The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-THE-MASTER-OF-POKEMON View Post
I just said that maybe he could remove sunkern and sunflora and replace them with glaceon and leafeon.......
Also he could make eevee evolve in leafeon via leaf stone
And a female eevee into glaceon with water stone(male for vaporeon)
AND I also mentioned that maybe he could make a cave (like a EON cave) with all the eeveelutions in it .

Oh and DJG if you still think it can't work then I will leave it be.................awesome hack so far
Water Stone for an Ice evolution I never considered, I did mention Leaf Stone for Leafeon once somewhere in this or another thread. But the point is, he already said he can't add them in response to you. That should end that discussion. No need to keep posting saying, "Well, get rid of this and put them here" - he's already said he doesn't have the skillz to do that.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 16th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-THE-MASTER-OF-POKEMON View Post
I just said that maybe he could remove sunkern and sunflora and replace them with glaceon and leafeon.......
Also he could make eevee evolve in leafeon via leaf stone
And a female eevee into glaceon with water stone(male for vaporeon)
AND I also mentioned that maybe he could make a cave (like a EON cave) with all the eeveelutions in it .

Oh and DJG if you still think it can't work then I will leave it be.................awesome hack so far
Why can't you just read... I already said it wouldn't be possible to evolve them from Eevee!
Eevee has 5 evolutions and that's most you can get.
It's impossible to have 7 evolutions of one Pokémon in 3rd game.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sofnyx

This is starting to become a habit but I have a white screen when I load the Rom my ruby is USA save type is automatic I tried 128k and nothing

Remember i live in England so its like 2am for me when everyone gets active with battling here which is why i dont respond alot due to being asleep
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofnyx View Post
This is starting to become a habit but I have a white screen when I load the Rom my ruby is USA save type is automatic I tried 128k and nothing
Then your answer is Ruby v1.0, use Google for that =) Ruby v1.0 is the safest bet for fixing the WRS, ehm, no, I meant WS.

Old October 18th, 2012, 03:24 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

well this particular hack in the side showcase has proven that you can add 4th/5th gen abilities into the game:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289571

So its not impossible after all, maybe djg can pick up on it for future use?

Old October 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
well this particular hack in the side showcase has proven that you can add 4th/5th gen abilities into the game:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289571

So its not impossible after all, maybe djg can pick up on it for future use?
Even though it is possible, you do realize it EXTREMELY difficult to do, right?
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
Even though it is possible, you do realize it EXTREMELY difficult to do, right?
Indeed. Many people who only play hacks don't understand why something can't be done. While I have done minimal bits so far (map editing, namely), I still realize that not everything is possible. The limitations present in the original game itself are the constraint at play here.

Trust me, if adding every single move introduced in the 4th gen. was possible, plus adding all 4th gen. Pokes up to Arceus (493), with no removal of the existing movesets and Pokémon, there would already be a ROMhack base available utilizing this for hackers to use at will. Same with adding 5th gen.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
mlwy

How did you activate National Dex in Ruby? By hex editor?
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:00 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
If DJG has the time and means to do so, he shld go for it.
That's the main problem why I am not including it, even if it's possible.
Growing up sucks... Need time to go to job, work for money and live each day to survive... :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwy View Post
How did you activate National Dex in Ruby? By hex editor?
Questions like these should be asked in the Simple Questions thread.
But I'll get back to you.

*goes to User CP > Personal Notepad*
I'm back.
Here's the code you need to add in your script. I forgot if you should add this before or after the PokeDex flag... Meh.
Code:
Script To Activate National Dex In Ruby...
checkflag 0x8000
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
clearflag 0x8000
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Indeed. Many people who only play hacks don't understand why something can't be done. While I have done minimal bits so far (map editing, namely), I still realize that not everything is possible. The limitations present in the original game itself are the constraint at play here.

Trust me, if adding every single move introduced in the 4th gen. was possible, plus adding all 4th gen. Pokes up to Arceus (493), with no removal of the existing movesets and Pokémon, there would already be a ROMhack base available utilizing this for hackers to use at will. Same with adding 5th gen.

Cyclone
Actually, it is possible to add new moves without replacing older ones. You can look at a tutorial on the R&D forums. I don't know why there isn't a ROM base, but I presume it's to prevent over-usage of it in amateur hacks.

