Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #901    
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Correspondence
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Even though i wish there is a remake i don't think GameFreak is planning on making it because it really isn't necessary because you can transfer the Gen 3 pokemon to Gen 5 which is really the main reason FR/LG and HG/SS were made due to the incompatibility between Gen 2 and Gen 3.
  #902    
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:16 PM
AltiusX's Avatar
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Even though i wish there is a remake i don't think GameFreak is planning on making it because it really isn't necessary because you can transfer the Gen 3 pokemon to Gen 5 which is really the main reason FR/LG and HG/SS were made due to the incompatibility between Gen 2 and Gen 3.
Even if it is possible, it would be tedious and time consuming.

DS Lites are discontinued and most people won't buy them anymore even if they aren't. DSi and 3DS do not have the GBA port. The GBA games also have a battery that will stop all time based events once it runs out.

Since you can go to Kanto in HGSS, you can obtain all Kanto pokemon. The only one left is Hoenn.
  #903    
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
Even if it is possible, it would be tedious and time consuming.

DS Lites are discontinued and most people won't buy them anymore even if they aren't. DSi and 3DS do not have the GBA port. The GBA games also have a battery that will stop all time based events once it runs out.

Since you can go to Kanto in HGSS, you can obtain all Kanto pokemon. The only one left is Hoenn.
From memory, you cannot get all the Kanto Pokemon in HG/SS. Even if you could, your point has already been rendered as moot as you can get all of Hoenn's Pokemon minus Jiranchi and Deoxys between Gens 4 and 5. I believe you can get all of them minus the Starters and the Weather Trio in Generation 5 (still excluding Jiranchi and Deoxys who are Download Events anyway so you can't even get them through main game events)
  #904    
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
AltiusX's Avatar
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
From memory, you cannot get all the Kanto Pokemon in HG/SS. Even if you could, your point has already been rendered as moot as you can get all of Hoenn's Pokemon minus Jiranchi and Deoxys between Gens 4 and 5. I believe you can get all of them minus the Starters and the Weather Trio in Generation 5 (still excluding Jiranchi and Deoxys who are Download Events anyway so you can't even get them through main game events)
Still, the DS (Lite) is a particularly endangered species, so Gen 3 -> Gen 5 transfer is really limited.
Besides, not everyone will have the gen 4 games (I know some people who don't own a single gen 4 game but jumped straight to BW). They cannot transfer their Gen 3 pokemon over.

That said, if RSE were remade for 3DS, I seriously wonder HOW are GF going to implement the transfer system. Something like Dream Radar?
  #905    
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Correspondence
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
If they do remake it in 3DS they'll probably make an easier way to transfer pokemon.
  #906    
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It would be the same as Gen 4's Transfer to Gen 5. A different Minigame, but it would still be the same process.

As for "need to remake gen x cause of system y", as I stated, transfer isn't an issue. Between Gen 4 and 5 all of Hoenn's Pokemon are available. Only ones missing from Gen 5 are Starters, Weather Trio, and the two Download only Event Legends. If they don't have Gen 4 games, they can easily buy them at Gamestop or some other small time Game store, or online. Can't rule them out cause people don't have them when the current handheld still plays those.

Only reason Gen 3 (which is both Hoenn and Kanto) need remakes are for the stories.
  #907    
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:33 AM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Hoenn also needs a remake just for the region too, Hoenn will be the only region completely inaccessible when they move to the 3DS. But, I guess it doesn't necessarily mean remake since they could throw Hoenn as a post-game region for the Gen VI games.
  #908    
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:08 AM
rocky505's Avatar
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parrish, AL
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Even though i wish there is a remake i don't think GameFreak is planning on making it because it really isn't necessary because you can transfer the Gen 3 pokemon to Gen 5 which is really the main reason FR/LG and HG/SS were made due to the incompatibility between Gen 2 and Gen 3.
The pokemon not being available wasn't the reason for HGSS. Every gen 2 pokemon was catchable in gen 3 by using the main games and col/XD. FRLG were the only games made because of pokemon being unobtainable.
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
  #909    
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
^ That's true and back than the main ds were lites I beleive, so gen III transfer to four was available to many.

