The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys. I'm torn between decisions of the at least the top 5 best pokemon (statistically and moveset-wise) in Ruby version. If you guys could post top 5's or even top 6,7 or all the way up to 10 (however I prefer to keep it under 7) I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

/discuss
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
IMO, the top 5 best available Pokemon in Ruby(for battles) are:
Latios
Blaziken
Breloom
Alakazam
Walrein
There are tons that are amazing. Just personal preference. BTW Castform is Amazing! Give him a chance.

Old October 17th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Five Pokemon I always find myself using in RSE in one way or another:
1. Blaziken
2. Ludicolo
3. Gardevoir
4. Altaria
5. Flygon

There are lots of good Pokemon in RSE though, like Alakazam, Salamence, Sableye, SO MANYZ OMG. But these 5 are my personal best in these games, I'd say. I almost always have at least one of them.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Agreed with many of be above, mainly Blaziken, Salamence, Flygon. And you can never go wrong with the trade evos like Alakazam, Machamp, Golem. And statistically, Slaking is really good. Its ability sucks though.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Thanks for all the help so far,guys.
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:16 AM
sn0wbreeze
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
Emerald
Rayquaza
Swampert
Absol
Manectric
Metagross
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

I'm really liking the feedback here. It gives me lots of choices to experiment with :D
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Correspondence

Mine would probably be:

Blaziken
Ludicolo
Metagross
Flygon/Salamance
Absol
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson

Nature: Quiet
My favourites are, in no particular order:

Sableye
Ludicolo
Flygon
Altaria
Aggron

Flygon is my favourite Pokémon, Altaria is so freakin' cute, Aggron is a badass, Sableye is so creepy he's cool and somehow I always find myself with a Ludicolo on my team.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
joshbl56
Feeling better?

Well, depending on the type of fight (single and then double) these would be it:

Singles:

Aggron
Shiftry
Zangoose
Altaria
Manectric/Swampert/Walrein/Solrock/Linoone/Gardevoir/Sharpedo

Aggron is a powerhouse who can learn quite a few extra attacks thanks to TMs (you could actually use it in every fight in the E4 and not go wrong). If you do not evolve Nuzleaf for a while and teach it Extrasensory, Shiftry is a beast. Zangoose is strong and destructive, but even more so when you use Sword Dance. Altaria because it can learn a huge amount of attacks (mainly through TMs though) and it's pre-evolution, Swablu, it pretty easy to find. I put so many down for the last one because any of them will make a good pokemon.

Doubles:

Slaking
Dusclops
Blaziken
Kingdra/Flygon
Wobbuffet

I know there isn't that many Double Battles in Ruby but one of the gym leaders do double battles and it pretty dang hard. I chose Slaking for it's extreme strength; it could easily be a 1 Hit KO when using him but you have to watch out for his ability. Dusclops because he is a ghost-type, which gives him more resistances than normal but also for his bulky defense and having him use Skill Swap with Slaking makes it all the better. Blaziken for the same great strength but also for it's speed and wide move selection. Kingdra because you can get one faster than a Salamence and can be evolved faster than Flygon if you can trade. If not, Flygon is the way to go for a Dragon type. As much as some people dislike Wobbuffet, it can be a godsend when it actually counters the opponents attacks. Add that to it's bulkiness and high HP and you can use him to stall attacks as well.

Click on the picture to see the page for the challenge
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Ooh that was a lengthy post. Thanks for the help.

I'm raising a team for competitive play, but I can't take my team to any competitive battles since ruby is out of the competitive scene. So when I eventually get a ds with hgss or something I wanna clone my team by trading it to emerald, then migraitng the cloned team and testing it's mettle. Sound like a plan?
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:38 PM
joshbl56
Feeling better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothxx View Post
Ooh that was a lengthy post. Thanks for the help.

I'm raising a team for competitive play, but I can't take my team to any competitive battles since ruby is out of the competitive scene. So when I eventually get a ds with hgss or something I wanna clone my team by trading it to emerald, then migraitng the cloned team and testing it's mettle. Sound like a plan?
Well, if you're going to do that (and I think it's a good idea) you might want some heart scales because Gen IV/V has upgraded their move pool with better (or worst) attacks. Good luck though!

Click on the picture to see the page for the challenge
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbl56 View Post
Well, if you're going to do that (and I think it's a good idea) you might want some heart scales because Gen IV/V has upgraded their move pool with better (or worst) attacks. Good luck though!
Well if I need heart scales I have 1 in ruby I can just clone it to the amount of my liking ;D and then put them in hgss.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
KungFuPurp
Unhatched Egg

There are actually a good amount of powerful pokemon in Ruby but i'll just name a few of my favorites.
Machamp
Rayquaza
Alakazam
Blakizen
Exploud
i also really like Shiftry
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Wow guys these are really helpful. I saved a copy of the page to my jumpdrive for future reference when I'm building teams.
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
iZTwi
Jounin Ninja

Latios
Flygon
Gardevoir
Metagross
Blazekin

Check out my Trade Shop!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291144

Shinies Collected
  • Prinplup
  • Marill
  • Marowak
Shinies Hunting
  • Snorlax
  • Steelix
  • Combee
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
Feebas
Unevolved

Nature: Lonely
Flygon
Blaziken
Rayquaza
Machamp
Wailord

Old November 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Wartortle Gang
Unhatched Egg

1. Metagross
2. Ludicolo
3. Blaziken
4. Aggron
5. Altaria

Ludicolo would be number 1 if it weren't for Metagross' meteor mash. Ludicolo is bad ass just because it's two opposing types and can learn almost any move.
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:44 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

I still stand by RSE having the best Pokemon. There were so many huge introductions in this generation, which is why it's one of my favorites.

In-game, I found the following completely dominated it.
  • Breloom
  • Swellow
  • Aggron
  • Swampert
  • Salamence

So many more that could probably be listed include Metagross, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Sharpedo, and so on.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old November 26th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

I'm going to be biased and just post my in-game team since they were pretty beast. I beat the game not too long ago actually. I'd say all of them are actually pretty good except for Tropius, he's just a favorite of mine lol.

Blaziken
Tropius
Flygon
Crawdaunt
Medicham

Left out Relicanth because frankly, he sucked. ;P

Old November 29th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Heracles4

I almost always choose a Swellow, very helpful. If you don't want it, choose Pelliper.

Pelliper can help you with Brawly, lots of grass/rock/ground/fighting/fire pokemon because of its dual typing. Oh, it also helps with Flannery, Winona(Because it can learn the electric move that Wattson gives you), and Juan/Wallace(For reasons said above)

Swellow can help you with Brawly, and fighting, grass, and bug types. It doesn't have a wide variety of advantages like the ones Pelliper has, but once it gets strong, it can help in almost any situation. I actually used my swellow for defeating Wattson one time, and Norman another(And in the battle against both, it was underleveled lol)

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
-Breloom. Probably the best Fighting-type in the game, Breloom has great speed and attack, as well as a great moveset.

-Ludicolo. With an amazingly diverse movepool and insane stats, as well as good type coverage, Ludicolo is just plain good.

-Metagross. While only obtainable in the postgame, Metagross has to be mentioned due to the great movepool that it has.

-Swampert. A Ground-type is always good, and a Water type is also very good. Combine those two, add in good stats and a good movepool, and you have a great Pokemon.

-Flygon. Immunity to Electric- and Ground-type attacks? Hell yes. Good movepool? Yep. Good stats? You know it. Just keep it away from Ice attacks and it'll destroy everything.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links