Learning how to hex edit. I'm not advanced in any way, and rely on tools most of the time.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
Actually, it is possible to add new moves without replacing older ones. You can look at a tutorial on the R&D forums. I don't know why there isn't a ROM base, but I presume it's to prevent over-usage of it in amateur hacks.
Really?

We need a ROMbase. LMAO Would be neat to play Emerald or somesuch with the movesets in Unova.

Cyclone

Old October 27th, 2012, 08:49 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
Yeah, I am aware of the thread you're pointing out, but I'm kinda busy with real life to figure that one by myself, so yeah...

---oOo---

Anyway, pipz.
Who wants to see some updates? :D

I am done importing the trainers from Beta 1 to the new beta, and so, I can finally make some progress.
The screenshots show Route 6 and Vulcan Town.

I haven't inserted the PKMN battle animations and custom music yet. Those two are low in my priority list.

That would be all. Thanks~
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Cool! Is the 10 level bug fixed if you imported all trainers?

Old October 28th, 2012, 05:12 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

how can I play this on gameboid?

never mind fixed it

Last edited by openkaart; October 29th, 2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: no longer need an answer
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:04 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
So now that the trainers are imported, the update is close to release? (inhale)...yay...

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
So now that the trainers are imported, the update is close to release? (inhale)...yay...
Not sure. I'm currently scripting the events and mapping the rest of the areas.
And then add a few more trainers, some events in the early parts of the game, insert the animations, music, blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah...

Yeah... xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Cool! Is the 10 level bug fixed if you imported all trainers?
Not sure. Didn't get the time to beta test it. Maybe this week, I can test the game, since I will only have three days of work this week (not sure if I should be happy or sad about that)...
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Correspondence

So i was replaying the game and the screen seems to just go to the right and just show trees if you spam the A-button in route 2-A when you're about to re-battle Jude and Jorex.You might want to check that in the next Beta.Also do we have to restart the game in the next Beta?
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
So i was replaying the game and the screen seems to just go to the right and just show trees if you spam the A-button in route 2-A when you're about to re-battle Jude and Jorex.You might want to check that in the next Beta.Also do we have to restart the game in the next Beta?
huh...
that's interesting.
I knew that route was buggy.
before the beta was released, after I defeat Jude, my screen turns black and I can't see a thing, although I could still walk around.

I'll check on that. thanks~

and for your question, er...yes, you pipz need to start a new game. :\
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Natas
Unhatched Egg

i for one am satisfied with just 5 eeveeloutions... really enjoyin this hack... great job as always
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:13 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Looks like another masterpiece from a Mater hacker himself. Go for it DjG. I ma looking forward to play it.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
xxslypikachuxx
Unhatched Egg

This is an awesome hack. Cant wait for the final version:D, You are one amazing pokemon hack creator keep it up :]
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Ashor
Devil Summoner

Nature: Relaxed
It's getting harder and harder holding myself back from playing this. Can't wait until the next beta comes out, I'll give it a test run then.
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
SammieLily2
Writer Extraordinare

Nature: Quiet
Hey there!

Loving this hack, it's pretty awesome.

Just wanted to point out that I played for awhile last night and used the in-game save. Well, tonight I tried to open the game up again, and my save file was no longer there. It was there last night, but now it's not.

Just a little bug I thought I'd mention, I normally use the save state feature anyways. Thanks!

~Sammie
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Yeah that problem was also reported by someone on his other hack. I wonder what causes this? Maybe ROM is the culprit behind it
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieLily2 View Post
Hey there!

Loving this hack, it's pretty awesome.

Just wanted to point out that I played for awhile last night and used the in-game save. Well, tonight I tried to open the game up again, and my save file was no longer there. It was there last night, but now it's not.

Just a little bug I thought I'd mention, I normally use the save state feature anyways. Thanks!

~Sammie
Have you really saved? What if only your counterpart from another timeline entered your mind and you started to think that you saved but in this timeline, you actually did not?
What if the save actually is there but cannot be seen by the naked eye?

Okay, seriously... this is kinda weird bug that sometimes happens, you should use in-game saves with save-state saves to backup.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here