Anyways back on topic: Another reason I think remakes will be delayed is due to what a game freak npc said in Castelia city. One of them mentions trying thinking up stuff for a new game but seems to be having trouble (of course though he uses singular so if he's talking about remakes perhaps only Emerald is being remade...) of course it might not even be pokémon related...
Stand for Life
  #910    
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Pingouin7's Avatar
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
DS Lites are discontinued and most people won't buy them anymore even if they aren't. DSi and 3DS do not have the GBA port.
Sorry, but if people are willing to buy a 3DS just for the next Gen. of Pokémon games, I'm going to assume they would be willing to buy a DS Lite just for transferring Pokémon over from Gen. III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
The GBA games also have a battery that will stop all time based events once it runs out.
I'm not quite sure where you're going with that.
But it's true that remaking R/S would solve the dry battery issue for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
Since you can go to Kanto in HGSS, you can obtain all Kanto Pokémon. The only one left is Hoenn.
Eh.
To be fair, you can obtain all Pokémon from Bulbasaur all the way up to Arceus without having to transfer from Gen III.
In fact, the only Pokémon you couldn't obtain between D/P/Pt were the Gen I/II/III starters and most legendary Pokémon.
Then HG/SS came and you could get the weather trio + Latias/Latios, while Platinum let you get Regirock/Regice/Registeel (Though it's true you needed an event-only Pokémon for that. At least you could trade the event Regigias on the GTS. :/)
  #911    
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
^ That's true and back than the main ds were lites I beleive, so gen III transfer to four was available to many.

Anyways back on topic: Another reason I think remakes will be delayed is due to what a game freak npc said in Castelia city. One of them mentions trying thinking up stuff for a new game but seems to be having trouble (of course though he uses singular so if he's talking about remakes perhaps only Emerald is being remade...) of course it might not even be pokémon related...
I would imagine that would be referring to a brand new game such as Gen VI and not remakes, considering Gen VI would be totally new so thinking up stuff for that would be much harder than thinking up of extra things for remakes like new areas etc.

I don't think it even means anything at all, I don't imagine they would include direct production struggles and hints like that in the game - they probably just added it in there for the NPC to randomly say something.

I just want February to come on over so we can see what will be revealed for the movie, that will give us the biggest hint.
  #912    
Old November 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Something is gunna happen at some point and time. Eventually all the games will be recycled a second go round just to keep the stories in circulation and to have them keep up with current graphics. 30-40 more years from now we'll (Pokemon Fanbase not specifically us) be asking for Gen 3 remakes again after Gen 1 and Gen 2 reremakes.
Couldn't GameFreak just release the remakes in a way that users can transfer their game files from system to system as new ones come out and create a DLC update pack to go with each hardware/Pokémon generation?
  #913    
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Couldn't GameFreak just release the remakes in a way that users can transfer their game files from system to system as new ones come out and create a DLC update pack to go with each hardware/Pokémon generation?
What would be the point in making a game that you don't have to play? If you could just transfer your old playfile and beat the game why would you need to play it? Not to mention many things change over times and they tend to add new items that you will miss since you already completed that part of the story.

That would cause an error in data management internally as you passed events without proper items so when you go back to those points if you went in just for fun, you'd get locked out of parts of dungeons and events simply because you already completed it on the original game and the data for the new one doesn't show that you completed it with the new game, don't have the item to access and can't get the item because the script to get it was already cleared on your last save file.

Other than the technical paradox, they stand to make no money in a game that doesn't require you to play through to get the items if you can just port your save file over.

Each game also has its own GTS server by Generation. You cannot GTS trade a Gen 4 game and a Gen 5 Game even if you trade a Gen 4 or lower Pokemon with no new moves, Item, or abilities. So internet transfer cross Generations isn't possible either. I doubt they'll ever allow it either what with high probability of error.

