The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Advertise here
So a post in the two years ago thread gave me this idea! How do you think Unova was first discovered? When exactly (since it is true that Village Bridge is around 200 years ago, that's all we really know about Unova's age)? Do you think they set out to find Unova? Would've a team of gym leaders been on the journey? What places do you think were first built? What would've been the selling point to get people to come to Unova instead of whatever region they were in? And so on! Discuss your thoughts! n_n
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Would've a team of gym leaders been on the journey? What places do you think were first built?
...Given what we know of Unova having the Relic Castle/ruins and the nearby house ruins in W2 as well, something along those lines would have been first built. I think that'd have been before more modern times too with gym leaders and whatnot. Those buildings suggest people lived in Unova for well over 200 years; usually towns don't disappear under sand overnight.
__________________


Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
The BBS Forums!
Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!
Home of Wynaut? Webzine; looking for contributors!
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Mr. X's Avatar
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
...Given what we know of Unova having the Relic Castle/ruins and the nearby house ruins in W2 as well, something along those lines would have been first built. I think that'd have been before more modern times too with gym leaders and whatnot. Those buildings suggest people lived in Unova for well over 200 years; usually towns don't disappear under sand overnight.
They didn't disappear under sand, but the Mayans sure did one hell of a disappearing act.

Anyway, I doubt that gym leaders were a part of the first colinzation efforts.

Generally, you don't send a lot of people to a unknown place and tell them to explore and settle everywhere. You have them settle in a single place first, scout out the area, then slowly expand.
__________________
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
...Given what we know of Unova having the Relic Castle/ruins and the nearby house ruins in W2 as well, something along those lines would have been first built. I think that'd have been before more modern times too with gym leaders and whatnot. Those buildings suggest people lived in Unova for well over 200 years; usually towns don't disappear under sand overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
They didn't disappear under sand, but the Mayans sure did one hell of a disappearing act.

Anyway, I doubt that gym leaders were a part of the first colinzation efforts.

Generally, you don't send a lot of people to a unknown place and tell them to explore and settle everywhere. You have them settle in a single place first, scout out the area, then slowly expand.
Oh by gym leaders I was thinking the "elite" at the time of Unova's creation. And by elite I kind of thought gym leaders. But yeah idk, where do you think they'd have settled, then? I wonder if it'd have been like Castelia, given that's one of the most advanced locations tbh. Plus a port, too!
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Brendino's Avatar
Brendino
#fpt2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colombie-Britannique
Age: 22
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Oh by gym leaders I was thinking the "elite" at the time of Unova's creation. And by elite I kind of thought gym leaders. But yeah idk, where do you think they'd have settled, then? I wonder if it'd have been like Castelia, given that's one of the most advanced locations tbh. Plus a port, too!
When they settled, I would have to assume that it was indeed in Castelia, seeing as the only other places that would have made sense are Nuvema and Aspertia (which doesn't show up in the first games), and they aren't nearly big enough to have been past settlements in my opinion.

And whether or not it was settlers or indigenous people living there, I'm pretty sure the items found in the Abyssal Ruins say they were created around 3,000 years ago, which means that people have been living in Unova for at least a few centuries, I would think. And I think that the Relic Castle is also another good point that shows that Unova has been around for well over 200 years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
When they settled, I would have to assume that it was indeed in Castelia, seeing as the only other places that would have made sense are Nuvema and Aspertia (which doesn't show up in the first games), and they aren't nearly big enough to have been past settlements in my opinion.

And whether or not it was settlers or indigenous people living there, I'm pretty sure the items found in the Abyssal Ruins say they were created around 3,000 years ago, which means that people have been living in Unova for at least a few centuries, I would think. And I think that the Relic Castle is also another good point that shows that Unova has been around for well over 200 years.
Well Undella's also another place they could've settled, given how you mentioned Abyssal Ruins are right there and it might've been a stable location to settle in - food to eat nearby from fishing, sun, etc.

As for the items, maybe they were natural and not necessarily human owned? I mean they could've been from a past... settlement, even before being officially discovered.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
droomph's Avatar
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: bar'jách
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post


Well Undella's also another place they could've settled, given how you mentioned Abyssal Ruins are right there and it might've been a stable location to settle in - food to eat nearby from fishing, sun, etc.

As for the items, maybe they were natural and not necessarily human owned? I mean they could've been from a past... settlement, even before being officially discovered.
I think that's what he's trying to say. Like, Native Americans and the Europeans that colonized North America. We "discovered" America, but the Native American tribes had already lived there for like 15,000 years.

And considering...200 years of recent settlement...ancient civilization...based on New York...doesn't seem that too far-fetched, no?
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old November 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb's Avatar
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere In America
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
My guess is the first places that were settled were places near water, as they most often are in real life. So Relic Castle, (keep in mind, no desert/it IS near water) Castelia City, and Driftveil. (definitely Driftveil since we learned that klink appeared about a hundred years ago, and someone had to notice that?) Also, maybe even opelucid, since it is very old looking in white, and perhaps Icirrus because of the architecture?

Also, definitely the East side of Unova. Landorus's shrine, the ruins, Lacunosa town... it all screams ancient civilization.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old November 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Brendino's Avatar
Brendino
#fpt2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colombie-Britannique
Age: 22
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well Undella's also another place they could've settled, given how you mentioned Abyssal Ruins are right there and it might've been a stable location to settle in - food to eat nearby from fishing, sun, etc.

As for the items, maybe they were natural and not necessarily human owned? I mean they could've been from a past... settlement, even before being officially discovered.
I think that's what he's trying to say. Like, Native Americans and the Europeans that colonized North America. We "discovered" America, but the Native American tribes had already lived there for like 15,000 years.

And considering...200 years of recent settlement...ancient civilization...based on New York...doesn't seem that too far-fetched, no?
Yeah, that is basically what I was trying to get at. And I don't know why I didn't go back and fix the first part of my post, but I meant to include that Undella would have been a possible spot they settled in, once I though about the Abyssal Ruins. And it's possible that the artifacts may not have been human owned (considering that many species of Pokemon are quite intelligent), but I highly doubt that Pokemon could have crafted the Abyssal Ruins themselves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.