The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Old November 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
DLMuerte
Warrior of the Tower

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu View Post
Icy Burn thank you for the edits and you are accepted!

DeLaMuerte, your SU seems unrealistic. It's a good idea for a character, but the parents being that unintelligent and ignoring their child without any real showing of psychological repercussions is unbelievable, to be blunt, especially after taking advantage of his successful finds like that. I'd recommend taking a look over it again and making it more plausible. Until then you are pending.
Alright, understood. I'll fix it. I see where it went wrong (and I have to agree, it was unrealistic looking back at it), so I'll edit it quickly.

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | Vale | S: WoF | SAO: S | RR
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Oooohh, oooohh! *raises hand* Can I sign up? Can I, can I? Or at least reserve a spot for the time being? As a Harbinger of Palkia if that's possible.

Last edited by Mr. Mammoth; November 6th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Claire* I'll wait on giving you the verdict at the moment until Nideous gives the once-over.
Thanks for keeping me apprised, Fuyu. Take your time. :D
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Fuyu Send a message via Skype™ to Fuyu
Of course you can Mammoth! Everyone's welcome and thanks for your patience everybody.

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

@Claire: Brilliant SU, I like the detail of it~ I'd say you're accepted, wouldn't you Fuyu?

@Garet: Exactly. We're waiting for more people.

@Mammoth: Welcome! You are Reserved!

@Everyone: Tell your friends! Anyone you recommend that gets accepted will ean you my undying affection! No seriously, tell your friends. x3

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
DLMuerte
Warrior of the Tower

Alright, SU fixed, and edited. I had to change some stuff (like how he came to going to the wild, and for how long) and delete others (like the fossil thing).
Old November 7th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Claire is accepted! I will add all accepted when I get back from school. Also I will look at edits then too.

Old November 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Done with my SU as well! Look it over when you have the chance.
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Claire is accepted!
Woohoo, thank you both. Looks like I get to RP with Fuyu again too.
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
Woo! I'm in as well! More RPs, busy, busy ... :3
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Nideous

@Greiger. I looked over your SU. It looks excellent to me. :3 Thomas and Francais should get along well. *Snickers* I'll confer with Fuyu when she gets on and see what she thinks of it too.

@Icy and Claire. Welcome aboard to both of you. I hope you enjjoy this RP. :D

Old November 7th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Greiger and Claire*, you both are accepted! Welcome officially!

DeLaMuerte, I'm not sure what our verdict is yet but... I would recommend expanding on his school life. He was a prodigy according to the public school. How well did that go? Or if you really don't want to elaborate on it, maybe make a short RP sample on how you would write him.

My SU is at home so I can't post my progress right now. It's pretty close to being done.

Edit: To those of you writing or fixing your SUs, please don't rush through them You have plenty of time and if we start before you are ready, don't worry. It's more of a go-your-own-pace. I don't think it will happen but don't freak out if it does.

Last edited by Fuyu; November 7th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Thank you Fuyu and thank you Nideous. Can't wait to get this started and such like that.
Old November 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
DLMuerte
Warrior of the Tower

Decided to elaborate on schooling, although I could try and make a sample, too (that would possibly have till tomorrow, though).

Old November 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Name: Alexander"The Vampire" Michael Collins
Appearance: Alex, despite being extremely active, has very pale skin consistent to that of notebook paper which leads people to jokingly call him a Vampire. Standing at nice height of six feet and three inches, this slender young man is taller than most his friends. His slate green eyes help to rid people of actually being suspicious of him being a vampire but then again his coldest glare is enough to shut most people up. The boy has never been one to cut his hair so as a result his wavy caramel brown hair extends to his shoulders.

As if to complete the air of unapproachability about him, the teen has a penchant for dark clothing. Specifically Alex favors a black leather jacket which both helps keep him warm and keeps his shirt an obscurity. As if that wasn't enough the teen's waist are decked out in white leather pants with various pointless looping crimson belts. As if that wasn't the nail in the coffin(drumroll please?) Black combat boots adorn his feet.
Personality: Despite the way it might seem, Alex is simply shy and introverted. Instead of attempt to confront his insecurities, Alex hides behind a mask of ice and indifference to drive a wedge between him and others. In all reality the boy has low self-esteem and doesn't think much of himself. In social situations this leads him to cling to the background and not bring attention to himself. A smug smirk is always upon his face, as if he believes himself to be better than someone, so he can seem cool despite the fact that he feels inferior in general.

