The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:11 AM
ashketchum23
I love Pokemon!

Nature: Calm
I have stopped watching Pokemon, and have lost the interest of it, for it was getting too ridiculous. When I was young, I knew Pokemon for it's funny, and adventurous theme. It seemed as if there was a challenge for the protagonist (Ash Ketchum,) and he always had questions, and remarks that lead to more problems. Just by Ash doing that, created humor, and fun. It caused Misty, and Brock to fight, and Ash will try to break the fights, and Ash will then again get into the fights. It was the perfect idea when Pokemon started; the character development and dialog was astonishing/brilliant. Now... it seems like you do not get to know these characters, and if you do, they are full of useless fillers. Pokemon is not what it use to be, and they should have just ended it after Misty left. Not even... long before that. It makes me cry thinking about the times of Pokemon, and looking at it now; oh how much it developed.

Last edited by ashketchum23; November 12th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
When Unova started. I didn't like how they tried to change everything, didn't feel the same.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I stopped watching during early Hoenn. Ash's Pikachu destroyed the main girl's bike.. again... -turns TV off- I figured I wasn't missing out on much. I do watch the movies though. I can handle watching some dozen movies, but not watching hundreds of episodes.

Old November 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
I stopped after Indigo. That's when I discovered Digimon.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old November 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
I stopped watching it at season 1. I just didn't like anything after that.
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

I stopped watching it much around Hoenn/mid Sinnoh but I have seen a bit since then when I got back into Pokemon.
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I started losing interest at the end of Johto. I saw a little bit of the beginning of Hoenn and wasn't all too interested.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

I gave up after Battle Dimension. It wasn't going to get any better after that.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Gameb0y
Pokemon Trainer Since '98

Nature: Relaxed
I've been watching Pokemon since it first aired here in the U.S while I was in the 3rd grade. When I started I loved the series so much I promised myself I would keep watching it till the end. But after the original voice of Ash left it wasn't the same but I still kept watching. But then after Battle Frontier, everything went downhill yet i still tried to hold on. It was like holding on to a burning coal, I tried my best. But when Black and White show was out, they completely butchered everything remaining that I loved. I'm sorry but I just can't. Still a fan, will watch the show too if it's on and I'm channel surfing. But I won't go out of my way to just watch it like how things were before. They completely wiped out his whole past that I grew up with and mutilated his design.
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
GrimmReaper
Glaceon Lover <3

Nature: Relaxed
I watched the series when it first started in the UK and the only reason I stopped watching it is because I felt I had outgrown it by the time I reached Secondary school, around the AG series. I was in such a rush to "grow up" that I abandoned many of the enjoyments of my youth. But being an adult, and having to work and study and pay tax and cook and clean is just so boring. So I decided to become a man-child. I heard the Indigo League theme song one day and suddenly wanted to watch "The Flame Pokemon-athon" episode for the epic moment when Ponyta evolves, and since then I've started watching every episode from the beginning. I'm currently on "A Goldenrod Oppertunity".
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Yes. Around the time of the "Golden Armor" incident. That was it for me. The deus ex machinas, the constant Team Rocket interruptions, the repetitiveness, the boredom... I got tired of it all. It wasn't fun to watch anymore.

When I heard the fandub about a year later, I was glad to have made the decision I did. I still watch some episodes now and then, but really not often. I'll watch the old ones for nostalgia, but honestly, I kind of outgrew it. It just isn't fun to watch anymore, for me anyway.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM
poopydude
PKMN Master

Nature: Brave
Stopped watching when they changed the voice actors. I was very angry at that decision but i started to loose interest long before that. As soon as they got rid of Misty the show went down hill IMO. Ash started to become more and more repetitive and dumbed down. I really thought he was on the top of his game back when they hit the Orange Islands. I saw glimpses of that in the Silver Conference but after that it just didnt do it for me anymore
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:01 AM
CJBlazer
Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon

Nature: Serious
i stopped watching when the show reached the DP era. Dawn seriously disgusted me. She was brattish and annoying. I am gradually getting back into it, since Team Roclet has a cool new attitude. I like BW but I hated DP.

From left to right, Rogetta, Rogon, Rogastar.
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Rose-tinted lenses abroad!

I watched BW with a lot of hope that it'd be pretty good, and then I kinda got busy with other things. Haven't had the opportunity to actually keep watching it.

I've been pretty much stop and go.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Rose-tinted lenses abroad!

I watched BW with a lot of hope that it'd be pretty good, and then I kinda got busy with other things. Haven't had the opportunity to actually keep watching it.

I've been pretty much stop and go.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Eh, I've never really been watching the anime consistently. The first time around, when the first season was aired here, I did watch it pretty much every day a new episode came out, and I hated it whenever I missed one, since at the time I had no way of getting to watch it again, and that went on for most of the first season. But when it reached Hoenn, it just jumped around. They completely skipped the Orange Island season, and they went straight to the middle of Johto from the end, and I kinda lost interest, since I had no idea what the heck was going on and where they even were in the whole thing. Then years passed, and I tried watching it again on TV, and what do you know, they were only in Hoenn. Watched through a few episodes untill they again skipped, directly into the middle of Battle Frontier, from which they showed a few episodes, and when straight to Sinnoh. At that point I completely gave up on it, and discovered some time later I could watch them online ;p From there I watched through a few seasons, but became bored of it from there, and didn't start watching again till they were at the end of the Sinnoh.

