Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page OOOOOO! DEATH ZONED!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old November 6th, 2012 (06:06 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Have you ever been in the death zone before? If yes, how often are you death zoned and how did you get out of it?

The death zone is basically any time when you've nearly been killed / potentially killed.
Old November 6th, 2012 (07:00 AM).
It's so overt, it's covert!

I was born 3 and a half months early.
My lungs weren't even supposed to be working. I was supposed to die.
I was 3.2 pounds when I was born. Emergency c-section.
Spent about three months in the hospital attached to every kind of wire and tube you could imagine.
In fact, I'm lucky I don't have a mental disability or a physical one, for that matter.
Old November 6th, 2012 (02:08 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
When I first moved to this state I didn't know you had to push a button to cross a road, almost got hit by a car while bike riding. (Forgot my helmet)

I was almost drowned by a few friends because we were having a breath holding contest

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old November 6th, 2012 (03:11 PM).
trying to be cool
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
When I was around 5 or 6 years old, I had dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever. I was in the hospital for a few days. My mother told me when I got older was that it was severe, and she prayed every night for me to get well. Her prayers worked, because now I'm cured, and I didn't know that it was life threatening until a year ago.
“You see, love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says I love you, I love you if you’re in China, I love you if you’re across town, I love you if you’re in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you, I’d like to have your arms around me, I’d like to hear your voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now. So, I love you. Go.”

Old November 6th, 2012 (06:28 PM).
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I have felt like I'm dying a few times lately. I better NOT be.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old November 6th, 2012 (06:58 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Back when I was little, every scrape felt like I was about to die. So no, technically I haven't been in the death zone.
Old November 6th, 2012 (09:47 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
I broke my spleen once this past January.

But it's all cool because that got me into PC and i apreeeeeciate thatttttttt

Old November 6th, 2012 (09:51 PM).
give me the words
CS

Nature: Mild
The only time I've ever been close to death was when I was born. The umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and was essentially choking me. I'm lucky enough however, that those who brought me into the world unwrapped it and got me breathing again.
Old November 6th, 2012 (10:01 PM).
One of a kind.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
One time I started to drink some sort of windshield cleaner. I was really thirsty, and was tricked into thinking that the cleaner bottle held water. (I was really gullible) Luckily I didn't swallow/was able to wash my mouth out soon after.

When did I become us?
Old November 7th, 2012 (12:35 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I stepped out in front of a truck once, and frequently risk my life spelunking/rock climbing with no training or equipment of any kind, but I dunno if that counts. lol
Old November 7th, 2012 (02:15 AM).
Grande Amore

I had about two that I could remember. And both of them were related to swimming.

When I was really young, I couldn't swim very well and needed to use arm floats to stay afloat. I was swimming with my friends in the pool downstairs (I lived in a condominium back then), and at one point, one of them suddenly pushed my head down into the water. I was terrified of submerging my head into the water last time, so it was kinda a near-death experience for me.

The second incident was when I was swimming with another set of friends at a water park. You know those umbrella/mushroom things that pour water all around like a waterfall? Yea, those. I was swimming underneath one of those, and when I tried coming up for air, one of those double floater tubes was in the way. The tube was pretty huge, so I couldn't find the surface and started to panic. Yea, I certainly did a lot of panicking back in the day. Luckily at the very last moment, I found the edge of the tube and....well, here I am. Woohoo.

Here are the pictures of the mushroom waterfall thing and the tube, if you are interested lol.
Spoiler:

pairstwittershowdownlake valorpc family
Old November 7th, 2012 (04:24 AM).
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I was prematurely born, I could've died or something...
then there was the time I got hit by a rusty bolt on the elbow, and the time I fell down the stairs twice. Basically I almost died several times.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 7th, 2012 (06:34 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Lots of troubled births on PokeCommunity XD.

I nearly got hit by a car once when I was four years old. I got screeched at by my mother for like half an hour after that, that felt more like being in the death zone than my near-miss with the car

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 7th, 2012 (06:36 AM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
I was prematurely born, I could've died or something... i was in hospital for 3 months and i had an operation in April 2 months after i was born so.... yeah
one day i was cycling to my school and i was late school so. i was in a hurry i almost got hit my a bus

Old November 7th, 2012 (07:14 AM).
Down, Sword Hand!

Let's see here. As far as I can remember there have been three moments where I could have died. Once when I was like eight I stopped in the middle of the road to pick up a toy which had fell off of my little brother's backpack. Once when I was around sixteen I was crossing the street with my older brother and would have been hit if my brother hadn't pulled me out of the way. For the next one I was eighteen. I almost drowned in one of those wave pools because my foot slipped over the line separating the shallow end from the deep end and seeing as I can't swim I was panicking.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old November 7th, 2012 (11:09 PM).
Banned

Nature: Jolly
I've never been nearly killed, but I watched my brother almost get run over by a speeding car. It wasn't his fault at all, he just happened to be crossing a crosswalk when a high speed chase just decided to occur and blast through the area. The car sped out of the side road and slammed into a lady's car, sped off, and about 10 police cars came after it following it. There was a hell of a lot of commotion, it resulted from some shooting and understandably all over the news. News spreads fast here in Hawaii, so pretty much everyone knew about it either by word of mouth or on the road when dealing with the traffic.