Once a person manages to push past the mask and befriend him, Alex is an extremely loyal friend. The boy is extremely kind and will cling to the few friends he gains. This youth fears being left alone which leads him to cling to his friends like glue. One of his more notable habits is running his hands through his hair when he feels anxious. Due to his generally introverted nature, Alex turns to his academics and hopes for high marks.
Background: Born and Raised in Eastern Kentucky, Alex only has a vague memory of his birth parents. When he was just three years old his parents were involved in a car wreck on their way through Louisville, Kentucky on a work related trip. Alex was watching TV in his room blissfully unaware while his babysitter watched the news in the adjacent room. It wasn't long before Alex was sent to Foster Care due to his parent's death where he was shuffled between family to family up until the age of ten where he was finally adopted. Needless to say his time in the Foster Care system had a major effect on his growth and development as he slowly came to believe that no one wanted to adopt him because he was completely inferior to the other kids his age.

Finally on Alex's tenth birthday, Alex was adopted by a kind couple with two kids his age. His new life with his new family was, at first anyways, extremely enjoyable. It wasn't till a few months later, however, that his thoughts kept returning to his birth parents. He couldn't even remember their faces anymore after all of that time and that bothered him immensely so much that he became detached from his new family though no one caught onto it. Everyone just assumed that he was naturally introverted because they never knew what happened to his family. Things seemed normal on the surface because he got good grades in school so his adopted family never asked.

Speaking of good grades, on Alex's seventeenth birthday he received a Riolu egg from his parents which hatched a few weeks later. Around that time Alex began receiving dreams in which a strange figure covered in fog and mist seemed to be beckoning to him. The dreams were strange to say the least and didn't make much sense, leaving many questions behind with no answers. It was also around this time that Alex realized that he could fly on accident. He and his family were taking a hike up a mountain when they finally reached the top of the mountain. In a sheer act of desperation and stupidity, Alex charged to stop Zephyr from walking off the edge only to end up falling off with the poor frightened Riolu clutched tightly in his arms. Creaking his eyes opening, Alex realized that they had stopped falling and were now hovering in midair. Needless to say Alex was freaked out but he did his best to fly himself and his pokemon back up. A week later Alex announced to his family that he intended to travel the globe in order to find more out about himself and his abilities.
Legend: Rayquaza
Powers: Flight- Exactly as it sounds, Alex is capable of soaring through the sky with skill and grace. As a result Alex's lungs have adapted to areas of high elevation where the oxygen is sparse.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Zephyr
Species: Lucario
Level: 14
Moves: Swords Dance, Metal Claw, Blaze Kick, and Force Palm
Personality: A very loyal pokemon who is extremely excitable.
Background: Zephyr and Alex met a few weeks after Alex's seventeenth birthday when he hatched from his egg. Quickly the two bonded where Alex played the older brother type role in the young pokemon's eyes and Zephyr filled the empty filling withing Alex's heart. After several weeks of training Alex's family decides to take a hike up a moment. Up at the top Zephyr, being young and unaware of the dangers associated with heights, peered out over the edge which result in the young pokemon getting knocked off balance. Alex tried to stop him but they both ended up falling only for Alex's power of flight to assist them. Overjoyed that they didn't die, Zephyr evolved into a Lucario upon being placed back upon the ground.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305

Last edited by Aura Vitae; November 8th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Roen52 and DeLaMuerte you both are accepted!

Finished SU. Enjoy!

[Spoiler]"The abyss and I had a staring contest once. I won because someone turned on the light."

Harbinger

Name: Zoran "Zora" Nishant (Zoran is the male equivalent of the name "light of dawn",while Zora is the feminine version)
Gender: Female these days, though hasn't said no to being called a boy

Appearance:

Zoran is young but attractive in her own way. The figure is only beginning to curve into an hourglass and blossom out, leaving someone caught between child and adult, as well as boy and girl. Her expression is constantly childlike, a cherubic face with wide honey-hazel eyes on creamy dark skin, like light coffee. Lean and nimble, she is a black leopard with little kitten clumsiness, particularly in her expressions. This innocence is most certainly a lie so be careful, you might lose your wallet... or something else. Her tiny figure hides strength, but not very much. She has never been a very physical person. Her skin is also badly scarred, many overlapping bands of slightly pink skin covering her arms and legs like thorns. One in particular is almost a perfect sphere centered on her stomach. That one is a long story, one she will not talk about. Her hair is a sleek, shiny black, one that travels almost to her waist, particularly since it is rarely tied up. She forgets to be honest.