So yeah, I've stopped watching it several times, and I'm certain it's a pattern I will keep up.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I stop watching in early DP. I've saw at least the first three DP epsiodes and several other eps after that and stopped completely. I hated the new voice actors for the dub. They sounded really awful in Battle Frontier and after one season of listening to them, I couldn't stand them. While I could of just watched them in Japanese with subs, but wasn't sure where to look and soon forgot about it. I haven't watched the first season of Black and White either cause I hated Iris and Cilan. But then they announced Rival Destinies and I decided to give the anime a chance again. The premiere episode actually ended up being good and convinced me enough to start watching the anime again. I love how Team Rocket a more sinister objective than just stealing Pikachu. So I just recently got back into it and have seen almost every episode of Rival Destinies.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I dont have cable so pretty much when pokemon went to CN i stopped. Then i saw some new episodes at peoples who had cable, all new voices. I was like... ya no...
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I stopped sometime ago.
Mainly because I seem to have outgrown watching it. Though I do admit that it was fun watching when Ash battled gym leaders and other trainers. X) Brock's obsession with women got a bit annoying, in my opinion.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Sweet Smoochum
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bashful
When I was in fifth grade. Also, when I had no cable. I didn't watch Pokemon. Also, when I had classes that would be the time the show aired.

I actually got used to the new voice actors in the anime. I don't really have a preference actually. I was really used to the old ones at the time of the switch.

I don't know really who to pair Ash with. I just currently watch to see what he's up to.
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
The only seasons I have ever watched in full, bar fillers, are probably the original, Orange Islands and DP, because Pokemon stopped airing after Orange Islands when I was a kid. I started going back to the anime when Battle Frontier was almost over and DP was about to begin in Japan.

After DP and a few episodes of Best Wishes, I'm only watching episodes for game cameos such as various gym leaders and major characters, like the Subway Masters and Bianca (but since I don't like anime Bianca, I don't watch the episodes with her in it either). Maybe I've finally had it with Ash and the terrible writing?? Team Plasma VS Team Rocket never getting to air (?) probably didn't help matters.

With the new saga though, I might just begin to tune in again... on N and Plasma-related episodes. :9

(Note: I almost never watch the dub, by the way, so I don't have problems with the voices. The more you know!)

EDIT: As much as I dislike Paul and his existence as a failed version of a Stop Having Fun Guy, as well as the way the saga ended with Ash losing in the semi-finals to a cheater that the writers pulled out of their butts, I still treasure DP a lot. I mean sure the fillers were boring and I didn't really watch those, but the plot-related episodes I did enjoy (especially Ash VS Paul). Gen IV being the time when I was interested into Pokemon again helps.
Also I watched N's debut episode and I decided I will ignore everything else other than game cameos and N/Plasma episodes.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Last edited by Azumi; January 31st, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
FiyahKitteh
Bubbly Fiyah kitteh

I used to watch the Pokémon Anime pretty much from the first time they aired it here in Europe, but eventually had to stop, since - as you may be able to guess - most of those shows were on during very odd times for people who have a more adult life (apprenticeship, work etc). D:

I am however planning to - some day - start from S01E01 and watch all the way to the "end". That's one Hell of a task and I know it's going to take me about a life-time but hey, why not! xD
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
romeotatted
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
pokemon was my childhood back when i was younger,and flashbacks of the idigo league series keep me into it despite me bein older now (22years old),sadly pokemon didnt fit my schedule back then,i was in foster care and the only way i was able to watch pokemon was on channel 11 every saturday morning which aired a new episode (new york),but it was every saturday morning that i wuld be taken to the agency to see my parents,so it wasnt the best situation,to this day i remember me cryin over not bein able to watch a special episode that had articuno in it but not wantin to stay to watch it either due to me wantin to see my parents jeje,but if any of u guys have a way to show me how to download the whole indigo league saga plz let me noe,i just want the indigo league saga
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Arcticuno
Revelation Arcticuno

Nature: Naughty
I did not watch the Generation 4 Pokemon Anime Diamond & Pearl because it sucked. The characters were just annoying. However, I started watching Pokemon again when Pokemon: Best Wishes! was released and still continue to do so.:cer_nod:
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiyahKitteh View Post
I am however planning to - some day - start from S01E01 and watch all the way to the "end". That's one Hell of a task and I know it's going to take me about a life-time but hey, why not! xD
I've actually done that during these few years. When I get back home I just pust around 25 episodes on a playlist (japanese, english subs), hit play and start working on graphic projects from work with the window semi-transparent in a corner. =P

But yeah, I stopped watching the TV aired version here around... Koga's gym? I just remember many Venonats...
Then around 6 years ago, I got finished with schools and ended up with way too much free time while job hunting and such. I picked up the episodes and relived childhood practically in half a year until I couldn't find subs for Hoenn episodes. But by now I'm just waiting for the new episodes as the air in japan.

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible

Last edited by Rewy; December 15th, 2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: forgot to answer for the thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links