• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Pear Blue

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Pokémon Pear Blue Version

This game is being made with RPG Maker XP using Pokemon Essentials v10.

The sprites for the heroes, gym leaders, and Team Nebula are placeholders.

Good evening. Professor Oak and family are moving to a new never before seen region to do more research on Pokemon. Their new hometown, Grasplum Town, happens to be your hometown. You are about to recieve your first Pokémon, which will be either Treecko, Tepig, and Squirtle, and take on the Gym Leaders and become a Pokémon Master. The question is... can you catch 'em all?

Who are those thugs that roam around the region? And what are they there to do?

This game has a regional dex of Pokemon from the official regions. No fakemon included. You can even catch all 649 Pokémon in this fan game, but some aren't available until you get the National Dex.

Wanna see some screenshots? No Problem!
pb001d.png
pb002.png
pb003.png
pb004.png
pb005.png
pb006.png
pb007.png
pb008.png
pb009.png
pb010.png
pb011.png
pb012.png
pb013.png
pb014.png
pb015.png

Spoiler:

CREDITS:
Poccil,Maruno - Pokémon Essentials
P-Sign,Clowcardruler,Maruno,Venom12,FL - Unova Pack for Essentials
Maruno - Overworld Graphics
OrangeNess,IceMan3317 - Some Assistance...
GAMEFREAK - Pokemon (C)

Download Beta 0.17 here
This beta goes all the way up to the 4th Gym. If you gone through an early demo, I reccommend you start a new game for the full effect. About 1 quarter of the game is covered in this demo, with some missing music. Not to mention this still uses some placeholder sprites.

The project died because I forgot about it. But, enjoy the game as it was before it was cancelled. New Project might come up later...

Last edited:

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
Um. So I'm writing this as I play the demo.

-First, before playing it, you say an "undiscovered region." If it's undiscovered, and this is all from assumption given your screen shots, why are there civilized people other than Oak and his family. On another note, after starting, why are there houses already established as well as routes and even an entire Pokemon League?
-The intro is eerily similar to the ones in maybe all versions of essentials.
-Your mother says nothing after she tells you to go to the lab. IMO, that's terrible parenting. "Here kid. Go to some old man's house, get some weird animal in a ball and go explore this undiscovered region!"
-When you try to leave town, the path out of the town seems wide. The maps are all too linear. Also, when talking to the guy who prevents you from leaving town, the event loops and the game crashes.
-The graphics don't seem original but if almost everything else is(like story line, characters, etc), that won't matter.
-Oak appears in this game. That in and of itself is not a problem. However, his grandson(Gary/Blue) is mentioned and you get to name him. For me, at least, that's awkward, considering Blue is an already established character from the previous generations. If you explain how he ties into everything, that may clear up a thing or two.
-The route as well as Seaslocke town once again are too linear.
-In Seaslocke Town, I can't enter houses. For now, though, it's not a major issue. Also, in the Pokemart, you can't talk to the clerk. You can't walk up to the counter. You probably did not set the right allowances for the tiles or probably used the wrong blank tile to erase something.
-Sorry, but I didn't enjoy the demo. You pretty much displayed the basic features that can be found in essentials. You didn't give me enough of a demo to actually want to see the next release.

Criticism on the Post itself
-You gave us no story.
-If we assume your little paragraph is a "story," it will only attract sadists who want to secretly laugh at your game but also people who may want to help.
-Pertaining to the paragraph itself, why would oak suddenly get up and move the entire operation of his lab to some unknown land?
-You say you can catch all 649 pokemon in this game? 649 is a lot. Since this is a fan game, there really isn't a need for the inclusion of all 649 pokemon but if you're up to it, it's fine.
-Idk if I mentioned this before but you only showed us basic features of essentials. Look back at the test maps to get an idea of what more you can do with the kit.
That's all I really have the attention span to say.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Sorry about it. It was just in development. I'll fix a few things in a later version. (Not all Pokémon are available pre-National Dex).

I'll create a new version and improve a few things...

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
I hope I didn't come off as mean. But you should release your next beta when you've gotten up to a significant point such as a gym battle or after an important point in the story. You have free reign over how you make your game, but try not to model it too closely to the official games. If I wanted to get all 8 badges, take down a pathetic gang of fools and become the most powerful trainer in the region after battling endless waves of incompetent trainers, I have the official games. But their story gets repetitive after a while. We want something relatively new, which Nintendo fails to bring out every time.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Eh...
These sprites look a bit familiar:
sq13ie.png

If you are using my pack (which I assume you do) you shouldn't forget to credit the people these resources belong to:

P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I agree with an upper post.
If the region is undiscovered, then there should be nothing there, no towns, nothing.
If anything you should write ''Oak and his family move to the new region of...''