Zora wears rather plain, boyish clothing. It isn't to hide her gender. It is simply looser and easier to work with when keeping her scars and such private information. Her long-sleeved shirt is dark blue and the threads are starting to unravel. She really needs new clothes. Her pants are black jeans that end just at her ankles, which she sometimes switches for a grey skirt. That is only for formal events because it is annoying to climb trees in a skirt. Her shoes are always simple gym shoes no matter the occasion, which she really does to purposely aggravate certain people. They deserve it anyway.

Personality:

Zora's about as sweet as vinegar. Precisely. Oh she can be shy and nice, but it's rare and unreliable. Just like her moral compass, which doesn't care about things like lives. That may be her mother's fault but she's really stopped wondering about it. Oddly enough, Zora does not stand up for herself. This isn't the simple female submissiveness; this is the "my life is expendable" sort of passiveness. Oh if she's really in danger, she'll save herself out of necessity but for the most part even if you kick her down and completely and utterly destroy her, she will not react much at all. Harm the people she believes are worth life for however and you will get into a dangerous hell of a fight, one that will probably end with you as a drooling mass on the ground or very possibly dead. Very little actually scares her, aside from her mother, Aura, and fire. Most things actually entice her curiosity and she goes to explore them, especially at the thought of danger. She doesn't throw herself in headfirst however. No she throws someone else in.

She is nothing if not clever, Zoran Nishant.

She is also very playful, almost never missing an opportunity to tease or make a witty comment. She loves to smile kindly as she does this, as well as when she imitates people's voices. It annoys people to death. Zora rarely swears too, possibly out of habit. Zoran loves to play games, almost as much as Doom, though hers are a lot less humane. She makes almost everything a game, which leads her to disregard the feelings of other people as anything other than factors to include, even her own. Despite liking to play she sticks to the outskirts of it, twisting things from the sidelines. Remember how I said her moral compass is wrong? This ties into it. It is so off it is playing her like a fiddle, because her shadows do that. This forces her to have an extreme amount of self-control... when the time is right. Otherwise she'd blow up her hometown for fun. Or steal from a bakery.

Zoran is ferociously protective of her sister, ghost thing aside, and her involvement in anything remotely harmful is prone to creating an instantly homicidal girl. In fact, the tightly controlled emotions she usually has go completely out of control when it comes to Zaria. The ghost is the only blood family she has left that hasn't tried to kill her... that she recalls. She takes death threats with a grain of salt but still. Best to be safe than sorry. Or a puddle. Yes a puddle isn't good either. This tends to make her very vulnerable but hey, that's normal for her.

Also, she loves anything adorable. This is kept firmly under wraps... for the most part.

By the way, be careful mentioning the topic of moms around her. She gets very jittery and quiet, oddly evasive and meek. It takes a while to get her back to semi-normal. It is almost as bad as her fear of fire, which includes a miniature panic attack and the room suddenly getting darker and colder. Yes I know she has a Fire type. Don't question it.

Background:

Zoran was born in Independence, Idaho to a semi-rich family. I say that because any of the particular valuables were made by hand and never sold if they could help it, such as any of the glass. Her father was a glassmaker and her mother... well, it was best not to ask exactly what she did. Amrita Nishant was fond of her secrets that woman was. It was actually Zoran's father who brought the Houndoom. Yes really. Anyway, these parents were very busy and often had their daughter in the care of the family of one Mickey Anderson. Funnily enough, those two absolutely hated each other until a funny incident with a skateboard and a banister. Even more oddly, their abilities woke up around similar times, supposedly due to the meddlings of Zoran's mother. It wasn't pretty to say the least, nor was the effort to control them in a facility (one of many) for something called Dawn of all things.

But I'm getting slightly ahead of myself. There was an important meeting before the whole Dawn fiasco, the meeting of a young hyper girl named Ashara Harris. Hoo boy, that was a doozie. She was the one who brought the two of them together... and was also the reason they got sent to the Dawn facilities in the first place. But that's her story, not Zoran's. And Zoran's story includes that of someone else; her baby sister. Zaria is also an important character to this ongoing tale. Mostly because she's dead. Yes, dead. It's quite complicated.

