The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Good God, pretty much all of the music in those games was good, I consider my childhood to have been spoiled because it was so good, definitely the best in the series (in my opinion, of course). But, I'd probably say that my favorite themes were the RBGY Gym Leader Theme and Red/Lance Battle Theme in GSC. They really drove the emotion and magnitude of the battles, and that made the games more exciting and more enjoyable.
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs_will_monoxide View Post
lavender town all the way, and Ruins of Alph
You evil, horrid person. :D Nah just kidding.

I loved the Bike theme in gen 1, route 42 theme, route 27 theme, champion theme from red, gym leader theme from red, the eusine theme from crystal, Buena's Password is the most ass-kickenest song on the radio in crystal, lucky number show theme, wild battle theme from gold, suicune theme from crystal, new bark town, slowpoke well, team rocket battle theme and overworld theme, and I kinda like the song that plays in their mahogany base. Pretty sure that's everything, or most of it. Oh, and the rival theme, overworld and battle in gold.
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Tman109ner

By far, my absolute favorite is Champion Lance's/Pkmn Trainer Red's Theme.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Undeadscene
" We should kill them all... "

For me obviously is the Red/Lance theme, that theme gives me adrenaline and is the most cool theme of the games for me :D
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
I just love Lavander town theme music. Is one of my favorites songs of all pokemon generations.
Other than that, I don't remember most of G/S/C soundtrack so I can't say much about this.

Last edited by Mononoke Hime; December 4th, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old December 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It's way too hard for me to pick one favourite from the two first generations. The best I can do is mention a few of my top favourites which include the credits music from R/B/Y/G/S/C, the Goldenrod City theme and the battling Red/Lance theme. They all hold so much nostalgia for me, I could listen to them for hours.
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
The bike theme of R/B/Y. I might some more others, but can't remember them, but the bike theme is the only one that I can remember liking the most.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:52 PM
KitsuneLugia96
Trainer Silver

In my opinion the G/S/C soundtrack was the best. Most of the music was awesome. I love almost every song! And my favorite song of all time is the Ecruteak City/ Cianwood City song. I spent hours in Ecruteak just listening to that song when I was younger. :D

POKEMON SILVER SHADOWS
Pokemon Hack Series - Silver's Journeys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADnU40NuYw&feature=plcp
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I don't remember many songs from the first two generation eras of Pokemon games because it was so long ago. My favorite music from both generations is RBYG Surfing theme song, I don't know why I like it.....I just do =/

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
You've done everything. You're exploring the final place the game has to offer. You climb up, up, further up. Suddenly, you come to a plateau. There stands one person. You approach him and the music cuts out. All is silent. He turns, and as you prepare to battle, this begins to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ixY6Da0g8

It's not my favorite theme from gen1 or 2, but that moment was just so perfect that that sticks out.

My favorite themes from gen1/2 are, in order:
Route 27 (runner-up for best moment; do you know what you just did?)
Lake of Rage
Vermilion City (Gen2, also a very cool moment stepping off the ship)
Dark Cave
Route 11 (Gen 1)

There were a LOT of good songs in gen2 especially. Some of them were really good remixes of gen1 songs, some were entirely new, but of all the songs in gen 1 and gen 2, these are probably my favorites.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS

Last edited by twocows; December 9th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
pessimisticlyricist
Unhatched Egg

I loved just cruising the streets of goldenrod city and listening to the music.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Cannot begin to express my love for the second-gen soundtrack. All in all it was just outstanding.
New Bark Town's theme was so good, I almost didn't want to leave. All the other cities' themes were just.. awesome (Azalea/Blackthorn would be my favourite city theme, followed by Ecruteak/Cianwood). The routes were great.

AND THE BATTLES.
Needless to say, I like the Red/Lance/Silver (finale) theme the most, it remains the most badass battle theme to this day. I also really like the Kanto Gym leader battle theme, but I kinda wish they didn't make it as minor-y, I think keeping it major like the original version would have been even better.

With that said, I think Gen I's music is pretty darn great, but overall the Gym Leader battle is the best, and the rest are.. fine. :)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
MattyJ
Serial Procrastinator

Nature: Brave
I loved Olivine City definitely nothing to do with my crush on Jasmine, then, which, I've only recently discovered, is the same as the tune for Violet City?
I'm pretty certain I loved the Bike theme in GSC, but also love the original RBY Gym theme (the tune that plays inside the gym).
I'm sure more favourites will come to me as I read more of this thread!

EDIT: How could I forget, I loved Buena's Password Theme!!!
CURRENT: GSC Gym Leader Challenge - Clair
----------
Watch this space!!

Last edited by MattyJ; January 3rd, 2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Silly me!!
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
filecabinet24
FC24

Nature: Quiet
The gym battle music from R/B/Y. I still love how awesomely epic that sounds.
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Matty Mayhem
Matty :3

Nature: Bold
I like the SS Anne departure music from RBY.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:15 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
For me, most of the GSC music was excellent, I have to say the music in Prof. Elm's lab was particularly enjoyable
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links