Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
Making me do unnecessary work ;_;

(though been a long long time since DCC gets that much activity and posts, lol. Guess that's another benefit of the election.)

EDIT: add-on hunt is something I'm incredibly lazy about even though it's super handy. It's similar to proper tagging of music... It *should* be done but I never get to it.
But it is necessary. If you want your image to show up.

Oh, and off topic... Is gender bending here just a thing that everyone does or something? I mean, seriously. You never know who is and more people do it than you'd think.

I find it also peculiar that some people, every so often change their profile gender. Not uncommon. People should just stick to one.

I figured I'd ask here since everyone appears to be here at the moment.
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
too bad I deleted google chrome over safari (because just prettier imo) because I would've loved that extension.
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old November 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
So Brock Obamma won, huh?
Thank goodness yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
yep.

I bet the people at fox news are cutting themselves over that right now.
And Romney is porbably beating his staff up right now, just like that movie (What was it called hmm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I just said to Touj how although I'm not American I feel like really excited by this, almost as if I'm a part of it, just because I'm alive when it's happening. idk it's weird, like the moon landing????
Totally natural, we shall survive yet another four years (We'll more than likely grow in debt but at least we won't wage a gazillion new pointless wars so yeah ;-;)
Quote:

Guess Romney is a noob and didn't learn Air Slash or HP Fire.
lololololol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
lol Honestly, what on earth were you afraid of happening that would be different from anything before? O_o

(Yay, Obama!)
Armageddon for one u_u
Quote:
But I'm lazy and you know that D: The picture is *sorta* funny but not funny enough for me to do all of that :x
Yes 'all that' would be too much work lol :b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
You know there's an addon for Chrome that Imgur makes, right? It lets you take screenshots of any area of a screen (or the entire screen) and you can rehost images to Imgur by just right-clicking and choosing "rehost image", so convenient.
Quote:
Making me do unnecessary work ;_;

(though been a long long time since DCC gets that much activity and posts, lol. Guess that's another benefit of the election.)

EDIT: add-on hunt is something I'm incredibly lazy about even though it's super handy. It's similar to proper tagging of music... It *should* be done but I never get to it.
I think (Stress on think), this is it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cooacjdpmbjlao
The one I have looks kinda different v_v

Old November 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:

Oh, and off topic... Is gender bending here just a thing that everyone does or something? I mean, seriously. You never know who is and more people do it than you'd think.

I find it also peculiar that some people, every so often change their profile gender. Not uncommon. People should just stick to one.

nope male and will always be

lol I'm lazy
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old November 6th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Quote:

It's actually quite funny xD
This is a forum after all, being serious about every single detail doesn't exactly help in the point of having fun u_u

Old November 6th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpyfoof View Post
Australians are required by law to vote. I really couldn't care less about voting, I think the politicians should sort it out themselves and let the public decide on their salary.
Meh, where I come from, if you don't vote, you will go to jail.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The addon I have I downloaded from Imgur's site, so it would be faster to search there than the google store.

Also @genderbending: I agree Ice Car. :( It is really common on PC and I'm not a fan. I find it kinda mean to mess with peoples' heads like that unless you really feel like your gender changes regularly.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Ice Car

Well, I know MidnightShine, Harlequin, Hikari, and myself are such people. And those are only the people I know. I thought I was unique alongside Hikari but NOPE, WRONG
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Well grabbed the imgur firefox add-on instead with all the DCC nagging about it XD;

As for gender-bending well depends on how people play up a different persona for their online/PC life compare to wherever else they go. To be honest, I don't really associate a PCer's gender to their gender tag as much as a male/female avatar XD; The picture is way more... catchy in the association game than the gender field specification.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Yeah, not a fan of genderbending. It's obnoxious. :/

Obama wins Virginia:
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:07 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Armageddon for one u_u
You're very realistic XD

Wow, that was a short speech Mitt. Jeez.

Obama's turn soon
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Yes, Retro Bug, the title is accurate lmao

Social Media is a real treat tonight, lmao. I love it.
Aha, I'm glad we both agree on this. Indisputable topic.