Other than that, your screenshots show very little.
Each I do believe is not yours, the starter script is the same as Essentails, just Pokémon changes. The battles aren't needed, dunno why you've got the pokédex there.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Eh...
These sprites look a bit familiar:
sq13ie.png

If you are using my pack (which I assume you do) you shouldn't forget to credit the people these resources belong to:

P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

Sorry, I'll give credit afterward.

Years
With all said about Nintendork, I also have some more complaints:

1. Why are you giving a release? There isn't enough content inserted to the game yet.

2. The mapping is not done too well. (I mean no offense here, as I too did once map like this but at least try adding some flowers/bushes/rocks to it)

3. I'm not sure, but Route 1 looks awfully familiar to me, but I don't know why, might just be my memory mixing up a few maps together.

4. As an additional complaint to Route 1, why are the 2 Youngsters saying the exact same thing in the same mirrored position, and why so many pokeballs?

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
My honest apologies all of you. I will furnish the maps and more in the next demo. It'll take a while before the complete project, so I'm just doing bits at a time. If you are offended, do not comment until you try the next release.

Years
I am sure that no one was offended but was rather giving you some tips (although they were complaints too) to make the game a bit better.

There is no space where it says: "Blue:Well..." Just pointing out that it should have a space. (This isn't a complaint but rather a bug report)

Also, it's good that you added more screen shots one of which is actually part of the game. (Excluding battles, pokedex scenes, and the starter choice)

I'll try out the demo a bit and comment again afterwards, but I think you've at least made a small jump upwards here. (Even though I still think it's a little early, but I won't know until I try)

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I have released Beta 0.04 because why not...

I have furnished some maps and fixed a few bugs, it goes all the way to Lonlyard Forest since I'm not sure what Pokémon, alongside Scraggy, I should put on Route 3, and what music to Play in the next city. I'm not even sure what to name the Region...

Spoiler:

If you see any bugs with the new version, lemme know.

The link to the demo if on the first post, try it out!

Come on! While this project is still fresh. Post something to improve the game!

Last edited:

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
May I help with this game? I see its potential and I have experience with the RPG Maker Programs. I am an experienced mapper and can write pretty decently. I will send you a game of mine if you need some proof that I'm as good as I claim. Thank you if I can!

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Ok well i'm fairly new to things like this so, as such I have no idea how to start up the game. :/ sorry bout that

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I see you've added new screenshots, and I don't wanna sound like a broken record, but alot of them show features from essentails, which isn't really showing what you've done, it's showing what Maruno has done, and you're using.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Pokémon Pear Blue Version

This game is being made with RPG Maker XP using Pokemon Essentials v10.

Good evening. Professor Oak and family are moving to a new never before seen region to do more research on Pokemon. Their new hometown, Grasplum Town, happens to be your hometown. You are about to recieve your first Pokémon, which will be either Treecko, Tepig, and Squirtle, and take on the Gym Leaders and become a Pokémon Master. The question is... can you catch 'em all?

Who are those thugs that roam around the region? And what are they there to do?

This game has a regional dex of Pokemon from the official regions. No fakemon included. You can even catch all 649 Pokémon in this fan game, but some aren't available until you get the National Dex.

Wanna see some screenshots? No Problem!
pb001d.png
pb002.png
pb003.png
pb004.png
pb005.png
pb006.png
pb007.png
pb008.png
pb009.png
pb010.png
pb011.png
pb012.png
pb013.png
pb014.png
pb015.png

Spoiler:

CREDITS:
Poccil,Maruno - Pokémon Essentials
P-Sign,Clowcardruler,Maruno,Venom12,FL - Unova Pack for Essentials
OrangeNess - Some Assistance...
GAMEFREAK - Pokemon (C)

Download Beta 0.06 here
B0.06 is not much different from B0.05 other than bug fixes and storyline placeholders. I'm not sure what to call the new Pokémon thug team (if possible, Team ???)

I'll work on Beta 0.07 once I get some ideas or some extra work.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy the game!