Why is this important character dead? Well, there's a multitude of events that starts when the entire Dawn Project was abruptly shut down by a large explosion that included leaving Zoran in a coma. It's a long story. She did eventually wake up, her powers having apparently enjoyed themselves while she was unconscious. They didn't exactly calm down afterward. In fact, it led to her knocking down one of her parents' chandeliers... onto her mother. She does not exactly remember this however so please don't pry too far. This created a fire which the two siblings barely escaped alive with the help of Doom's handy Flash Fire. Having no relatives to contact, they were taken in by Mickey's family. (reluctantly of course, Mrs. Anderson is a strange woman.) A couple years passed, the most important event occurring being Zaria's murder in an alley and subsequent transformation into a ghost. No, Zoran has not had a very peaceful life. School was actually the best part, what with being generally left alone.

Mickey was a wonderful friend during these troubled times, what with Ashara having disappeared off of the face of the planet and all that. It was thanks to him that her emotions took a more stable turn, ensuring a semi-normal life. At least, until the dreams.

Legend: Giratina
Powers: Zoran has a tendency to play in the dark, or play anywhere. Her shadows are a rather babbling, shattered part of her psyche. It gives her the ability to use shadows and mirrors to move around areas, causing her to disappear for ages at a time into another world if she's not careful. She can also attack from these or bring people through them. I do not recommend letting her do this without permission. Her other abilities are offensive, manipulating the dark, including in one burst of complete and utter disarray of the mind tether hersister's soul to him. Unfortunately these abilities leave her quite unhinged, never turning off and constantly attacking her head. Power comes at a cost after all. And the deeper she falls, the more the power plays.

Pokemon

Nickname: Doom
Species: Houndour
Level: 15
Moves: Reversal, Smog, Howl, Flamethrower
Personality: Doom is a silly old fellow, ten years old and still like a pup. He has quite a lot of energy within him and loves to play. Taking very little seriously, he is quick to lecture with a joyful bark and a game of fetch. Loyal by default, the creature takes his duties to protecting his pack as the only thing that really matters. It's the only thing that gets his hackles up. Even battles where he could get hurt, he runs the field like a playpen. Just hope you aren't a chicken.

Doom is a very good dog, hard working when he needs to be and a fluffy pillow otherwise. He loves people and being social and will be the one to comfort and care about others. Despite his silliness, he is very wise, ensuring him a chance to say surprisingly smart things when he tries. Most of the time he doesn't though. His temper is frightening and rather prone to inducing tunnel vision. He will not care if you are friend or foe, if you are in the way of protecting Zora he will not hesitate.

Background: Doom was hatched for Zora when the girl was three years old, raised from a pack of Houndoom that had been guarding the Nishant family supposedly for generations. Why? To keep her quiet and occupied and safe. Children aren't really well-liked in her area. Therefore he was to keep the little girl either out of sight or somewhere else. And that was what he did. It was this that lead to him learning play and protect as a nearly synonymous deal. He was also around for a majority of the events that shaped the girl's odd, awkward existence. He tends to keep quiet about those, Doom does. While he is worried for her and her lack of tears, he prefers to stick to the positives of life, such as learning to play fetch with Pokemon or living things, or getting to run through fields of wheat. Doom has no experience living in the wild so things such as the RDM or Knights are rather befuddling to him whenever they happened to advertise themselves in Idaho. He just barked at them until they went away. They were scaring the baby Starly.

Nickname: Sparx
Species: Shinx
Level: 12
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunderbolt, Leer, Tackle
Personality: Sparx is a vain kit. It's hard to find one quite as self-centered as prideful as the little one here. She means well, but she is also very high strung and expects to win with nothing less than a graceful, beautiful victory. She is hard to win over but once you do, she's yours forever. Quick tempered and ferociously defensive of her feelings and loved ones, there is no limit to how far she will go for Zoran. She knows her utter faith in her Pokemon and Sparx is determined not to let her down. She is also a more delicate eater, almost dainty. A bit of an attention seeker, she will bother anyone for a pet on the head.

Sparx is smart but she does know better than to not rely on her instincts. So that is exactly what she does, trusts her nose and ears and sense and prays. Using anything else seems like folly. Also, do not insult her trainer. She will not let it go, not now, not for a long time. You'll be lucky if your hand works after she's through with you.

