The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Naruto200
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Okay, if guys can make a big deal about freaking my little poney, then I'm allowed to admit one of my favorite shows being something else intended for the teen/younger girls audience. And if the title isn't obvious enough, it's Tokyo Mew Mew!

The characters are solid, the plot is simple, and it doesn't have any deus ex machinima stuff. (IE: Goku going supersayain for the first time) It's a decently drawn/animated show too. In all honesty, if you like Sailor Moon, you're good to at least check it out.

The shows only downfall is that the character development is good but it's usually only covered in one or two episodes. It's also a little repetitive, but that's not too bad.

Hate it, love it, discuss it here!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Marril
Jamming to my T u n e s . . .

Nature: Quiet
I remember when this anime would come on television. But then again I never watched it before!

I liked the characters, and even though it was a shoujo it is a very good anime. Perhaps I should watch them and see for myself. XD
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
It was so cute! It's one of my first anime I've ever watched =)
I would advise it to anyone who likes shoujo/mahou shoujo =)
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Naruto200
Togepi

Yeah, another good one was Card Capture Sakura.
But tokyo mew mew had better characters, and the plot was easier to follow. ._.
All of them had different personalities, which is one thing I hate when all the characters are about the same but they only have different 'quirks'.

what I HATE about people is when you suggest a Shoujo they're like WTFLMFAO or something. Shoujo is just as interesting as any other form of anime/manga. And often it's a lot more entertaining for some shows. (Divergence Eve anyone :3 )

In all honesty, it's a really underated show, I think too many people are way too caught up in the whole 'mainstream rulez' fad... generally people like to think, "if it's not mainstream, it's crap" ....

I honestly love Pudding (no homo ._. get yo mind outta da gutter! XD) cause she talks in third person lol Zakuro is another favorite :3 dem puppy dog ears :D
And she's rich <_<

My only complaint to the show in the english dub is how retarded they made english speaking sound....seriously...they made it...ugh...
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yuri Lowell
one more time.

Aaaah, Tokyo Mew Mew was my favorite series back in 2003, up until 2005ish. Then I watched the dub until it stopped in 2006ish. To this day, I still want them to re-dub that series, maybe have Funimation license it, because they could do it soooo much better.
boy, you should know what you're fallin' for.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Naruto200
Togepi

Yes, funimation must do the dubbing if they remake it
Also KEEP THE ORIGINAL NAMES.
A lot of animes use the original japanese names even in the english dub, why is this one any different?

On top of that, the names they replaced them with are terrible ._.
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Marril
Jamming to my T u n e s . . .

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Aaaah, Tokyo Mew Mew was my favorite series back in 2003, up until 2005ish. Then I watched the dub until it stopped in 2006ish. To this day, I still want them to re-dub that series, maybe have Funimation license it, because they could do it soooo much better.
I loved 4Kids dub voices. /shot
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marril View Post
I loved 4Kids dub voices. /shot
/quietly plants a gun on Drew

I remember this anime. I remember watching it and really liked it; kind of reminded me of Sailor Moon so I was following it for quite a while. Not sure why I stopped watching it, or when for that matter.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto200 View Post
In all honesty, it's a really underated show, I think too many people are way too caught up in the whole 'mainstream rulez' fad... generally people like to think, "if it's not mainstream, it's crap" ....
On the contrary, I'm starting to think that mainstream = crap =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto200 View Post
Also KEEP THE ORIGINAL NAMES.
A lot of animes use the original japanese names even in the english dub, why is this one any different?

On top of that, the names they replaced them with are terrible ._.
Agree, agree, agree. I first saw the anime in English dub so I became adapated to Zoey, Mint and I don't know who else... and then once I decided to rewatch it in Japanese and was surprised that they had different names o.O
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Naruto200
Togepi

Yeah, mainstream is kinda....well...predictable.
Actually most animes are predictable to a fault at some point once you grasp the plot more.

You know, just once, I'd like to see a show where it's the bad guys trying to be good guys (I mean legitimately trying to be good, like wreck it ralph, not their 'twisted sense of honor' kind of good) but the good guys don't accept them. It would be kind of entertaining to see the opposites collide in a different way than usual :3

<_<
Fun Fact, I have a TMM fanfic that I'm almost finished with (procrastinating big time cause I'm nervous about what people will think of the conclusion) but I don't know if I want to link to it on PC. It's not got hardly any attention on fanfiction.net. but meh..

I think the main reason is that compared to other animes, it's fanbase is rather small.
It's like comparing the fanbase of Halo to the fanbase of packman
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

I watched this a while ago, and whilst as far as magical girl anime go I prefer the Pretty Cure franchise, I found this to be quite a good anime; it didn't drag on and it was just the right mix of character development and over-the-top battle sequences. I particularly like Mew Lettuce, the only green-coloured magical girl I've not despised; she was very sweet, and had an absolutely fantastic theme.

I watched this subbed, but I'd love to watch the dub somewhen. Being a child of the 90s, I can remember when English dubbing was fantastically creative and horrendously cheesy, and if the line "Mew Mew style, Mew Mew grace, Mew Mew Power in your face!" is anything to go by, I would LOVE the dub.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links