May I give just a few pointers?
- In my game there are 160 obtainable pokemon which is a fairly small amount, but you currently have 46, which is ridiculously small. More variety is needed.
- I'm sure many would agree that the tiles are a bit... boring. Mainly because they're old and people like to see newer HGSS/BW stuff, this also includes charsets.
- You may also want to upgrade trainer sprites as well.
- It's always good to have an original Hero/ine, rival and in some cases a new professor.

Above all these are just some criticisms, being in the beginners showcase means this is a relatively new game and there is a vast amount of planning being done. You don't have to take these to heart.

Good luck.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
What a bad way to bump. I'm sorry If you are offended, but the numbers will exceed 46 in later versions, and all 649 will be made available in some way shape or form.

It looks like I'll need spriters for this project. Now that you mention it, I'm thinking of using new protagonists, but someone will have to sprite them. Whoever does will be credited.

Not to mention the Gym Leader overworlds are just placeholders, and I choose the closest overworld to their design for the Gym Leaders.

I'll work on it...

And to top that off, I'll have to wait for Pokemon Essentials v11 before making a game with updated tiles. Sorry, but this game will have to be in FR/LG style for now, until Essentials v11...

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Ok I got past the first gym and now have entered the first Forrest area. I cannot continue much farther since I lack the the time to do so but I will give a quick overview of my thoughts so far. Everything I will write be constructive and kind criticism. If anyone has questions whatsoever about the analysis below or disagrees with anything I say, feel free speak up.

Ok well I like the game so far but, with it being a work in progress it also has some things to address. From when I first started the game with the greeting from prof. oak till where I stopped, I noticed uncanny similarities mirroring from the FR/LG games. Some variety and changes to the landscape would be nice. Also idk if your still working on adding stuff, or i was intentional, but the areas where you tried to modify to be unique actually seem extremely one-dimensional and straight forward. The towns are also a bit boring due to not being able to visit building and that there's so little content, but i'm sure its still a work in progress. Another thing I'd like to say is that the music has an obvious loop of where it would go on, end and then play again after a few seconds. Now I like the 4th gen battle scene but there are a few things that bug me. One is the slight sluggishness of battles(kinda sluggish throughout the game but more apparent in battles). Also with me getting Tepig as my starter(I love you for that) I noticed you used his B/W sprite but the battle scene is 4th gen formatted. Tepig's sprite wasn't really designed for that and looks very pixely. A re-spiriting would be nice.

Recap:
~Needs more content
~More fluid scene/animation transitions and music
~Battle scenes are a bit lacking
~Needs more move animations
~More originality - more interesting over world

Some things I would like to see:
~Interesting thins in your game that capture the player and make your game unique
~Optional feature of your pokemon following you like in HG/SS
~A point in the game or some kinds feature in your game where you have in depth or at least partial interactivity with your pokemon rather than you capture the little animals and they never see the light of day unless they're battling
~A friendship checker like in D/P(Dr. Footstep)
~A way to get Muk very early in the story
~More pokemon
~Poketech like Item

Well that's all. Good luck and keep up the good work!​

EDITT: Ok this game was meant to be in FR/LG style I understand and accept that. However all I would like to see is better conduction of what it has to offer. Not that I'm saying that the overall style is "boring", just needs more development.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
May I give just a few pointers?
- In my game there are 160 obtainable pokemon which is a fairly small amount, but you currently have 46, which is ridiculously small. More variety is needed.
- I'm sure many would agree that the tiles are a bit... boring. Mainly because they're old and people like to see newer HGSS/BW stuff, this also includes charsets.
- You may also want to upgrade trainer sprites as well.
- It's always good to have an original Hero/ine, rival and in some cases a new professor.

Above all these are just some criticisms, being in the beginners showcase means this is a relatively new game and there is a vast amount of planning being done. You don't have to take these to heart.

Good luck.

Not being mean to you at all ... but it seems whenever there's a FRLG styled game. You seem to pick on just that. That it's FRLG styled. FRLG style is not that ''...boring'' it's quite appealing, if implemented correctly, maybe this persons skills will improve to implement it in such a manner, and not everyone likes to see HGSS or BW styles. I actually think BW sucks. Badly. I'd enjoy this game more if it were FRLG.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Beta 0.08 has been released. Are you shocked?

Spoiler:

Good luck having to defeat Jackson, I'd recommend getting a Grimer with Mud Slap.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Beta 0.08 has been released. Are you shocked?

Spoiler:

Good luck having to defeat Jackson, I'd recommend getting a Grimer with Mud Slap.

You're releasing a lot of betas here.
There is nothing wrong with it, just it'll make the next beta boring if they finish so close together*

Back