Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:23 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Any chance that someone else can host the Christmas event? cause I mean, there has to be one...

maybe a collaboration...?

EDIT: just saw that this thread has 3000 posts. yay!
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100

Last edited by jdthebud; November 7th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Omg I didn't even notice that I made the 3000th post! Congratz, thread!! :D

And yes, we do need a Christmas event, maybe if we could make up some ideas together? :D

How about, instead of receiving gifts, we give them away? :D So the player would have to give away (release) a Pokemon after every gym, so he can play Santa Clause! And he would need to have at least 1 Santa related Pokemon on the team that he/she can't give away as a present.
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
If someone else wants to host one, it'd be totally fine as long as I'm PMed about it and it's arranged at least like...maybe 4 days before posted? The only thing about that is that I don't want someone running it that I don't think could handle it...cause they do get to be stressful. But I'm totally open to suggestions and such for it, or if someone just wanted to rehash the one from last year, that's fine too. I just need to be notified and it has to be approved first. :)

I wouldn't like a challenge where I gradually release my team though. ;-; That's not Christmas-y! We have to raise baby Jesus Pokemon. Duh.

edit: Oh and if someone else does make an event and their thread is ugly and unattractive, I will totally go through and edit it and make it pretty because events need to look nice imo maybe i'm ocd BYE

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Baby jesus pokemon! Yes!

We also need a hannukah event. FIRE POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm, perhaps one of the rules is that your pokemon have to be either red or green or ice types? Or maybe it could be a challenge set up like a pine tree where your pokemon and the rules relate in different ways?
...*
...^
..^^
.^^^
^^^^
...U

SO, in that format... P# = Pokemon R# = Rule
l or / or \ = Applies To/Pathway
... = placeholder

......P6
.......l
......R6
....../ \
....P4 P5
..../ \ / \
..R4 P3 R5
../ \ / \ / \
P1 R2 R3 P2
..\...\../.../
.......R1

You follow the paths from the bottom up to determine the rules for a specific pokemon. By following all the possible paths, those are the rules that pokemon gets. P1 and P2 would have R1. P3 would have R1, R2, and R3. P4 would have R1, R2, R3, and R4. P5 would have R1, R2, R3 and R5. And lastly, P6 would have R1,R2,R3,R4,R5 and R6.

Make sense? And the rules could be Christmas related too! Also, we could have a list of rules, say 10. By putting 1-10 into a random generator, you could figure out which rule is which. So perhaps you generate random number 10, so rule 10 in the list becomes your rules 1 in the pine tree. I'm sure if you weren't naughty, Santa will give you lots of goodies! but maybe, you'll get some coal! ;)

Does this make any sense? Or am I just crazy?!?!?!? This is probably too complicated though for the event. :(

EDIT: Sorry this is super messy. it was fine until i posted it, but then it decided the spaces I put didn't exist, so I had to put all the periods... :(
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

I think you're crazy cause I didn't understand lol. @_@ Though I like the idea of Hanukkah in the challenge. My nickname is Jew, so of course I'm into that idea haha. :P

Old November 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
11wildy
Me!

Neither did I to be honest, but it could potentially be good if it would be a bit easyer.

Baby Jezus hmm? How about a baby Pokemon which always have to be the highest leveled in the team? :D
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Baby Jesus Pokemon could follow rules from the Christian challenge. So no evolving, no vitamins, no Psychic/Dark/Ghost moves or typing...lmao.

For the record, for an event, I don't like things to be too complicated, especially after the get together fiasco. lol Or have too much relying on other players. That's the downfall in those is that some people sign up and forget to ever look at the challenge again. Sillies.

Old November 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Waaaaaaaa! Aw man!

It's simple guys! Just start at R1, and follow it up. It's interesting because different pokemon get different rules assigned!!! eh? EH? NO?! awwww. :'(

Menorah based challenge should happen right now! Or something to do with latkes. Baby Jesus Latke Menorah pine tree challenge event!!!
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM
11wildy
Me!

I do like Jezus being based on the Christian challenge idea. And maybe add in a few other simple rules, to make it a bit more challenging, or team restrictions, which makes me puzzle to form it into a monotype again. (As long as you make that possible I'll participate XD)
Old November 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
DON"T WORRY GOLURK I GOT WHAT YOU"RE SAYING AND I LIKE IT.

Lemme try with a pikshure.

Also we could totes do a Hannukah challenge similar perhaps?

http://imgur.com/RH19g
Here's my take on it. Only put in like 5 optional rules, but you can see how there are different ways to get to most of the Pokemon spots, depending on if you really don't like a rule (like if rule 2 was 'The Pokemon must be Grass Type, and you really don't want to use a Grass type or something, you can go the long way to it!) Of course, sometimes it would be impossible to do, like if Rule 1 was Ice Type, and rule 10 was Grass type, and you were playing before Snover. In that case they could like reroll or something?