Background: Sparx was caught by a young Ashara Harris on an early journey. It had been her own fault really, wandering away from the litter when she was too young to be able to fight. Sparx was easily caught by a Charmander and given to a little girl named Zaria for her birthday. However, Zaria died, leaving her in the hands of her other sibling. It was that or be released and she actually ran away for a few days of misery. The little girl treated her kindly after all. Yet despite the new freedom, she returned, messy and bruised, but a little better in the soul.

Last edited by Fuyu; November 12th, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Edited my app because I forgot to give Alex's Lucario a personality.

Old November 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM
DLMuerte
Warrior of the Tower

Quote:
Roen52 and DeLaMuerte you both are accepted!
Awesome! I'll wait till the IC is up then.

Old November 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Nideous

Alright everyone. We're nearly ready to begin, and I'll put the IC thread up in a few days at the most. But we still have some spots. If you can think of anyone that can fill them, anyone that would be interested, feel free to ask. Just wanted to let you guys know that the beginning is closer, that is all.

Old November 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

GUISE, GUISE. I'm done with mah SU! I hope it's good enough. Also, tell me if there's anything wonky with the space-powers since I'm unsure what that really makes him capable of.

Spoiler:
Name: Lars Viklund

Appearance: Lars’ appearance is… Well, most people (and by “most people” I mean everyone) would deem him to look a bit, weird. His face looks pretty much like that of an average teenage boy. The greasy feeling, the acne and the small hairs supposed to resemble the undeveloped pencil-thin line that will one day be a less sad excuse for a moustache, also comes with an insignificant and laughable tuft of hair supposed to be something close of a beard. However, his lacking in the beard-and-moustache department may very well be because a majority of that hair wandered up to his eyebrows. Lars’ eyebrows are pretty large, one might say they’re even bordering to becoming a unibrow which sadly isn’t far from the truth. However, our dear teenager has no plans on changing this whatsoever.
Speaking of eyebrows, Lars’ eyes have always been a perplexing feature to most people. The irises of this young man’s optical globes are that of a deep purple color, some might say that it’s more deep pink at some points. However, why it is so still remains a mystery. But just because his eyes are special doesn’t mean that they work right. Quite the opposite actually as Lars is severely near-sighted and cannot for the life of him see things from a long distance without his glasses, which is why they are such crucial items when it comes to his survival. Despite the glasses being important, Lars sure doesn’t treat them that way. In fact, the left lens of young Mr. Viklund’s optical enhancers is broken, a nice crack can be seen starting from the bottom of the glass and then splitting somewhere in the middle to end in a Y-shaped figure at the top of the glass and it doesn’t seem like he plans on fixing this damage either.
The young man’s hair is deep black and long, so long that it reaches down to his shoulders. Well, Lars himself wouldn’t consider it that long, but people have more than once told him otherwise. His hair is generally a bit dirty, but has a nice shining luster to it. However, that luster is only because of how greasy his hair is. If one were to take a longer glance at him, one will most likely spot the various rubber bands differing in sizes as well as colors which are tied to said hair of his, making it stick out in small tufts here and there. These rubber bands serve as some kind of reminders to him. While most people who needs to remember stuff either writes it down or puts a rubber band on their fingers, Lars finds that the best place for rubber bands to be is in your hair. Putting them on your fingers is just idiotic to him, why would you put something that can potentially cut off the blood supply to any given body-part - thus rendering it useless - on something as important as your fingers? That just doesn’t make sense.

Lars stands fairly tall at 183cm and has an average weight of 78 kilograms, he downright refuses to use anything else than the metric-system when it comes to his proportions because he finds that using anything else is moronic, quite simply. The teen has somewhat of a lanky build, even though he doesn’t exercise that much. He is usually garbed with the same clothing from day in to day out, more than enough he doesn’t wash it either. His usual attire consists of a plain-white T-shirt which has some darker stains on it – particularly under and around the “neck” of the shirt, these are believed to be from hot chocolate, but you never know. On the lower part of his body, our dear Lars usually has on a pair of dark-blue jeans on. They are actually quite comfortable, having been made with a softer type of jeans-fabric than what you normally see. They feel even cozier because of the fact that they are a little smudgy around the bottom of the legs. In his pockets he usually keeps his cellphone, his asthma medication and his wallet. In one of his back-pockets, Lars always keeps a mirror so that he can look at his rubber bands at any time since, well it’s a little bit hard to see your own face without a mirror, wouldn’t you agree? The fun part is that he seems to have a greater concern for his mirror than he has for his glasses as the mirror doesn’t have a single crack in it, and he even cleans it regularly. If he had to choose, Lars would rather be without shoes if the situation does call for shoes, that is. Otherwise, he will pretty much be without anything on his feet. As a result, his feet are mostly dirty; however their soles are quite sturdy and hard. He usually walks with a bit of a slouch either because he is reading in a Physics-Book, or because he just has some kind of “natural-slouch” which he received from sitting in a less-than-favorable way for his back. Lars’ walk is a less-common sight to behold, when he moves one of his legs forward the teen usually whips his foot back a bit as if it got hit by something before putting it on the ground. He has often been ridiculed for his walk, but Lars has never paid much mind to it, instead he’s just continued to do his little whip-like walk to this day. And he will probably continue to do so for the rest of his life.

