The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:26 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Most of us have a place where we hang around in the game a lot. Like for intense battlers, some could be lurking around the renovated Battle Frontier. Maybe your a fisher and found around the clear blue sea?

Do you adore being surrounded by beautiful,untouched forests waiting to be explored? Or huge, modern cities filled with chatting people? Maybe even you're found in arenas or contest halls, dressed in an elegant dress or tuxedo...

Where do you hang around most in HG/SS or D/P/Pt. Why do you lurk around there? Share where you like to hang around here :D.
. :p
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
In HGSS I had a variety of different areas where I'd often ponder around, train or try and find hidden items. The Elite Four was probably the place where I'm found the most, mainly due to the fact that while completeing my main journey, my pokemon were relatively undeleveled before facing them, so I used them as a training method, swithcing my weaker pokemon out with a stronger pokemon as soon as the battle had begun. I was also quite attracted toward Azalea town, I think it was due to Kurt and the balls he crafted, which I heavily relied upon to catch Entei, Suicune and Raikou.

In DPPt, having not played it in awhile, I can't quite remember where I'd usually hang around. I think when I got bored, I'd often just fly to random places around the region and cycle through already explored routes in hope to find something that I didn't uncover on my first exploration. I definitely can remember wandering around Victory Road quite a bit, (again, it was a good place to train), but other than that, I don't think I had really any.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
In my SS I'm at the Pokeathlon all the time lol, you can't get enough evolution stones haha. I'm also at the Elite Four alot too.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Usually I lurk around the Pokemon League to be honest. I'm an intense battler who loves level grinding, it just gives tremendous satisfaction. Although you don't gain experience from participating in the Battle Frontier, I loved getting prizes and beating hard trainers who gave me a challenge.

I used to hang around in the contest hall but now contests aren't my thing. They just don't have that spark I'm looking for anymore. Fishing is one of my Pokemon hobbies, I love standing around, fishing for beautiful Pokemon.

Ah and the Pokeathlon along with the National Park. On Tuesdays and Saturdays, I'd eagerly participate in the Bug Contest, it didn't matter whether I was a winner or not, at least it was something enjoyable!

The Pokeathlon tested my skills outside battling. Pokemon to me was more than battling and the Pokeathlon showed it. I adored participating in the Speed Course, even though I'd constantly fall over all those silly hurdles D:.
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:00 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
In Johto the bug-catching contest and Cherrygrove City; Sinnoh would be Floaroma Meadow and Solaceon Town doing jobs for the news press guy haha
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I mostly hand around Goldenrod city (lovely place), the Pokeathlon Dome and the Battle Tower.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

The place I hang around the most in HeartGold would be Goldenrod City. It has the Game Corner, Radio Tower and GTS Building, as well as being right near the Pokeathlon Dome/National Park, and just north of the Daycare Center.

The only place I can recall spending a lot of time in Platinum was Jubilife City. It had the Lucky Number Drawing inside Jubilife TV and the GTS building, both of which I would check often.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
In Platinum, I hung out in the Battle Zone post-game because of the Battle Frontier there. In HG/SS, I hung around Goldenrod a lot because the Day Care Center was nearby.

Old September 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

In Johto I was always either in the Battle Frontier or Pokéathlon. These two areas made the game amazing for me and I wasted soooo much time playing them both xD As for Sinnoh, I spent a lot of time in Eterna Forest and the area just outside it chaining for shinies (Buizel/Buneary) and I also spent a lot of time in the Snowpoint mountains because they were sooooo cool n.n I just loved that whole area, it made the game feel so much more complete x]
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
In Johto I was always either in the Battle Frontier or Pokéathlon. These two areas made the game amazing for me and I wasted soooo much time playing them both xD As for Sinnoh, I spent a lot of time in Eterna Forest and the area just outside it chaining for shinies (Buizel/Buneary) and I also spent a lot of time in the Snowpoint mountains because they were sooooo cool n.n I just loved that whole area, it made the game feel so much more complete x]
I chain around Valley Windworks , I'm hoping for the day I find that awesome,shiny Pachirisu xD.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:04 PM
TechnoEK
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
SS: I hang around Elite Four and Goldenrod a lot. EE for obvious reasons, and Goldenrod because GTS, Bug Catching and Atmosphere.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely
I don't have Platinum anymore but I really just hovered around and leveling my Pokemon. As for SS, I need to play that a little more. Yeah... Not really exciting when it comes to these things am I?
Old September 30th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I hang around the Resort Area a lot, especially in Platinum since my villa (aka my new home) is situated there. It's always interesting to see what new guests arrive to talk with.

