Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 5th, 2012 (04:02 PM). Edited November 12th, 2012 by SnowpointQuincy.
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
BW2 – Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge.

Goal: Complete all 10 levels of Black Tower (or White Tree Hollow) with only one type of Pokemon.

Most challenge threads require you to start a new game and play to the end. That is a great thing. However, This challenge is different because you do not need to start a new game to participate. Black Tower and White Tree Hollow are long enough and challenging enough that building a new team to conquer the Tower is a challenge all by itself.

Rules:
  1. All Pokemon must share 1 type (duh)
  2. No Saving. If you Lose, you Lose. (You can't use saving to help you explore the levels. If you only use saving honestly to take a break, that is OK.)
Optional Rules:
  1. Only use 3-4 Pokemon on Level 1-5. (Those levels are supposed to be easier, so use less than 6 Pokemon)
Very Optional Rules:
  1. Only use Pure Type Pokemon. (no dual type Pokemon)
  2. Don't use any Pokemon with Recovery Moves
  3. Only use One Pokemon. (This way ALL of your Pokemon are the same type.)
  4. No Legendary Pokemon. (Legends are not banned by the game itself.)
  5. Only use one Doctor per Level. (instead of one on each floor.)
  6. Never use a Doctor.

I have a week off for Thanksgiving before the month of November 2012 is over, so I'll start the challenge then.

Probably a Dragon Type Challenge. Considering how many Vanilluxe, Blastioise, and Milotic I saw on my first clear of Black Tower... This is going to hurt.

I have EV Bred Kingdra, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Haxorus. I want to make a Salamance too.

Participants
Spoiler:

Name: SnowpointQuincy
Place: Black Tower
Type: Dragon

Seraphimon-sama
Black Tower
Psychic
Old November 9th, 2012 (01:46 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

So I have offically started my challenge. I went to Level one with a Salamance and Garchomp. Salamance was large and in charge! On to Level Two.

Team
Spoiler:
Lv. 51 Salamance@Choice Band
EQ
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

Lv. 52 Garchomp@Lum Berry
EQ
Outrage
Fire Fang
Old November 10th, 2012 (05:06 AM).

Sounds like fun. Would hacks of B2/W2 be ok?
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old November 10th, 2012 (10:43 AM).
Mahamagiha, my friends!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to `Brianna
Do they even have hacks of B2/W2? It just came out.
Old November 10th, 2012 (01:09 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Quote originally posted by Seraphimon-sama:
Sounds like fun. Would hacks of B2/W2 be ok?
I'm not familiar with hacking. If the Black Tower / White Tree Hollow is the same, go ahead.
Old November 11th, 2012 (12:31 AM).

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
I'm not familiar with hacking. If the Black Tower / White Tree Hollow is the same, go ahead.
Basically what I meant was using Blaze Black 2/ Volt White 2, created by Drayano.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old November 11th, 2012 (02:06 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Just looked that hack up. Seems cool. Go for it.

Just post which place tower/tree

and which type you are using
Old November 11th, 2012 (08:39 PM). Edited November 15th, 2012 by Seraphimon-sama.

I'm actually going to be doing Black Tower in Blaze Black 2 with Psychic-Types. Hell, if I feel really lucky, I might even try with just one or two Pokemon. My team will most likely be Gardevoir, Latias, Celebi and Meloetta.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I will not be able to begin yet, as I need to acquire the Pokemon needed and also need to reach that point in the game.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links