Personality: Lars is simply put, a bit weird. Aside from his strange way of walking, the teen usually has a strange way of expressing himself. He isn’t too prone to talk to strangers and instead he usually just makes a random noise – one that usually ends with the prefix “-uh.” – whenever being told to talk to someone that he doesn’t know, because he will most likely not initiate a conversation himself. No, he often needs help with that. As he doesn’t talk to others much, Lars’ social-skills are quite lacking, he can be very strange and awkward most of the times with both the traits of being a bit shy as well as very blunt. However, should you rile him up enough; he will forget about what shyness even is and go full force with his vocabulary. He also has a tendency to spit out a random question regarding either physics, chemistry or mathematics and ask for his “conversational partner” – as he likes to call it – to answer it. Should they happen to get the answer wrong, he can be a bit rude depending on the first expression he gains from a person. But since he doesn’t talk much, Lars gets first expressions of people through their appearances, it may seem like a shallow way, but he insists that it works 97% of the time – with the necessary mathematics to back it up (or so he claims).

Lars takes a great interest in physics, special relativity is his favorite thing to discuss and solve problems with. He never quite knew why, but Lars was always a bit compelled to the idea of space. This infinite… infinite… horizon of particles always fascinated the teen. In his younger age, he used to sit and just think about how insignificant he and everyone else is in reference to the spectrum of space itself. Because of this thinking, he usually deems that no-one is better than the other, we’re all equally small and worthless compared to the universe. But he also has quite a fascination with biology, the study of Pokémon and how they’re shaped by evolution is very interesting, and dare I say, exhilarating? Thus, he likes to conduct research of Pokémon that he wants to know more about or benefits him in some way. At home he has countless of books regarding the physiology of various species of the monsters, it’s a collection that has been steadily growing from the day which he turned five years old. His interest for these subjects hasn’t made him better at sports however. He is rather uncoordinated, and doesn’t like to run that much. Walking is fine, then he can at least focus enough on the book that he is probably reading.

Due to all this research and interest in physics, Lars is quite smart and good at solving problems. However, he is only good at solving problems if he gets enough time to think, quick thinking is surprisingly not one of his stronger aspects. This is because the reason for his great knowledge is his very great ability to memorize things. Be it a map, a sentence in a book, whatever, he’s got it memorized if he takes any interest in it that is. As stated before, Lars is very bad at working under stress, it doesn’t matter if it’s a problem in a book or during a Pokémon battle, he will mostly just succumbs to the stress and flips the f*** out. Thus he has concocted a plan for what to do in most possible situations, all of which he has written down and put into a yellow book entitled “What Should I Do? A Guide To the Many Uncomfortable Situations You May Encounter in Life”. When he thinks more closely about it, Lars isn’t too fond of the name, but he’s already chosen it, can’t make it any different now. He usually keeps this book in a safe place where he is absolutely sure that it will be easy to keep maintenance on it.

Lars does at times seem pretty oblivious and clueless when it comes to most things. In fact, jokes usually pass right over his head, leaving him as the laughing-stock for people when they realize that he didn’t even consider the fact that someone was joking. Thus, he can be a bit offended if someone makes a joke about him and he ends up taking it seriously. Lars isn’t really prone to change either, he has no problem with the concept, but he’d just like to avoid it as much as possible. It makes him confused when things aren’t like they should be.

Background: Lars Viklund was born at a hospital in the northern parts of Sweden. Upon his arrival, his parents became very happy about their new son. After staying a week at the hospital due to the hardships that Mrs. Viklund’s body underwent during birth, the two parents brought home their newest addition to the family. At first, everything was peaceful for the parents. Their son Lars didn’t scream or cause that much commotion as a kid. He mostly just sat and played with his toys or with his parent’s Pokémon. But as time went on, and the boy grew older, his parents suspected something was not right. He hardly ever talked to them about anything, he didn’t go out very often, all he did was just sitting on the floor, reading some kind of book. He didn’t even bother to play with their Pokémon anymore. So, he was taken to a doctor in order for them to see if there was something wrong with him.