I'm also known to explore Team Galactic's old headquarters from time to time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:58 AM
何贤豪

Me? As of now, I'd hang around in the Battle Frontier...all in favor of beating down all of the Brains.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Bubbles987
Ace Trainer

Nature: Sassy
I'd have to say the Canalave Library. First off, the Canalave city music. It's so beautiful. I can just imagine myself leaning over the railing of a boat, hair blowing in the breeze, inhaling the sweet scent of the ocean, and pulling up to the docks...

Second, the books on Sinnoh. I know them all by heart ;) The myths of Sinnoh and it's philosophy always interested me! (Maybe I should start going to church?)

Ultimately, it's a beautiful city, and me loving the ocean, makes it even better.
One of the many reasons I love Sinnoh.
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
I'm almost always at Hearthome, or Solaceon.

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Newton
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
It depands. If I am leveling up pokemon or trying to evolve them, I spend a lot of my time in that grass area before you entre the cave to battle Red.

For fun or to get items like stones, bug catching contest and Pokeathlon. I love it, its fun to play, and passes the time. It also near the day care centre.
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Wheaties

Send a message via AIM to Wheaties
I usually am on Pearl the most because I've had it so long it's become the place where I collect and store all the pokémon from other games that are special or I want to keep..
I'm usually in Solaceon because of the daycare/hatching eggs or up at Route 229 leveling.
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

In Mt. Silver.

- Training with Red.
- Breathing the heavy air.
- Training my Pokemons, Pikachu lv.100, Shiny Gyrados lv.100, Shaymin(SKYFORM) lv 96, Shiny Charizard lv100, Lucario lv.97, and Darkrai lv.100.
- I stay there because my journey ended like Red in the Pokemon Journeys.
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

In HGSS, I like to hang around in Goldenrod. It's my favorite town in the game, it has the daycare and access to Kanto by train.

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:27 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
In D/P/P, I spent a lot of time on the Solaceon Pike, hatching eggs while I kept getting more from the day-care man. Also ran some errands for the newspaper.

In HG/SS, I go to Goldenrod a lot because, well, it's Goldenrod and there's so much to do there. But I like going everywhere since there are all kinds of places!
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I don't usually stay in one place for a long time in my Diamond game. I just fly to random places, to random cities, battle the people who lost to me once, and train my Piplup, who, as I remember, is around level 96. But if I had to choose one place to stay, it would be in the contest hall. I like Dawn's outfit. Haha.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

(Trying to keep this alive)

In D/P/Pt I usually hang around the Contest Hall cos I love Dawn's contest dress and the cute music gets me hooked.

For HG/SS it would be Ecruteak City cos I adore the Japanese-sounding music in the Dance Theater.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old November 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Correspondence

Id' probably hang around Goldenrod or the pokeathlon in HG/SS for obvious reasons.

In Platinum after the post game stuff i'd usually hang around the the survival area to battle the gym leaders and the rival again.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

In the 4th Gen games, I was often breeding and RNG abusing Pokemon. I'd fly to any place to hatch the egg in a 'cool' location, like Seafoam Islands if I'm hatching a Water type Pokemon. I was also trading a lot, so I'd be in a Pokemon Center or in the GTS building. If I needed to quickly train something, I'd fly to the (Platinum's) Survival Area's Battleground or Saffron City's Dojo to rebattle the Gym Leaders.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here