Last edited by myrrhman; November 7th, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old November 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Maybe combine all the holidays at the end of December? Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Yule (winter solstice), maybe even New Year's. I think that would allow for some good variety if each team member represents a holiday.

Any other holiday suggestions?
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

WE NEED ROSH HASHANAH IN THE MIX

Old November 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Ok, I put in my picture ^ up there. What do you guys think? We would have to think of a lot of rules (do we want to just make holiday related rules like I have, or should we just have a bunch of different rules from like all the challenges combined?) so that they could have a large pool of rules to choose from so that each challenge is unique. And that's supposed to be a Christmas tree, I would definitely fix the base lol.
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Woah you made it much more intense! :D

And yeah, i was thinking about that. Like if you were to get "green" and "ice-type." Near impossible except for abomasnow and castform, and those two are pushing it. SO the rules need to be general, and there need to be some exceptions, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out! :D

Some rules could be....
Spoiler:

• green
  • red
  • white
  • ice-type
  • grass-type
  • in wild must be able to hold item (presents)
  • if it faints it dies
  • must be related to presents: delibird, chansey, etc...?
  • "store bought" (so: man-made non-organic pokemon like magnemite or porygon)
  • still a child (must be NFE, no non-evolvers)
  • mistletoe (pokemon must have a kissing related move. Or must be a Jynx/Smoochum)
  • Hannukah (must learn a different fire-type attack after each gym. Or must be a chandelure/litwick/lampent)
And those are just now, off the top of my head. :)
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Wait wait wait WHOA WHOA WHOA. WHOA. HEY. HEY. HEY.

Since WHEN is Castform GREEN?

Old November 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Tman109ner

I have 2 ideas:

Egg Swap Challenge
- Once 4 or more people join the challenge, all the participants egg swap 5 eggs with each other and trade them to whatever game they are playing to hatch them.
-This could work on Gen 4/5 easiest but could also be done with just regular trading in VBA Link.

Not My Pokemon Challenge
-This challenge would be done by only using pokemon you receive from other players in the game. This includes Gift Pokemon, traded pokemon, egg's that the player is randomly given, and I bet there are a few more circumstances.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
I have 2 ideas:

Egg Swap Challenge
- Once 4 or more people join the challenge, all the participants egg swap 5 eggs with each other and trade them to whatever game they are playing to hatch them.
-This could work on Gen 4/5 easiest but could also be done with just regular trading in VBA Link.

Not My Pokemon Challenge
-This challenge would be done by only using pokemon you receive from other players in the game. This includes Gift Pokemon, traded pokemon, egg's that the player is randomly given, and I bet there are a few more circumstances.
Way too similar to the failed GT event that I never want to think about again. -shudders- Like I said, I don't want an event that relies heavily on other participants, especially after how badly the GT event went this year. Even the year before which wasn't as badly affected by deadweight participants, it still hurt the challenge. So...yeah. No more of those.

Old November 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Tman109ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Way too similar to the failed GT event that I never want to think about again. -shudders- Like I said, I don't want an event that relies heavily on other participants, especially after how badly the GT event went this year. Even the year before which wasn't as badly affected by deadweight participants, it still hurt the challenge. So...yeah. No more of those.
Oh well, maybe a personal challenge.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:53 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Wait wait wait WHOA WHOA WHOA. WHOA. HEY. HEY. HEY.

Since WHEN is Castform GREEN?

Lol Ice Castform is what I meant, which you didn't get since you're not telepathic for some reason?! XD
Great reaction though lol. XD

Thinking back on it, castform wouldn't even work since it's just a forme. Ah well. I tried?
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Warrior Garcia
Unhatched Egg

How about a challenge where a pokemon gains 10 levels, then has to be released.
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

That's actually pretty interesting, only problem is GSC/HGSS would be nearly impossible after beating Johto...
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Baby Jesus Pokemon? So our starter would be Larvesta? xD

For a Christmas challenge perhaps we could have to have Delibird to start and always have it know Present? And it always has to be the strongest Pokemon on our team, to make sure we keep using it xD And perhaps for other rules we could only have Ice-types in our party? If we used Abomasnow it could be a Dreaming of a White Christmas Challenge x3
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

I've done too many challenges where Delibird is involved and not looking forward to more... :(

HM. A Christmas themed Scramble challenge IDK.

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:20 PM
11wildy
Me!

But a scramble relies on other players again, which is not very good for an event. And I'm already doing a mono-ice on Ruby did one on Diamond and Crystal. So if we were to monotype it with ice, only first and last gen are availabl for me ;3
Old November 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Is there anyway that there could be a challenge based off Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas or something? I would elaborate, but I'm tired and want to sleep, so tomorrow. XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links