The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

Advertise here
I just discovered something. Ever heard of the Gothi-line? Yeah, feminine appearance with a chance of being male, but here's one twister here.

Spoiler:

Gothorita is just confusing. The rest of the evolutionary line has a small chance of being male instead of female, but Gothorita, despite feminine name, appearance, and cry, it is even more likely to be male than female.

Gothitelle and Gothita are more likely female, Gothorita is more likely male. Eek, talk about a crossdresser. There is even a chance that gender-changing may happen (Female Gothita evolves into Male Gothorita, evolving again into a Female Gothitelle.)

Any one else find that (insert 5-letter word that starts with "H" here.)?

P.S.:Female Gothorita do exist, but not very likely...

Former Creator of Pokémon Pear Blue and Pokemon Chocolate Green. Coming soon, Pokemon Virus Lavender. To be made in RMXP Pokemon Essentials v12.

Also the founder of "Project Pokemon Advantage Cream".

Last edited by Oryx; November 21st, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
SilverAbsol
Absol's Shadow

Nature: Timid
Huh, interesting. Highly disturbing, but interesting.

On a related note, the Azuril family suffers a minor variation of this, where one in three Azuril will go from being female Azuril to male Maril.
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Gothorita is 25% male, 75% female. You have your genders mixed up, which kind of ruins your point. :/ All three of them are that way, there's no gender-switching in this species. It's not based on a crossdresser either.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Castform

Yeah, who ever gave you this info about the genders is totally trolling you. the only Gender bending occurs in the Marril line iirc.

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
sunshinesan
Pokesho fan

Nature: Bold
Japanese loves their traps. Gardevoir and... Lopunny I believe can be male despite their deliberate feminine appearance.

Currently playing as of 10/26/2012: POKEMON WHITE 2
FC: 3826 6533 5813
Crazy Shenanigans - Click Me
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, that is weird.
Perhaps they're based off a gothic version of James from the anime? (; I generally don't play Gen V games...so I never noticed that. Sort of how Gardevoir can be male, despite the fact that it appears to be wearing a dress.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

Way to put Team Rocket's James into the equation. I'm not sure why some people are disagreeing with this though...

Former Creator of Pokémon Pear Blue and Pokemon Chocolate Green. Coming soon, Pokemon Virus Lavender. To be made in RMXP Pokemon Essentials v12.

Also the founder of "Project Pokemon Advantage Cream".
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Castform

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
Way to put Team Rocket's James into the equation. I'm not sure why some people are disagreeing with this though...

Maybe people are disagreeing with this because it has no foundation. Check Bulbapedia. All of the Goth line have the same gender ratio. There is no facts to back this up.

Old November 24th, 2012, 01:31 PM
ahmet476
standing around

Even if it was true, well, there are animals like that in real life. So why should it bother me? Clownfish and sea horses are coming to my mind.

Playing Pokemon Flora Sky C-Dex

Old November 24th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
And from my knowledge of Pokemon, gender doesn't switch when you evolve. ;P

Old November 25th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Castform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
And from my knowledge of Pokemon, gender doesn't switch when you evolve. ;P

I do think that Azurill can change genders after evolving, but I am not sure.

Old November 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
You're right, Azurill is the only Pokemon that has a gender switch on evolution. This is because Azurill's ratio is 75/25 female/male, and Marill and Azumarill both have a 50/50 ratio. 1/3 of all female Azurill become male upon evolution. The only other Pokemon for which the gender ratios change upon evolution are Pokemon where the gender is a prerequisite for evolution, such as female Combee that evolve into 100% female Vespiquen.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Haha learn something new everyday. I mean it does happen biologically, maybe not in water mouse things, but never knew GameFreak would incorporate that, whether inadvertently or not.

Old November 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
LovePidove
Unhatched Egg

I feel stupid because I can't think of what the 5 letter word that starts with H is ... :/ I can only think of a 4 letter one.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here