Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Pokestar!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old November 3rd, 2012 (05:54 PM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by pinta77:
How fun would it be if in a future game, team Rocket got their hands on a mecha Tyranitar and you had to fight it!?
Very.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Pokéstar addition. I mean, it is a cool idea, but it doesn't appeal to me personally. I prefer things like contests where you're showcasing your own Pokémon that you've worked hard to train for the contests you're doing and where there's quite a lot of variation in what you have to do :3 However, this might just be because I'm seriously bad at the Pokéstar studios lmao. I can't even beat the Elgyem in the first space invaders film so I'm not sure I'm really cut out for being a movie star haha. I do like the idea of fighting props though, that's pretty fun!
Old November 5th, 2012 (02:46 AM).
Riddled with pokerus

Nature: Naughty
It's definitely better than the musicals, which I never really got my head around. But it is a shame that you are forced to do the movies first time around with rented Pokemon. It feels like going through the motions when what I really want to do is use my own choices. Surely picking the right pokemon with the appropriate moveset is the real challenge here?

I've yet to see a sidegame yet which is as good as the Pokeathlon in HeartGold/SoulSilver though. I spent ages with that!
Old November 5th, 2012 (04:25 AM).

I like this Pokestar thing. It was annoying to get through a few movies, knowing that the opponent might just be higher in level, like Mecha Tyranitar 2...yeah, that was hard to go through. There was Brycen-Man Strikes Back Harder, which made me shoot for lots of times, knowing that I have to defeat 6 Pokemon using one and there's only 6 turns to do so. I kinda like the whole storyline once it got into the theaters...Love and Battles' final movie was a good one...but it was strange. I'm already dead? xD Yeah, the end result was awesome...they're always awesome, at least a few do end well. But well...sometimes there are some anomalies, like Brycen-Man's movie...when he obtained the Brycen Jet...how come the Jet's talking? That was flat-out strange. And one other thing...if Brycen-Man's who I'd attack anyway, how come he was changed by a prop? I guess it's because he'd have to strike back, and he can't do so. That's one. The same goes with Timegate Traveler's Black Belt with the same reason.
Old November 7th, 2012 (06:58 AM).
Pokesho fan

Nature: Bold
Are you supposed to fail your first bouts with this thing? The rental pokemon are terrible. The chances of you pulling off the script is miniscule. I just want my damn Pokestar entrance star. Being the perfectionist I am, I try to succeed the rental pokemon shoots first(they make you anyway), and I'm not going anywhere.

Currently playing as of 10/26/2012: POKEMON WHITE 2
FC: 3826 6533 5813
Crazy Shenanigans - Click Me
Old November 7th, 2012 (10:01 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The rental Pokemon you're given out at Pokestar Studios are meant to fulfill the given scripts of the movies you're doing. As long as you follow the scripts, you should get a good ending for the movies. If you want your own Pokemon to have those entrance stars, it might be a good idea for them to have movesets that are similar to the rental Pokemon you used.

Old November 7th, 2012 (11:18 AM).
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Ya, The rental Pokémon are set up perfectly for each situation. You must be missing something. Try asking the door man for an explanation again
Old November 7th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
Pokesho fan

In the second brycen film, you get a Herdier and you are supposed to roar out the roggenrola on the first turn. I get rock blasted to yellow health. I roar second due to reduced priority. Second turn, I get killed after getting a bite off, but can't ko the second pokemon. This happens every time. Doesn't help that the Herdier is underleveled compared to the enemy pokemon.

Old November 7th, 2012 (01:12 PM).
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
When can you use your own Pokemon for it, anyway? When you beat all the movies?
Old November 7th, 2012 (02:14 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
When you get a certain amount of money from a movie I think...I got mine with the third Time traveler...or maybe it's when you complete a series, or fill the seats in the movie showing, one of those three.

