The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 13th, 2012 (11:32 PM).
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Nature: Relaxed
I try most of the time to fall asleep to music and usually it doesn't work I end up getting hype from the music. But I have manage to fall asleep to some Mike Posner and Frank Ocean.

Old October 14th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Only what I look forward to doing every night! I actually get frustrated when I don't have music to fall asleep to, I've been doing it so long that it's become part of my natural sleeping routine. Put in my headphones, choose a song and slowly but surely become unconscious. I only ever sleep without music if I'm extremely exhausted and the sound of music would only serve to frustrate me & if my iPod is out of battery. It's just become so essential to my nightly sleeping cycle that I don't even bother to think about doing it anymore. Does anyone have a specific song they like to fall asleep to? Mine would hav to be Numb by Marina and the Diamonds, which is odd, because its such a vocal-strong song. Marina is literally screaming at one point (SHIIIIIIiiiiIIIIIInnnEEE/LOOKING FOR THE GOLDEN LIE/OH IT'S A REASONABLE SACRIFIIIICE/BURN BURN BURN BRIGHT) and yet when I hear this at night I seem to fall asleep instantly! God bless Marina Diamandis.
Old October 14th, 2012 (03:34 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Music keeps me awake. I go to sleep without it playing. I like it nice, cool, and quiet... it's peaceful.
Old October 18th, 2012 (04:14 PM).
Crux
Evermore

Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Yes I do,and it does indeed work rather well for me.
As for what I listen to...it depends on the day,it ranges anywhere from something like Ax7/Mcr/Afi (lol,wouldn't think that would help?) to soundtrack/classical/instrumental music. x)

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old October 18th, 2012 (07:37 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I'll fall asleep listening to music, but I don't purposefully use it to fall asleep if that makes any sense. :P And even if it's something rowdy or upbeat, it still won't keep me awake. Usually just my headphones because everyone around me is trying to get some sleep.
Old October 19th, 2012 (11:30 AM).
Awesomepulls
Unhatched Egg

I don't really know but id assume if you were listening to something calming and relaxing from any genre you like possibly even sad songs youd have an easier time falling asleep. I would personally use speakers though having headphones or earbuds in while sleeping id only be thinking about the wires tightening around my neck while i moved in my sleep haha.
Old October 25th, 2012 (06:14 AM).
Doppelgänger
Merry Christmas!
Community Supporter

I fall asleep to music sometimes, but when I do, its obviously to a soft tuned song, not a loud rock song with a lot of noise.
Old October 29th, 2012 (02:50 AM).
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I don't listen to music when I sleep. I tried it once and it wouldn't let me close my eyes. So yeah.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 29th, 2012 (02:34 PM).
Correspondence

I don't think i could fall asleep while listening to music unless it was really bad or just a classical melody.
Old October 29th, 2012 (02:56 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

While it's all possible, I actually turn off my electronics before I go to bed so I don't think that I've tried it before... I've certainly nodded off on the bus while listening to music before though.
Old October 29th, 2012 (03:08 PM).
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

I've fallen asleep to music before. Usually it's soft classical music when I'm in my room, but I have fallen asleep to J-pop. And the J-pop wasn't very soft. And I was sleeping over at my friend's house. I don't do this any more, though. I miss it sometimes.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old October 29th, 2012 (03:12 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I fall asleep when I hear music I love.

Although I don't do it as often as I used to.
Old October 30th, 2012 (11:22 AM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Music does help me sleep, because it forces me to sit in my bed with my eyes closed, and concentrate. Eventually my mind just gets tired, and I fall asleep.
Old October 30th, 2012 (11:31 AM).
Zozma
I'm a blur

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Zozma
I cannot sleep without music. I use an old CD player and I put in dance music CDs. I usually fall asleep by the third or fourth song unless I have a major case of insomnia.

My websites:

Old November 1st, 2012 (05:53 PM).
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
When I go to sleep, I have my radio on all night. I for some reason cannot sleep in complete silence.
Old November 6th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

If I'm not tired at all, then music only serves to reinforce my ability to stay awake when I'm trying to get to sleep. If, on the other hand, I am kinda sleepy, then the right kind of music (gentle, ambient, slow-ish) can just send me straight to sleep. So it's really a Russian roulette as to whether music can help me fall asleep or not.
Old November 6th, 2012 (09:58 PM).
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I can't do it, Music only makes me feel more awake.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 6th, 2012 (10:31 PM).
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Not one bit does it work at all. Most of my music is pop music which I listen to help me boost my mood confidence before I go out somewhere. All it would do would keep me up and awake and annoyed. However, I do find having the TV on while I sleep kind of soothing. I lower the volume and let it run, the TV turns off by itself (you can set a timer.)
Old November 6th, 2012 (11:49 PM).
revere
Community Supporter

I don't even have to try~ I can clearly remember me falling asleep the other day while listening to my MP3, lol~ So yeah, it works for me~
Old November 8th, 2012 (11:32 PM).
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

I need silence - or as close to it as possible - in order to sleep, so I've never been able to fall asleep to music. Not that I haven't tried in the past when I've been ill with cold and haven't been able to sleep in the first place.

I've gone back to sleep thanks to music, though. Sometimes if I wake up early and don't feel like going back to sleep I'll put my iPod on, and as I listen to quiet things that early in the morning - I'm a very light sleeper; my senses are particularly acute, and loud music would probably give me a headache at that time of day - it can lull me back to sleep, although I seem to wake up when it stops playing.
Old December 7th, 2012 (12:20 AM).
JumpyFish
Unhatched Egg

Every night I listening music after I go to bed. Generally I listening romantic song. I like it very much.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links