I really don't care about genderbending because I don't really care about people's gender unless they tell me so. Genderbend all you like.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Ice Car

I only picked it up because I pretty much only use Female avatars and have girly themes. If I adjusted my posting style to be less boyish that would be good. By boyish I mean serious, cynical, *******ish, etc.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well grabbed the imgur firefox add-on instead with all the DCC nagging about it XD;

As for gender-bending well depends on how people play up a different persona for their online/PC life compare to wherever else they go. To be honest, I don't really associate a PCer's gender to their gender tag as much as a male/female avatar XD; The picture is way more... catchy in the association game than the gender field specification.
See that annoys me because...I have never once taken "female" out of my gender on PC. I chose female because I'm a female and would like to be referred to with female pronouns. Sometimes I use avatars that might be used on a male. But people should assume I'm female because it says I'm female, and if I use masculine avatars I get annoyed if I get referred to by a masculine pronoun because it's always been obvious with me. >_o
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well, I know MidnightShine, Harlequin, Hikari, and myself are such people. And those are only the people I know. I thought I was unique alongside Hikari but NOPE, WRONG
Idgi. You say you hate gender bending and Hikari claims (Stress on 'claims') to be a genderbender.

Old November 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Ice Car

Quote:
See that annoys me because...I have never once taken "female" out of my gender on PC. I chose female because I'm a female and would like to be referred to with female pronouns. Sometimes I use avatars that might be used on a male. But people should assume I'm female because it says I'm female, and if I use masculine avatars I get annoyed if I get referred to by a masculine pronoun because it's always been obvious with me. >_o
I don't think you understand the novelty of gender bending, in that you can **** with people.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
I'm going to go with the terrible sexist stereotype: "assume male unless stated otherwise."

Though I myself generally use female avatars too if there's characters in it, onionhead being the exception. As for the masculine pronoun problem, erm I guess that we can blame English. Another +1 to Japanese in a Pokemon board.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Ice Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Idgi. You say you hate gender bending and Hikari claims (Stress on 'claims') to be a genderbender.
I don't hate "gender bending."

Quote:
I'm going to go with the terrible sexist stereotype: "assume male unless stated otherwise."

Though I myself generally use female avatars too if there's characters in it, onionhead being the exception. As for the masculine pronoun problem, erm I guess that we can blame English. Another +1 to Japanese in a Pokemon board.
Pretty much this.

You can't help but assume when avatar, signature, and posting style match up so that it seems very much so. (See: MidnightShine)

Last edited by Ice Car; November 6th, 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
I don't think you understand the novelty of gender bending, in that you can **** with people.
I understand it and find it really rude and unnecessary. As someone who can be socially anxious in real life, I can understand people with social anxiety online, and feeling like they don't know how to refer to a person because they keep switching genders really adds to that anxiety and I just can't get behind intentionally upsetting people for the sole reason that they tried to refer to you on the internet. HOW DARE THEY
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Maaybe I'm not around enough gender benders but I don't see how it upsets people... If you're unsure of someone's gender why don't you just ask them? Or ask them what pronouns you should refer to them as. I didn't know it was that hard to do or offensive. Like, why is it even important? You can say "they" or other gender neutral pronouns.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Ice Car

Quote:
I understand it and find it really rude and unnecessary. As someone who can be socially anxious in real life, I can understand people with social anxiety online, and feeling like they don't know how to refer to a person because they keep switching genders really adds to that anxiety and I just can't get behind intentionally upsetting people for the sole reason that they tried to refer to you on the internet. HOW DARE THEY
I can perfectly understand your opinion.

I don't know, I find it kind of gratifying to have successfully tricked someone.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Can we talk about the important things again aka the election
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

I guess I'm just more sensitive to the emotions of other people. I can't enjoy doing something if it upset/harmed another person, pranks are only fun when the victim isn't upset by it for me, lol. I really can't wrap my head around the other mindset because I've never been even close to it.

Edit: Live go away you have a politics thread go talk in that
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I think gender-bending can be fine if you're not comfortable with putting your real gender online, I guess. Or if you identify as a gender opposite of your given gender at birth. But to do it just to purposely screw with people is pretty messed up, honestly... :\

Like what Toujours said, basically; I kind of grew a bit of anxiety when referring to other peoples' genders on here because I usually think some of them are gender bending, unless something - like a post or VM or something - proves that they are not.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Ice Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Can we talk about the important things again aka the election
You mean talk about something that already has its own thread for that specific topic in a different thread?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286344

Can we continue the discussion there, I mean, there IS a thread for it. Why does the topic have to drag on into a different thread?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here