As far as making a Pokemon Game as a DLC app for the 3DS or future systems, they could do that with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and forgo the Remakes if you try to think about that. They may make a little more money after converting the internal data to match the DS/3DS internal clockwork for the events as well as reconfigure the wireless capability for trading. If they don't try to change the Trade feature then we won't get them as downloads as Pokemon exists for the sole purpose of connecting two different people to force them to trade to collect all the Pokemon. That's why they release the Main games for each Generation in pairs.

So its a not very likely to ever happen in the near future sorta scenario as it kinda goes against Gamefreaks' reason to market and Pokemon's reason for existing.
  #914    
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
AltiusX's Avatar
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
Sorry, but if people are willing to buy a 3DS just for the next Gen. of Pokémon games, I'm going to assume they would be willing to buy a DS Lite just for transferring Pokémon over from Gen. III.

Eh.
To be fair, you can obtain all Pokémon from Bulbasaur all the way up to Arceus without having to transfer from Gen III.
In fact, the only Pokémon you couldn't obtain between D/P/Pt were the Gen I/II/III starters and most legendary Pokémon.
Then HG/SS came and you could get the weather trio + Latias/Latios, while Platinum let you get Regirock/Regice/Registeel (Though it's true you needed an event-only Pokémon for that. At least you could trade the event Regigias on the GTS. :/)
Emm... You mean Rayquaza?
Maybe I didn't do that extensive research on that part, so my bad.

But I simply don't get the DS lite logic.
Why would I want to buy a much weaker system that plays DS games when I can play 99% of them just fine on a 3DS?
I just don't see why would people want to do that. It's a waste of money.
Maybe you can buy one for a very low price in the US or preowned/black Friday or whatever but some places in the world have to pay a lot more for a DS Lite, even if its preowned.
Kids... Would their parents allow them? Are you willing to take the risk if it were a preowned copy?

I wouldn't fork out extra cash for a weaker system (that my next gen set can mostly do) just for that one feature, unless I can get a DS Lite for less than the price of a regular game from where I'm living.

Plus, even if I were to complain how "awful" DS games play on the 3DS, I could have gotten a DSi XL or DSi (if you want portability) instead of a regular DS Lite. I am going to assume only a minority will go for the DS Lite route.

Last edited by AltiusX; November 11th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
  #915    
Old November 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
I just want to throw my two cents out there:
If we ever get RSE remakes, I always dreamed that the first time through, Wallace was the 8th Gym Leader, and Steven was the champion. Once you beat the game, Steven would run off to his location in Emerald, Wallace would take his place as Champion for each subsequent time you challenged the Elite Four, and Juan could be challenged once (or more, depending on how the game handled Gym Leader rematches) as the new "8th Gym Leader." RS remade with Emerald elements. I also always wanted the "something [that] came up" which made Steven step down as Champion to be explained.

Also, am I the only person who wants to see these remakes not only for a revamped Hoenn but for improved music? The Hoenn Gym Leader music is included in the PWT but it (and all the other Gym Leader music) is obviously redone in a way to better match the sound of the rest of the B2W2 soundtrack, not necessarily its original (and it's nowhere near close to the entire RS soundtrack, let's leave it at that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I hated the anime version of the BF...
Does anyone think they might throw in Kanto into the remakes just for the sake of having it.
There's always a possibility. This would also be a good way to put a stop to the "if they remake RS they have to remake FRLG" statements. Granted, since Kanto is connected to Johto, it would feel odd to add one and not the other, so in the end it may or may not work out.

Last edited by Rivvon; November 11th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
  #916    
Old November 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
AltiusX's Avatar
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
One part I find very amusing is that RS had a "secret" soundtrack of Saffron City. It turned out that the next game was really Kanto related.

Now BW2 had a "secret" hoenn trainer battle theme.

Perhaps a clue? Or just coincidence? Who knows...

EDIT: still getting used to the controls :/
Fly high, and never fall.

Last edited by AltiusX; November 11th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
  #917    
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
One part I find very amusing is that RS had a "secret" soundtrack of Saffron City. It turned out that the next game was really Kanto related.

