could never go on dry land again. All other rival battles were fine, and were based on my initial starter choice. I'm guessing the script for the first fight was based not off my choice but what i had in my party, a reasonable assumption on the part of the developer but it makes for this weird consequence.

My second question, is how do i get to the seafoam islands. I have done the rest of kanto, have 15 badges, have triggered the team saturn event at the kanto radio tower, and I have no idea what i'm supposed to do. I can reach cinnabar island but the option to fly there never opens up, and I can't get to the other side, so I'm confused as the rubble south of fuchsia is uncleared by this time, unlike the original gold, silver, and crystal versions.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
This is correct if kept true to the original. In fact, a guy doesn't let you continue along the path until you get the item he dropped. After all that, he doesn't want it any longer.

Cyclone
The policeman moves after you complete the Ho-oH event in Ecruteak city. Also HM Waterfall is inside Ice Cave
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Actually its called Ice Path
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Centralizer
Unhatched Egg

Is a TM for bullet seed obtainable as of now?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Kerikulon
Unhatched Egg

As far as I am aware the TMs are only the johto 2nd gen TMs, so no, no bullet seed
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:15 PM
alienhunterx

But I got a strange hunch that Bullet seed is available in LC.. Do correct me if I was wrong
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
The gym is not available bro. Only 1 gym and 2 islands of orange islands are available..

Fly is given to you by Chuck's wife outside Cianwood gym when you beat him. As for Waterfall I think Clair or Lance gives you.
Appreciate all the help in here thus far.
On another note, still no luck getting a Houndour. I took screenshots of the floors of Mt. Mortar, can you tell me which one I should be looking for it in specifically?

1: puu.sh/1mXW1

2: puu.sh/1mXXA

3: puu.sh/1mXYZ

4: puu.sh/1mY08

5: puu.sh/1mY0B

Is it supposed to be super rare or only available during night time or something?
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktormizer View Post
On another note, still no luck getting a Houndour. I took screenshots of the floors of Mt. Mortar, can you tell me which one I should be looking for it in specifically?

Is it supposed to be super rare or only available during night time or something?
Is it found there? The original Crystal only had Houndour on Route 7, and only at night (this was maintained in G/S and HG/SS as well; see here).

I know hacks can be different, so if it's added at Mt. Mortar, I won't be of much help.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 5th, 2012, 11:09 PM
TylerMcK
Unhatched Egg

Just so you all know, I have read forums and others like this, but I couldn't seem to find a good answer. So, I have found all of the nescessary flutes. Problems is, I cannot get the pedastales to stand up. I am playing on 3.2, so is it not suppsoed to happen? Also, where can I find the Cave of Wisdom? Also, I am currently fighting people and I am not getting exp, but I cannot enter the "2nd" crystal cave. Is that supposed to happen? If anyone can answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by TylerMcK; November 5th, 2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: I forgot the mention that I know that you're not supposed to be getting exp in that part of the story line.
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:30 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:

1: puu.sh/1mXW1

2: puu.sh/1mXXA

3: puu.sh/1mXYZ

4: puu.sh/1mY08

5: puu.sh/1mY0B

So you had no luck still. Sorry to hear that. Try to come inside the Mountain at night time.
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Viktormizer
Unhatched Egg

I encountered a Marill only twice in all of the times I've been in Mt. Mortar so I'm gonna assume Houndour is just as rare.
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
I'm not sure if Houndour can be found in Mt. Mortar, but I can tell you that time of the day makes no difference to the Pokémon which appear.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
I'm not sure if Houndour can be found in Mt. Mortar, but I can tell you that time of the day makes no difference to the Pokémon which appear.
Is this because the map tool cant add pokemon that appear at night?
If yeah can you somehow change this or the only way is to wait the creator of the tool to update it...
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
That would make sense, then. If Houndour does not appear in Route 7, that would be why and give reason for appearing at Mt. Mortar.

I tried to take a peek, but AdvanceMap didn't open it. Not sure what opens Fire Red hacks.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
TylerMcK
Unhatched Egg

Can anyone answer my questions? Just so you all know, I have read forums and others like this, but I couldn't seem to find a good answer. So, I have found all of the nescessary flutes. Problems is, I cannot get the pedastales to stand up. I am playing on 3.2, so is it not suppsoed to happen? Also, where can I find the Cave of Wisdom? Also, I am currently fighting people and I am not getting exp, but I cannot enter the "2nd" crystal cave. Is that supposed to happen? If anyone can answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Kerikulon
Unhatched Egg

I still can't find out how to get to the seafoam islands...
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerikulon View Post
I still can't find out how to get to the seafoam islands...
Have you tried to beat Team Static on Cinnaber?
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Why cant AdvanceMap open this hack
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Why cant AdvanceMap open this hack
Because it's probably header locked.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Indeed.

Note to self: if I ever move to this hack to write a walkthrough someday, ask for an unlocked copy...

Cyclone

Old November 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Indeed.

Note to self: if I ever move to this hack to write a walkthrough someday, ask for an unlocked copy...

Cyclone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
LC isn't header locked, I just checked that. You DO need a special INI for A-Map to be able to read LC correctly, since it has had the number of map names extended on top of various other little hacks.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
LC isn't header locked, I just checked that. You DO need a special INI for A-Map to be able to read LC correctly, since it has had the number of map names extended on top of various other little hacks.
That explains it. It'd be easier to answer "Where is Somethingmon found?" questions by just peeking in there. :D

Cyclone

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

0.o okay id love to open this hack with amap someday
Old November 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Drakasshadow
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Docile
Quote:
I encountered a Marill only twice in all of the times I've been in Mt. Mortar so I'm gonna assume Houndour is just as rare.
Houndour is on route 7 I just check with A-Map on it
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
@Jambo: Oh yeah, you are right... it bugs with 1.95 AM, it works with 1.92, though.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here