They are actually quite easy, as long as you say the appropriate lines that the director likes (the opponent uses weaker moves on you if you do so).
Old November 7th, 2012 (05:45 PM).
Exploring Kalos

Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
As soon as you get a good ending in a certain movie with the rental Pokemon, you can then use your own Pokemon in that movie.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 127 Obtained 108
Kalos Medals: 84
Kalos Ribbons: 11

Old November 7th, 2012 (06:00 PM).
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by sunshinesan:
In the second brycen film, you get a Herdier and you are supposed to roar out the roggenrola on the first turn. I get rock blasted to yellow health. I roar second due to reduced priority. Second turn, I get killed after getting a bite off, but can't ko the second pokemon. This happens every time. Doesn't help that the Herdier is underleveled compared to the enemy pokemon.
It's not just the script you have to follow, you also need to pick "good" lines. Picking "Alright" or "Bad" lines will cause your opponent to use stronger moves and make your Rental Pokemon fail.

You can find info on the lines used in each movie here.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old November 7th, 2012 (06:20 PM).
Banned

Nature: Jolly
Think about it this way. When films are being made, do you think they always get everything right the first time around? Or do they have to do multiple takes to achieve that perfection?

Random criticals and horrible luck abound.
Old November 7th, 2012 (06:25 PM).

Nature: Mild
This game involves a lot of luck. Sometimes you get some status or get super effective on yourself or others.

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old November 8th, 2012 (12:02 PM).

I think the pokestar is better than the contests and musicals.I actually stopped doing the main story to try out some of the movies.Though it would be good to get some pokebucks for doing it.I also liked the fact that the protagonist talked more than just Yes and No.I've tried to get strange endings but only got it a couple times.
Old November 8th, 2012 (02:19 PM).
Pokesho fan

Quote originally posted by Syltti:
It's not just the script you have to follow, you also need to pick "good" lines. Picking "Alright" or "Bad" lines will cause your opponent to use stronger moves and make your Rental Pokemon fail.

You can find info on the lines used in each movie here.
Yeah, the lines part I can just follow a guide, it's the battles that make it seem impossible. I'll give it another go randomly when I feel like it again, which won't be another while. There's too much to do in the game anyway.

Old November 8th, 2012 (04:42 PM).
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
I'm actually amazed you can fail using the rental Pokemon. The only times I've ever failed using them was when I picked a wrong line or got lolcrit'd. Other than that, I've gotten through every movie I've shot so far perfectly.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old November 8th, 2012 (06:48 PM).

Well, you seem to be lucky, then! (I have to retry many times...)

Old November 8th, 2012 (06:52 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Smeargle keeps OHKOing me with Guillotine. And this romance scene is soooo cheesy haha.
Old November 9th, 2012 (04:21 AM).

guillotine? You are defo using the wrong line then, He wouldnt use guilltone if you were using the right line. :lol.

I think only the later episodes(like episodes 3 or 4 of a movie ) tend to be harder , the first of a series are quite easy normally.

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old November 9th, 2012 (05:32 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Yeah probably. I thought you had to defeat him in exactly 8 scenes or whatever it was.
Old November 15th, 2012 (09:15 AM).
A new idea sprouts

I loled, using voltorb's explosion in the magical door series. All for the strange endings. I really like strange endings.
Old November 15th, 2012 (03:58 PM).
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Loved them. The money issue? Nah. I always have enough money from beating the Elite 4. :D I just do it for fun. The part where your character having dialogues is good.
Old November 15th, 2012 (04:44 PM).
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
I do it when I'm bored, but I can't do too many at a time. I wish they would give us money though, I keep splurging my pokémoney on my maxed out Join Avenue.
Old November 15th, 2012 (09:38 PM).

Quote originally posted by sunshinesan:
Yeah, I got rock blasted first turn and my Herdier fainted before I could do anything.

And speaking of which, some of the strange and bad endings to the movies are really dark for a Pokemon game.
Old November 16th, 2012 (10:28 PM).

My favorite series is Timegate Traveller. How about everyone else?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links