Oh, good lord the traffic. Traffic was backed up for about 2 hours. It was dusk by time we were home. The bus we were to take home was 2 hours late and even then it took about half an hour to get off at our stop, at the bottom of a hill and we walked uphill for half an hour. And got home at 6:00 PM.

Memorable day, it truly was.

I wish I could say it had almost happened to me, that would be far more interesting.
Old November 8th, 2012 (01:04 PM).
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
I almost got hit by a speeding car when I was 17 along with coming up close with a mountain lion when walking home one time, there are other times when I faced death as well but I'm not talking about those.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 8th, 2012 (07:52 PM).
Through & Beyond

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Skylight.
This has happened to me quite a bit actually. Just the other day I was riding on a bike to the movies and and a truck if pulling out a apartment complex and the driver came out quick, I knew he was not going to see me or to stop on time so I swerve out of his way and on the street I had cars behind me. I was pretty close to being hit.

The other times are when I'm skateboarding, there will be gaps or drops I will try to trick over and I land in the street. I got hit, but nothing big, the other times the drivers had stopped luckily. There was one time I went to go to the plaza and I crossed the street this one guy nearly ran me over, he had ran a red lite. The funny thing is he flipped me off, this world is full of lovely people.
Old November 8th, 2012 (11:52 PM).
Prinny Instructor

Nature: Calm
Well, my appendix nearly burst in me when I was six, but I'm not sure if that would have killed me or not...possibly, I guess. It was taken out before it got the chance, thankfully.

I've lost count of the number of times I've almost been hit by cars, though. I had one very close shave in College a few years ago: we always had to cross a busy road to get in, and I was shoved out into the road by an absent-minded friend from behind who mistakenly thought the lights were red. They were, but not for the cars, and as a result I very nearly found myself decorating the front of one. It took me a while to develop any road sense, so that wasn't the only time.
Old November 9th, 2012 (02:21 AM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by Drakow:
Have you ever been in the death zone before? If yes, how often are you death zoned and how did you get out of it?

The death zone is basically any time when you've nearly been killed / potentially killed.
ERMAHGERD NO STEALING MY TITLE! THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE MY THREAD COPYCAT D:

Actually this has happened to me several times before. When I was in about 4th or 5th grade and I was riding bikes with a friend. He was ahead and I was trailing behind. Suddenly I was going too fast and lost control of my bike and speed in the middle of traffic. Luckily I was able to hit the brakes before a car was about to hit me and the driver halted before I was ran over.

I have also been almost jumped/robbed before and possibly could of died. Once when I was walking home from school junior year of high school I was cornered by a guy who asked me if I had any money for bus fares and when I said I had none, he chased me down an alley only to tell me he was "joking". What sick person does that? And then the people who tried to steal my iPod during the summer one year and knocked my drink out of my hand. The ended right after that fortunately with iPod still with me intact.

So I have been at near death many times.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old November 9th, 2012 (04:15 AM).
give me the words
CS

Nature: Mild
Oh yes, I remember something. I remember when I was really young, I fell face first into a paddle pool filled with water. Having little strength to push myself up and out of the pool as a toddler, mum had to snatch me out of the pool asap.
Old November 9th, 2012 (04:29 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
A few years back I was going to get my dinner when I cut my forehead on a door and I was bleeding everywhere, if I hadn't have been rushed to hospital for a stitches operation I would have died. What is now left is a pretty big scar.

Also, I often sometimes find myself close to getting hit by cars since I have to cross the road a lot to get to work.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs
adoption center mentor | fairy club | #teamtrivia

Old November 9th, 2012 (05:10 AM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

I was my own worst nightmare, I used to be a danger-seeking child so I often got into situations that would've turned quickly to an early demise.
Old November 9th, 2012 (05:14 AM).
Crystal Tier

I would have walked of a cliff as a kid if a nice tourist hadn't noticed me and pulled me away from the rocks! Aren't tourists just amazing, rescuing clueless children from the crushing death gravity offers while the child's parents are off drinking?
Old November 9th, 2012 (11:28 AM).
Super Moderator
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Stormbringer
I'm allergic to Walnuts, and accidently ate some when I was three -throat got swollen shut, needed emergency Benadryl to stop the reaction, (Which is the only other thing I'm allergic to) etc. Not fun.

Sponsored Links