Now BW2 had a "secret" hoenn trainer battle theme.

Perhaps a clue? Or just coincidence? Who knows...

EDIT: still getting used to the controls :/
Ooh, that's something! I wouldn't dismiss this as coincidence; unused game files are nice ways of getting some hint of what the developers are thinking.

I tried finding the music you mentioned, and I came across some info on Bulbapedia that all Key Items from Gen 3 onward have their sprites in B2W2. I don't see why they would do that if they weren't preparing for something (because it isn't like the "???" Arceus that had to be implemented in gen 4 to prevent game crashes).
  #918    
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
AltiusX's Avatar
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Ooh, that's something! I wouldn't dismiss this as coincidence; unused game files are nice ways of getting some hint of what the developers are thinking.

I tried finding the music you mentioned, and I came across some info on Bulbapedia that all Key Items from Gen 3 onward have their sprites in B2W2. I don't see why they would do that if they weren't preparing for something (because it isn't like the "???" Arceus that had to be implemented in gen 4 to prevent game crashes).
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=jFcGds9pQQ4

It sounds more like a GSC version, but it's still Saffron nonetheless.
  #919    
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:01 PM
LenSho's Avatar
LenSho
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Well, here are my thoughts:

I am convinced that they will remake Ruby and Sapphire. I'm sure people will buy them, so, why wouldn't they? The question is when and for what console, DS or 3DS. We could use the anime as a reference to guess how long they want Gen V to last. First consider this:

Maybe many of you already know that since Gen III, the anime starts a new season almost at the same time there's a new Generation game released in Japan.

Spoiler:


Best Wishes is almost over, the Unova League episodes will begin on Nov 22, and assuming it lasts at least 8 episodes, and a couple more to end Ash's journey in the Unova Region (or maybe more if Team Plasma finally shows up, in the same fashion they did in the game) that means they WILL have to start some filler in February. They wanted to go back to their roots, so, maybe a consolation fruity islands League for Ash after he loses in the Unova Conference? Or maybe the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier.

As for the console, it is possible they could be for 3DS. It has compatibility with DS games, so you should be able to transfer Pokémon from Gen V with no problem, not to mention you will need this in order to complete Gen VI's PokeDex as well. At least at first. It would make sense having remakes step up, FR/LG for GBA, HG/SS for DS, R/S for 3DS. I don't see why would it matter if Hoenn becomes the only region not accesible on the DS, Johto was not accesible on the GBA. However, it wouldn't make much sense to have a remake as the first game for 3DS. GameFreak will probably want to show new features in a whole new game.

So, this is how it could happen:

- The Anime starts a filler in a new random region (or maybe Hoenn), they release RS remakes (maybe DS, maybe 3DS), a year later Gen VI begins, letting Gen V last for another year (kinda), and they keep the same sequence: Gen 3 + Gen 1 remake, Gen 4 + Gen 2 remake and Gen 5 + Gen 3 remake. OR

- The Anime filler is shorter (possibly Battle Frontier since there are only 5 Frontier Brains and Ash doesn't have a Pokémon Coordinator as a companion, which is why Gen V was so short), ending around August 2013, Gen VI games are released for 3DS around September (why September? well, because E, DP, Pt, HGSS and BW were released in September, I'm just guessing). Then a year/year and a half later RS remakes are released for 3DS including Gen VI features. I think this would be worth the wait. This would mean Gen V will only last for 3 years, but I don't see why it shouldn't, after all it's an extension of the DS life-span.
  #920    
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenSho View Post
Well, here are my thoughts:

I am convinced that they will remake Ruby and Sapphire. I'm sure people will buy them, so, why wouldn't they? The question is when and for what console, DS or 3DS. We could use the anime as a reference to guess how long they want Gen V to last. First consider this:

Maybe many of you already know that since Gen III, the anime starts a new season almost at the same time there's a new Generation game released in Japan.

