The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Nes-One
Another Person Into Pokemon

Nature: Quiet
I'm guessing there are a lot of people are here that have watched the Pokemon anime and probably read the Pokemon adventures manga. But, like what other animes and manga that you guys like to watch and keep up on. I have a list of manga/anime that I try to keep up on myself like Beelzelbub, Initial D, Cage of Eden, etc.

White 2 FC: 4084 3694 5593
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Well. Personally I LOVEE Bakuman. I've read the manga (bought it too) and watched the anime. It's the best thing I have ever come across. Hikaru no Go would be my other favorite.

The ones I'm watching now are Bakuman 3, Magi (my favorite new anime), BTOOOM!, Psycho-pass, Tonari, Zetsuen no Tempest, Polar Bear Cafe and Sukitte Ii na yo.
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Nes-One

I actually really like the Magi manga, I would've started watching magi from when it first aired but I actually want to let a few episodes pile up so I can watch it all at one. I really don't like watching 1 episode and having to wait a week for the next one.

Old November 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nes-One View Post
I actually really like the Magi manga, I would've started watching magi from when it first aired but I actually want to let a few episodes pile up so I can watch it all at one. I really don't like watching 1 episode and having to wait a week for the next one.
I know that feel. I was watching Best Wishes (which always get dubbed extremely late) and when the anime starts getting good... it turns out the next episode isn't subbed yet.
Pokemon subbers, why does it take you 3 weeks to sub one episode?!
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
Well when i was younger i LOVED Naruto I mean i knew all the characters names how to prenounce them, owned the cards, watched it every week, but when shippuden started i stopped liking it as much until about a month ago i found anime freak and started watching it all again. I also want to start watching one piece and cowboy bebop. One question i sort of remeber an anime about some really tan dude that used his nose hair to fight people and when i ask my friends they watch a TON of anime but never heard of anything like it so i ask you anime community was this real or am i going crazy?
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Nes-One

It's a little frustrating when they don't update a manga for more than a month with the next chapter and that's literally happened to me when I was reading Cage Of Eden, right when everything is suspenseful I reach the end of the chapter. It's such a drag.

Old November 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Especially when a chapter is only around 20 pages long. It's way to short to satisfy anything.

Quote:
One question i sort of remeber an anime about some really tan dude that used his nose hair to fight people and when i ask my friends they watch a TON of anime but never heard of anything like it so i ask you anime community was this real or am i going crazy?
What...? Nose hair?
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
I think it was called bobabobababo or something.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Nes-One

I used to watch that anime when it used to show on cartoon network on saturday nights, it's probably the most random anime I've watched next to Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu.

Old November 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Too many to list so I'll just say I'm watching these and reading those.

Enjoying the Gintama and Hidamri Sketch sequels most. BTOOOM! and Busou Shinki aren't good at all but meh, I like them.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:13 AM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
Too many to list so I'll just say I'm watching these and reading those.

Enjoying the Gintama and Hidamri Sketch sequels most. BTOOOM! and Busou Shinki aren't good at all but meh, I like them.
What a nice theme. I think so too. BTOOOM! is just too unoriginal.
There have been too many Battle royales the past year (maybe more). The only ones I can think of now is Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland but I'm sure I've watched more than that...
At first it's cool and all, but it starts getting boring after a while.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
I only try to keep up on my favourite ones or the ones I'm currently watching. The ones I'm currently into at the moment are Nakamura Shingiku's series (Junjou romantica, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi), Kuroko no Basket, K Project and Kill me baby.

Manga series... pretty much the same. Re-reading and keeping up with Nakamura's a long with Black Butler, Love Stage and Super Lovers!.

I wanted to keep on/ or up-to-date with future releases of other anime series too, like Hetalia, Seitokai no ichizon etc.

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Last edited by Galukxy; November 5th, 2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
For Animes, I am currently watching Sword Art Online and SKET Dance. I like funny animes and preferably slice of life, comedy, high school and all that funny stuff. That's why I love Daily Lives of High School Boys and one called Seitokai Yakuindomo, despite the latter being extremely disgusting/sexual themed, but very funny.

