The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: At what age?
10+ 1 0.94%
20+ 4 3.77%
30+ 3 2.83%
40+ 1 0.94%
50+ 0 0%
'Til death 64 60.38%
Not at a specific age, etc. 33 31.13%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
I'll quit playing at the age my fingers happen to fall off.
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:02 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I'll quit playing at the age my fingers happen to fall off.
That's funny!! That's what I was thinking with my post about the arthritis!! I'll probably want to be buried with all of my pokemon things!!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:13 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
I vow to play pokemon until the franchise dies nay, until I DIE nay, EVEN IN THE AFTER LIFE I SHALL PLAY POKEMON!
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Honestly, I'm not super into Pokemon, but it is still part of my life. I'm already seem to be slightly losing interest, so I would say maybe in my late 20s I'll get bored and stop playing. And I'm afraid new responsibilities arising in my life will hold me back From finally catching em' all!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Seraphimon-sama

I will NEVER quit playing Pokemon!
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:04 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I don't know when or if I'll stop playing. I may forget about from here to there due to being busy with life, but I don't see myself quit Pokemon. When they stop making games, I'll possibly just keep replaying all the games I have.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:24 AM
AfewQuestions
Unhatched Egg

I quitted in 2004, and begun playing again a couple of months ago. 3 4 and fifth generations are new to me, the whole breeding and ev training thing is new to me.
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Correspondence

I'll probably stop when they stop making the games or when life catches up to me and i just forget about gaming altogether.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
shinyarceus4
G-G-G-GODLIKE!

Nature: Adamant
Only a harsh life can stop me from playing my favorite series in its many forms. Even if GameFreak stops making the games, I will never stop.

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
As much as it pains me to say this, it's the truth. I haven't played Pokemon since this time last year. It's not that i'm too old, or I don't want to. I think i'm generally losing interest. I wanted to vote for Til' I die, but that isn't the case. My estimate you say? I'm guessing i'll quit in my mid 20's, yes I do know that is a while away (10-11 years in fact), but I still love Pokemon. But not forever. I've been playing for 8 years, I think I might stick around for 8-11 more

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Zapperz
colour swapper!

Nature: Jolly
Hmm.. I doubt Ill ever stop playing pokemon. However I do tend to take short breaks from playing it. I do know this though, I wont stop playing pokemon regardless because Ive been addicted to it ever since it came out and I like this addiction :}
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'll probably never stop playing pokémon. Yeah.. I don't think I will.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
As long as they keep making games, I'll keep playing them.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Spinosaurus

A lot of the posts in here are over-exaggerating, but to be fair it's not really possible to give an accurate or proper response to this topic. You never know when you'll quit something, so all the "'til death" posts...they could end up quitting the franchise as early as next year.

I didn't think I'd quit early myself, especially since I was hooked with competitive battling, but it happened, and it was for the best. A cousin who's in college planned to stop before B/W's announcement but ended up getting the game anyway. (Though I think he stopped for good now. lol)

Honestly, and forgive me for saying this, but I think it's a bit silly to believe you won't quit at an early age, or ever, given that it's almost guaranteed you'd be busy with far more important things the more you grow up...well unless you're that gullible. And when you think about it, it's for the best. It's only natural as well, it's in the human nature to change interest and move on.

Basically, it's impossible to predict when you'll quit. However, I think a good question will be...should you lose interest or take a break, would you come back to it? That's something that's worth wondering about.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

The only way I would ever quit pokemon is if it turned into a pool of bile.

Seeing as that won't happen, I'll never quit. Pokemon has been a trend that stuck with me ever since I was a boy. I don't see myself quitting now. :D
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:56 PM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Never. I see no reason for me to stop playing, especially with the resources I have at my disposal now that have made finding certain Pokemon easier than it used to be when I was 6 or 7 playing Pokemon LeafGreen and being so surprised to see Pikachu that early in the game.
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Sukisu
Dark Trainer

Til Death. Even though I plan to be with buried with all my pokemon games and game consoles and carrying cases. And have my ds with the current pokemon game on my stomach and a classic gameboy with pokemon red in my hands as I'm being buried.......ok now I have a plan for my funeral.
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

I will never ever quit playing Pokemon!! I will always find something to do in the games and have more games to buy when I have the money. Pokemon is never-ending. :D
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Nature: Brave
I'd probably say never, because I plan to pass down my interest in Pokemon to my little nieces, nephews, and even my future children (if I ever decide!). Pokemon was the franchise that sealed my childhood, and I hope it can interest them. :3

In short terms, until I die. :P
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM
Don Bastio
Banned

i haven't been really into pokemon since the gameboys era (Pokemon snap got me to give Pokemon a chance lol), now its just a game i like. ill probably quit once i completely get bored of it.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

At what age?
10+ No
20+ No
30+ No
40+ No
50+ No
'Til death No
Not at a specific age, etc.
When the world ends Possibly

Even if the world ends, I won't stop playing Pokemon unless Pokemon gets destroyed, because it would be too much effort to find the games.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I guess when I lose interest in it.
I've been playing for a few months short of two years and I don't have much of an attention span for interests.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Pryze
Moonwel ot cosidme

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Pryze
I have no intentions of quitting Pokemon, as the competitive aspect still gives me a thrill, but I can safely say that I'll lose interest in the game someday. Probably near age 18 or 20. Too early to tell.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Emrald
Togepi

Nature: Serious
I will never quit Pokemon, even after I die, I will travel my way into the Pokemon Universe, and be reborn to become a Pokemon Trainer.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Vαηєℓℓσρє
ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...

Nature: Naughty
Until I die, or I literally don't have the time to play anymore. But I can seriously see myself as a 70 year-old woman picking up my gameboy/nintendo DS and just freaking playing pokemon. That would be... amazing

-Vanellope Von Schweetz-

"Everyone here says that I'm just a mistake"

Last edited by Vαηєℓℓσρє; November 24th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here