Spoiler:


Best Wishes is almost over, the Unova League episodes will begin on Nov 22, and assuming it lasts at least 8 episodes, and a couple more to end Ash's journey in the Unova Region (or maybe more if Team Plasma finally shows up, in the same fashion they did in the game) that means they WILL have to start some filler in February. They wanted to go back to their roots, so, maybe a consolation fruity islands League for Ash after he loses in the Unova Conference? Or maybe the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier.

As for the console, it is possible they could be for 3DS. It has compatibility with DS games, so you should be able to transfer Pokémon from Gen V with no problem, not to mention you will need this in order to complete Gen VI's PokeDex as well. At least at first. It would make sense having remakes step up, FR/LG for GBA, HG/SS for DS, R/S for 3DS. I don't see why would it matter if Hoenn becomes the only region not accesible on the DS, Johto was not accesible on the GBA. However, it wouldn't make much sense to have a remake as the first game for 3DS. GameFreak will probably want to show new features in a whole new game.

So, this is how it could happen:

- The Anime starts a filler in a new random region (or maybe Hoenn), they release RS remakes (maybe DS, maybe 3DS), a year later Gen VI begins, letting Gen V last for another year (kinda), and they keep the same sequence: Gen 3 + Gen 1 remake, Gen 4 + Gen 2 remake and Gen 5 + Gen 3 remake. OR

- The Anime filler is shorter (possibly Battle Frontier since there are only 5 Frontier Brains and Ash doesn't have a Pokémon Coordinator as a companion, which is why Gen V was so short), ending around August 2013, Gen VI games are released for 3DS around September (why September? well, because E, DP, Pt, HGSS and BW were released in September, I'm just guessing). Then a year/year and a half later RS remakes are released for 3DS including Gen VI features. I think this would be worth the wait. This would mean Gen V will only last for 3 years, but I don't see why it shouldn't, after all it's an extension of the DS life-span.
Only comment I can add, which really doesn't mean much in comparison, Directors said there was no pattern for release. It was a coincidence on how they come out. So there is no sequence to follow.

As for Anime, I don't see another Battle Frontier showing up as the last one was made for R/G remake inclusion into the Anime, like how Lyra and her friend appeared in Sinnoh for the G/S Remakes. For R/S remakes we'd need a Hoenn character appear which would be shown first and air after the Remakes were released. We'd hear about the remakes before we'd hear about the Anime tie in.

There is nothing left to do in Hoenn without them adding something completely new to force Ash to go back. Can't see a new character replacing either Brendon or May as they are iconic to the generation. Wally is a possible tie in as he played a fairly important role in the game and I don't remember him being in the Anime, or Birch could reappear for something.

Battle Frontier wise, I think only one exists in the Anime. The battle frontier is owned and operated by Scott, it was created in Hoenn by game standards and Scott was scouting in Hoenn for possible trainers to take on the challenge for the Anime. I don't see another Frontier existing, and a return to Sinnoh or even Johto would mean the opposite of what we'd want as it has nothing to do with Hoenn and would mean more that Gen 4 has a remake on the way which isn't probable in any way.

Anime wise we are waiting for a Hoenn tie in or hint to New Pokemon/Region to give Ash another reason to go explore.

As for Plasma, its not really likely they want to bring them back in as they were a key part to Team Rocket's being in Unova. Since that part is completely forgone, I don't see them bringing them back for any other reason now. We'll prolly get Plasma as part of the Genesect Movie, but Anime wise bringing them in may just respark the issue with their debut episode which was canceled because of the Earthquake that hit Japan when the episode ran around Castellia's destruction by Earthquake from one of the two teams. They won't bring them into the anime for an ethical reason.
  #921    
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
AltiusX's Avatar
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Only comment I can add, which really doesn't mean much in comparison, Directors said there was no pattern for release. It was a coincidence on how they come out. So there is no sequence to follow.
I noticed that you said this "no pattern" thing quite a lot of times. Although I largely agree that there might not be a specific pattern in the pokemon series, I must remind you that these directors might lie about what they say.