As for manga, I don't really read them.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Not really watching any anime right now except for a few eps of best wishes, because I'm rather busy at school. Last anime I finished was Gundam Age, an interesting concept but because of the "3 generations" thing it somehow seems fastforwarded a bit, we never got a chance to know the other characters better.
Trying to make progress in the anime Battle spirits sword eyes. Seems a lot better than the previous BS series, Heroes, which I did not bother finishing.
As for other anime, a bunch of gundam, shakugan no shana 1/2/3, Tiger and Bunny.

Last manga I read except from special? volume 5 of Gundam ecole du ciel I picked up from boosale ( I don't even have the other volumes!)
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapincher View Post
What a nice theme. I think so too. BTOOOM! is just too unoriginal.
There have been too many Battle royales the past year (maybe more). The only ones I can think of now is Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland but I'm sure I've watched more than that...
At first it's cool and all, but it starts getting boring after a while.

BTOOOM! really is a carbon copy of Battle Royale. Well I say carbon copy but BTOOOM! has awful characters.
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Magic

Currently I'm watching:

Sword Art: Online, Ixion Saga DT, Magi, Naruto, Fairy Tail and... whatever else to fill my time .
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
BTOOOM! really is a carbon copy of Battle Royale. Well I say carbon copy but BTOOOM! has awful characters.
The characters sorta reminded me of Death Note. heh (Light and Misa). But I completely forgot that they had to do the same thing in BR and escaped together in the end. (which would probably happen in BTOOOM too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Currently I'm watching:

Sword Art: Online, Ixion Saga DT, Magi, Naruto, Fairy Tail and... whatever else to fill my time .
I love Magi. It fills me with happiness every time I watch it.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Nes-One

Trapincher, a new chapter of the Magi manga came out yesterday, if you're into the manga.

Old November 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Nature: Relaxed
Manga: Absoulte Girlfriend, Hikaru No Go, My Boyfriend Is a Vampire, Lucky Star, Beck and Lucky Star Pocket Travelers.

Anime: Lucky Star, Honey Clover, One Piece, Case Closed, Beck, and Prince of Tennis

Old November 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Quote:
Trapincher, a new chapter of the Magi manga came out yesterday, if you're into the manga.
Hmm..I'll try to read it tomorrow, since I have a day off from school.
The only Mangas I've read were Bakuman, Bloody Monday, Beck, Kuroko's Basket and KHR.
It's so much harder to get into mangas (even though they're usually so good).
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

The animes I'm watching right now are
Pokemon
Digimon
Naruto
Dragonball
Yugioh

And these other cartoons:
Spiderman
Justice League
X-Men
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Nes-One

I personally just like reading manga more than anime, it fits with my schedule better since I'm in college. I just seem to get more of a laugh out of reading the chapters than watching anime. Which is exactly what happened when I read Beelzebub and saw the anime of it, the only anime that I prefer over the manga version, is Initial D since the chapters are like 10 pages at most. And I'm waiting and trying to find a way to watch the first two episodes of its new season that airs this Saturday in Japan.

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Quote:
I personally just like reading manga more than anime, it fits with my schedule better since I'm in college. I just seem to get more of a laugh out of reading the chapters than watching anime. Which is exactly what happened when I read Beelzebub and saw the anime of it, the only anime that I prefer over the manga version, is Initial D since the chapters are like 10 pages at most. And I'm waiting and trying to find a way to watch the first two episodes of its new season that airs this Saturday in Japan.
I love reading manga for the artwork. Bakuman has amazing artwork and I actually prefer it over than the anime. The anime is actually really well done and follows the manga so I can't complain about that.
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Lately I just finished watching Highschool of the Dead and I'm in the middle of Excel Saga and Robotics;Notes. I'm always behind on anime so I always have some old popular anime to watch to catch up with, but I'm trying now to pick up at least one new anime every season because that way I won't be SO behind lmao.
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I'm currently in the process of watching the Unova Seasons of Pokemon. I'm actually watching it dubbed because it makes it easy for me to do something else while watching it (like playing Pokemon) and I don't miss something if I look away for a moment. Also need to see about watching some more Sword Art Online but that's basically it when it comes to Anime.

Manga I'm always in the process of reading Detective Conan. Actually need to go and see about reading the latest chapter. Also I need to catch up on Naruto as well as read more of Pandora Hearts, but that's basically it when it comes to Manga as well. Anime and Manga aren't something that I pick up new things for often these days I guess.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links