The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old November 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness

Advertise here
I've recently tried the Rental Tournament of B/W2's PWT, & had disastrous results: Three losses, with two of them being in the first round. I then began thinking, is playing with rental Pokémon all boil down to luck & a gamble?

Since playing around with rental Pokémon have been around since, well I don't know how long... at least beginning at Emerald, if not earlier...? Share your delights &/or anguish when it comes to using rental Pokémon. Is it a blast that offers more to the playing experience? Or is it something that only results in the eventual throwing of your system/controller?

If you're one of those people that can make rental Pokémon work for you, please tell me how you do that as well. I'm hoping that there's more to it than just being lucky.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
IMO, rental Pokemon are good ways of testing your skills in battle. Even if you end up with a terrible moveset (like sweeping sets tied to the wrong attacking stat, like the Special attacking Dugtrio in Pt/HG/SS), you'll have to try and make the most out of that set's strategy.

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Rental Pokemon are always epic fail to me, sometimes I find myself forfeiting in the earlier rounds or after my best team member goes down.

Also, I even forfeit if my rental Pokemon have a terrible moveset. No wonder I retired from rental battles.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Nature: Quirky
They should have set up the rental pokemon like they did for the Pokestar Pokemon; They gave you the moveset you needed to pull off your goal, as long as you had an accurate understanding of the moves they had.
But I'm thinking they just set the pokemon to randomized movesets and called it a day. If they had set up the teams all to have specific strategies that are dangerous if done right, then the Whole Rental pokemon concept wouldn't seem so sour.

PM me for info about this project.

Old November 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
The rental pokemon are awful in b2w2. They were decent in E/Pt/HGSS.
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
I just keep getting new sets until I get 3 Pokemon that all work together and then I sweep through. I haven't had much luck in normal Rentals, but Rental Masters? Won 12 times.
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I never had any trouble playing the Rental tournament. I usually just pick the three that look like they work the best if I don't do Double or Triple battles. I found Rental to be really easy.
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:39 AM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
The rental pokemon are awful in b2w2. They were decent in E/Pt/HGSS.
Hah, I gotta agree with you. Well, except for dat Boufallant (forgive mah spelling) With the life orb, most aren't very good.

But then again, it usually just take 1-2 attacks to knock your opponent's Pokemon out and vice versa.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here