They might tell the general press that "we have no pattern in mind", but in reality they might have already planned for a pattern of games 5 years ahead. By saying this, they expect the crowd to believe so that they won't expect too much.
  #922    
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
There is very little reason that have to lie about something like this. They've had interviews speaking about when they started projects which are always at the end of the last one they finished. We cannot prove that they didn't plan to have the games release the way they did, nor can we prove that they did plan it that way either.

One interview said they were done with Black and White. It got misinterpreted by the fans so when Junichi Masuda received the comment, it made it sound like Gen 5 was over with B/W which he said it wasn't over, but he couldn't go into detail. When that happened everyone clamored over Grey, which we know now wasn't the game they were working on, and that the original statement that "Black and White's Installment was over" was in fact true.

Unlike with that incident they flat out said, there was no pattern prior to the release of the titles. Which is true no matter how you look at it. Time wise none really match up to the patterns we gave as excuses to push our ideas/theories forward. So far only one possible pattern remains but if the remakes appear in Gen 5 on the DS then that pattern was ruined as well.

If it comes out on the 3DS before or after Gen 6, then there is a possible unplanned pattern still in the run, but release wise, what they work on, and all things pertaining to the next game aren't worked on or thought up until they finish or are at the final stages of their current projects from what I've been able to see based in interviews and reports.

There is no definite hint on what comes next, but like with the possibility of Grey, we just have to wait and see. Gamefreak publicly debunked our theories on release patterns. Really that would be more insulting if they had lied. Then again, maybe they didn't plan any of the releases out and move based on what they wanted to do or thought was more important for them to produce. If the latter is true, then all the fans saying they want something actually means something.

There is very little reasoning as to why they should lie, especially since that specific sentence could have been another I know what I can say, but legally I can't say it so I'll leave this with another political open statement that doesn't answer your question like I typically have to do to cover my own job security. That was one of the rare flat out remarks that actually answered what we asked. There is some credit to it.
  #923    
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Well at 3.55 when this guy is asked about R/S remakes, he pretty much just says to look back at the past history of the games to see what's going to come next so this guy seems to be alluding that there really is a pattern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o-2JefD28 He would know more than we do, considering hes actually involved with the games - but we can't be sure they won't just break the pattern going forward like they already seemed to do with B2W2, so anything could still be next.

Anyway I was making a list earlier of hints in B2W2 and thought Id just post it... most, if not all of them are known but I thought it would be nice to just have a proper list:
- PWT there is Red/Green/Blue EVERYWHERE.
- Guy with glasses in PWT mentions "Wallace is the champion of Hoenn. He was originally a Gym Leader. I wonder why he replaced Steven."
- Ex Magma/Aqua members in Iccirus, they are in the same room as the sound designer which I guess you could say gives the room importance - not to mention the fact that it has rare access, only available through Winter.. so it seems like a pretty important house since its isolated on its own.
- Guy in Desert Resort mentions the fact that the Go Goggles & the fact that the Mirage Tower in Hoenn has disappeared completely, alluding to it having sunk into the ground.
- Water Cave/Lava Cave (Reversal Mountain)
- Shoal Salt/Shoal Shell's being available first time since Emerald in BW
- Dive balls being available but there are no Pokemon to catch underwater in BW/B2W2.
- If you talk to Norman after the PWT, he mentions his son (the playable character in R/S/E).
- The flutes introduced in Gen 3 on Route 113 are available in Route 13.
- Driftveil as a whole can be considered a hint with emeralds all over the place.
- Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza being released as merch on Dreamworld this month - it seems very random to have just released them like that considering the only other ones released were the B/W legendaries back around the time of B/W. They didnt even give a reason for them being released, they just did it.

I'm not saying these are actual hints, as some of them are probably coincidences like the flutes on Route 13/113 but others definitely seem like hints to me.
  #924    
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Red/Green/Blue are also the Original three colors for the games. Most important things get those colors. Red/Green/Blue have multiple meanings in the Pokemon Universe.

Diveballs were available in D/P/Pt and in HG/SS. Since FR/LG and Gen 4 their ability was changed to have the same catch Rate as in R/S/E, but while fishing or Surfing. Those Pokemon live underwater.