The doctor diagnosed the boy with Autism.

His parents were at first a bit worried. Autism? They had never had much to do with any kind of person possessing that particular disorder. They were told that little Lars wasn’t much different from other children when it came to intelligence. In fact, the doctor said that the boy was quite smart for his age. No, the problem lied in the social part of the boy’s mind. He wasn’t good at communicating with others, and thus it would require more work to teach him such things as speaking correctly and expressing himself. So the parents went home with this knowledge, unsure what to do with their son. But they decided to try and help him the best they could.

As Lars grew a bit older, he was enrolled in a public school, but never quite fit in with the class. He always did well on his assigned homework, but everyone soon came to know him as that guy who wasn’t like everyone else. This of course gave some children enough reason to bully him. But Lars never became offended by their jokes and jeering; he simply ignored them because they didn’t pique his interest at all. But when the abuse started to become physical, then things got worse. After countless of talks with parents and a useless set of teachers as well as an even more useless principal, no improvement was made. That’s when Lars’ parents decided that they’ve had enough, they personally took him out of the school and fixed for him to become homeschooled.

Now things were starting to look better, at least he wasn’t receiving any more punches or kicks. But being away from a school - one of the first places where you learn how to interact in a different social way - didn’t help his social-skills. In fact, he started to develop other “quirks” which would make his behavior deviate even more than it had originally done.

Legend: Palkia
Powers: Lars can create “portals” which leads to other places in this dimension by bending the fabric of space itself, he can use these to transport around. He can also increase or decrease the dimensions of an object if he so wishes.

Pokémon

Nickname: Morgan
Species: Spoink
Level: 10
Moves: Extrasensory | Splash | Odor Sleuth | Thunder Wave

Personality: Morgan is much like his Trainer, a bit shy and meek. However, he doesn’t have the same lacking in social-skills as Lars, oh no. But like Lars, he isn’t one to start yapping away with a total stranger for no particular reason, you gotta’ be careful and stuff. The Spoink may also be rendered a little bit too cynical for his own good, however he still usually advises Lars to talk to people, “It’ll get you some good experience!” he always claims. Since Morgan is a Psychic-type, he has certain abilities which make him able to communicate with humans a bit easier. Telepathy is one of these. Just like Lars, he is very interested in physics, glad to take on any new problem which his Trainer throws at him. And sometimes, he likes to throw one back. The quirk to spontaneously give people physics-questions has actually been rubbed off on him from Lars, it’s nice to receive hobbies from your friends, isn’t it?

Background: Morgan was first given to Lars as a present on one of his birthdays. Lars’ parents thought that it might be good for their son to have his own Pokémon which he could bond with, and thus take his mind off of reading for a while. At first, Lars was a bit cruel to his Spoink. He ignored the poor pig completely because he deemed it to be “not very interesting”. But one day when the boy was doing a bit of homework, he got stuck on a question. It was a pretty hard one, and he beat himself up over quite a lot. He asked his parents for help, but they just said that he should maybe ask Morgan for advice. Seeing as his parents weren’t going to listen, Lars had decided to consult his Spoink on the matter. To his surprise, the little pig answered the question correctly. The boy had stared in amazement and asked Morgan how he had done it, he got an even bigger surprise when the pig actually answered him through his thoughts. That was the day when Lars started to see the value of Morgan, and the two became great friends afterwards.
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Nideous

Mammoth, you are accepted. Welcome to the RP bruh. x3

Old November 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
Mammoth, you are accepted. Welcome to the RP bruh. x3
Thanks man! And also thanks to Fuyu since she is the other GM amd stuff. I can't wait to begin this RP, I want to try out Lars since he is a bit different from my previous characters.
Old November 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nideous

Woot! The IC thread is up! Feel free to begin posting. And, clearly, we're still accepting SUs, so submit them whenever you are ready!

Old November 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Cool. It's a little late over here at the moment so I should have a post up sometime tomorrow.

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Yeah, it's cool that the IC is up and all, but how do we start? There seems to be no "intro-post" for what we should do first. So, what should we do first?

Sponsored Links