The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2012 (03:05 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

"You were totally flirting with her!!" - friend
"I was? ...But I was just being nice." - me

Does this happen to you often? Say you're with a friend and you're at a store and the sales person comes over and after you're done, your friend tells you that you were flirting with her or him, and you reply with the above response. Do you sometimes flirt unintentionally? Are you able to draw a line between nice and flirting? I'm not.
Old November 2nd, 2012 (07:43 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Occasionally I'll do this. But I can't exactly tell when. Apparently smiling and being polite is considered flirting. :P I mean you can't exactly talk to a person with a somber demeanor.
Old November 2nd, 2012 (09:41 PM).
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
It happens constantly with me actually. Why the people in my area are so stingy I have no clue honestly.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 2nd, 2012 (11:21 PM).
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
This happens to me a lot, but slightly different. I have this best friend, and I've known him for years, which makes me quite comfortable around him. My new friends, who don't really understand me, think I always flirt with him -- which I honestly don't.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 3rd, 2012 (02:58 AM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

This happens to me a lot. I don't care what they think; if they think I'm flirting then that is up to them. I even tell them I'm not.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old November 3rd, 2012 (05:26 AM).
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
uh no, people don't seem to think that my friendly action as flirting.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 3rd, 2012 (08:46 AM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont really flirt, I don't think I ever have flirted unconciously with another person, being nice and polite isnt the same thing as flirting.
Old November 4th, 2012 (10:16 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah I'm not this type of person at all. In fact I'm the opposite because of my shyness - people think when I'm trying really hard to be nice that I'm actually being mean and don't like them because I'm so quiet.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 4th, 2012 (11:42 AM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 View Post
Occasionally I'll do this. But I can't exactly tell when. Apparently smiling and being polite is considered flirting. :P I mean you can't exactly talk to a person with a somber demeanor.
This basically .. but im not going to be rude on purpose. I find it only happens around dudes that seem desperate for a girlfriend anyways. I try to dro the boyfriend bomb on them so they get the hint. Gladly it.doesnt happen all too often or anything.
Old November 4th, 2012 (04:37 PM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

I kinda flirt a lot, so it's not a surprise if one of my friends claim I was flirting with someone, even if it was unintentional.
Old November 4th, 2012 (04:58 PM).
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Sometimes it looks like I'm flirting when I'm always with my crush asking questions. And people ask why I'm always with her or why I like her. Sometimes I do it towards other girls, I'm that type of lonely guy.
Old November 5th, 2012 (04:11 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I've never had this experience, but I've actually had the opposite.

My best friend Lauren is a terrible wing man. One time I was trying to flirt with this guy at the Virgin store (lmao I know how that sounds, but I do mean Virgin the phone company... I was not trying to buy myself a virgin) and she was just totally oblivious. I asked her why she didn't help me when we were walking away, and she said she had no idea that I was even interested in him.

Go figure. I suck at flirting lmao.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 9th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
To be honest, I find flirting kind of offensive, though it depends on who it's coming from.

When I compliment someone, I do it genuinely, not because I want to get in their pants or anything. I feel that the best way to make someone feel good and the best way to brighten up their day is to tell them how pretty their look, or how fashionable they are, things like that, yeah? I don't think that's flirting in any sense, and I can't see how it would be...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links