Black and White Flutes were in Platinum.
All the flutes were available in HG/SS.

All the flutes lost their effects in Gen 5 while they kept them in Gen 4.

Dreamworld Dolls, they released a Pikachu for Korea with Zekrom/Reshiram Doll for no reason. Manaphi was released August 17 to September 25 as a special promo.

Magma/Aqua are in the house that was owned by Rocket guy. It was considered an Easter Egg earlier in this thread. Really, since they replaced Rocket Grunt, its seems more an Easter Egg since he was an Easter Egg. If not, then where'd the Rocket Grunt go? Is his disappearance the sign of Team Rocket coming back?

Norman....I don't see why he wouldn't mention his son...though that could be an issue with the female players who played May who would then be Norman's Daughter. May was also Norman's Daughter in the Anime, doesn't mean much, but two genders, you'd think they'd have kept the genders more ambiguous if it were a hint.

Wallace and Steven kinda conflict with another. Steven is Champion in HG/SS while Wallace is Champion in B2W2. I know they brought Giovanni just to make up for Blue being considered a Champion so they can fill the Champion's bracket with 8 people, same with Wallace/Steven, but that's still a major confliction since Emerald and Ruby/Sapphire are the same story told at the same time, yet we have two Canon excerpts that say two different things.

This can be read way too many ways to get one answer from. 1 Way to read it, Emerald is Canon, so events of HG/SS are not Canon to the universe as Steven was replaced by Wallace before the events of HG/SS since there are points that match R/S/E to G/R/B.

Another way to read it, Giovanni is still a Gym Leader so we'll get Kanto Remakes as well as Gen 3 remakes, either as a One Kanto and One Hoenn, or as something else.

Another way, a fan speculation, the rematch clause, though Juan wouldn't be considered a Rematch in any way as you never battle him when you earn your badge. So Juan would be a new battle while Wallace's Rematch would be with him as new Champion. Could cause a bit of an issue with story, but nothing major. I mean that's the easiest thing to BS.

There are a lot of conflicting hints now with past info with character appearances.

As for Shoal items. They aren't available in B2W2. So they are added as sellable items in B/W and removed in the same generation.


Because of conflictions, these are all pretty much just Easter Eggs which aren't really more than fun little quips the severely OCD fans (like myself) torture themselves over trying to find every last one. They don't serve much purpose other than just being there for the hell of it for our enjoyment.

This would be a to each their own sorta thing. Me, they are Easter Eggs. Dream World is also something existing on its own. Its kinda like saying the screen for the Pokewalker was Black and White, that's a hint for Generation 5. It really doesn't have much to do with anything other than to give the kiddies something to play with along with the games. Again, everyone saw that Conquest was a Gen 3 remake hint and it has nothing to do with the current set of games.


As for some sorta hint, a friend told me there was one in the medal achievements but I forgot what it was.

As for the interview posted, that guy works for Nintendo International. They get their information way after Nintendo does. Gamefreak are the ones that make the games, Nintendo publishes them so order in which they are made would be Gamefreaks decision. Next game to be worked on would be Gamefreaks' decision. Nintendo can only say what system they can come out for if they want to push a certain system.

The guy's job was also localization and management. Basically he just takes what they give him, gives them the English names and is a face to greet the fans and take questions down. He doesn't actually work with the creation of the games.

Part right before he says "look to the past", He says "I'm just trying to get the current ones out the door, that's what I'm focused on. Honestly I don't even know what they'll have ready for me when I go back into the office." He doesn't really know what he's saying pretty much. He's giving the basic run around the question while answering what he knows. Past history is sporadic and no specific history. The History was also broken completely with not only Pokemon Black/White and now Pokemon Black 2/White 2

Last edited by Khrysta; November 11th, 2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Watched Vid.
  #925    
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:26 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
I don't think there's a real pattern...and actually never really trusted the pre BW era one. The remakes for all we know can be announced next month...I know too quick...it'll be best if they want to finish this gen to just skip over remakes and make them as good as can be than to make not as great versions that will come out early.
Stand for Life
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:01 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.