• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Have you ever wished you chose a different starter???

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Snivy in White 2. I liked it when I played B/W but wasn't that much of a fan here.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
The starters I pick are naturally always the ones that just suit me best in the end, so no I havent. Not that I think i'd ever switch a starter...cuz well...its your starter...except maybe blaziken

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Considering the first thing I ever think of before I get the new Pokemon game is what starter will I chose and why, no, it's never happened to me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
The first Starter I chose was Chikorita BY ACCIDENT in pokemon Gold for gameboy color... I was thinking about cyndaquil even though I had no expirence in pokemon. After I chose Chikorita and played through the game I really grew attached to Grass type starters and I've chose them ever since, I wonder now if I had chosen Cyndaquil back when I was 9 if I qould have always chosen Fire types from then on.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I regretted Bulbasaur pick back on Blue so I remade and picked Charmander. Much better results! I was never really into grass types until Lilligant came along and stole my heart. ^_^

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Yep! It was when I got my first GEN 3 game, pokemon ruby. I woke up early the next morning just to play it and I chose Torchic because May did. However, when I got into the battle with the Poochyena, Torchic kept missing attacks and I felt so helpless.. I think I lost that battle too

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
If you have problems with the starter, Dump it in a box and then have a team without the starter. Having a starter all of the time is boring any-ways :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
No, not really. I liked my first starter in each generation just fine.

If I'm using the Fire starter and I need a Water type, I'm not restarting the game or regretting picking the Fire type. I'll just grind my team or add a new member.

I only have ditched the starter in gen 5 because there's so many more Pokemon to use now.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
When I wish I chose a different starter, I start over.
That way, the problem is solved.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yes.
My very first Pokemon (ever) was a Piplup on Diamond version. Either of the other options would have been better, in my opinion.

Back