Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotowari View Post
Welcome to the club Hamako-chan. : >
Strategy to beat Demise
Spoiler:
Spam the Skyward Strike when he raises his sword

I'm playing the hero mode in Skyward Sword now... and for some reason I can't beat most bosses in one try. I have to try really hard and I GO quite soon. But on the second try, I beat them with ease, loosing barely any health at all. :V While doing the exact same thing as before.

If you mean this video, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. I have indeed seen the video before, when the poll was made to decide MM or aLttP. As far as I remember, this was a fanmade trailer. It would have been odd they could show this in the poll when there would already be a trailer, no?

Oh, lol, you and your glitch pictures. |D
But I agree, Lake Hylia and Hyrule field are amazing places. I loved riding Epona through Hyrule field in TP. The music that goes with it is just brillant.

My favourite places, however, differ a little.
For Twilight Princess it's Snowpeak Mountain

Besides being a fan of anything mountainous (I love them |3), I think the atmosphere of Snowpeak has something magical. I love the music. It's seemingly so simple, yet it perfectly manages to capture the eery, desolate, cold feeling that radiates from the snow-covered slopes of Hyrule's northern mountain chain. And besides that, it still has an undertone of beauty.
Snowpeak Mountain also houses my favourite (TP) monsters: the White Wolfos. They're graceful and deadly. Playful and mysterious. I don't see them as real monsters, but mostly a pack trying to protect their habitat. I would have loved to see a minigame involving them. There aren't many minigames you can do as a Wolf, and a racing game against the Wolfos would have been perfect. During one of my play-throughs, I had some fun with two Wolfos who tend to get stuck against the wall (small glitch?) over and over again. They started to live a life of their own in my head.

Also, it holds my favourite Temple in TP. ;3

My second favourite area is the Lanayru province-to-be (let's call it that) in Skyward Sword. I don't like the Lanayru Mining Facility very much (the music drives me crazy XD; ) but I love the environment. I love the concept of the passing of time, the integration of past, present and future.

I love running around the desert trying to find new treasures. And I like the music as well. I think it catches teh mood of passing of time perfectly.

Spoiler:

Demise was pretty easy the first time I fought him, though I did have to use up a few potions. I completely forgot I had a shield and didn't shield bash his attacks back...
I haven't played through all of Hero mode yet. I accidently deleted my Hero mode save file, and so I had to start all over again.

Yeah, I know the trailer was fanmade, though you have to admit that for a moment you wish it weren't (but that could just be me really wanting a MM remake). I did find it odd that the fanmade trailer advertised the remake for Wii-U. Plus the graphics didn't really feel like Nintendo, you know what I mean?

Man I love those glitches :D
I do like Snowpeak in TP. I'm a fan of cold snowy places, and Snowpeak was just so beautiful. The view is just incredible when you stop and have a good look around, especially at the peak. The music was so soft and quiet, and it went well with the atmosphere.
Lanayru province was cool. I liked how much it changes from past to present, from being a lovely green area to a vast desert. I liked the Sand sea as well for the same reasons, plus that whole level had a real Wind Waker vibe to it.

If I may add to my answer- Another area that I love is The sky in SS. It's pretty much Hyrule Field in the sky, but I absolutely love it. The view is just spectacular, and the music works so well. It really captures the mood of flying through the vastness of the sky. Riding my Loftwing through the clouds is so much fun, travelling from island to island. And then jumping off and sky-diving... it's all just so amazing.
And trolling Groose in the Wing Ceremony is fun too! XD

My latest Titlescreen Pokémon Nova Version by HaxsaurusRex

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Username: TRIFORCE89
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask
Triforce Section: Wisdom and Courage?

So, this year I've been trying to (re)play through all the Zelda games. Been a slow process due to school and work and stuff. So far I've done: SS, OoT3DMQ, MM, TP, TWW, and PH. Working on ST right now.

ST is as slow as I remember :(
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Uh, guess I'll join. Why not?

Spoiler:
Username: Fuyuki~
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask
Triforce Section: Wisdom

Anyone else waiting for Sequelitis Zelda from Egoraptor? Anyone here know what I'm talking about? No? Okay.

If you want, you can look it up, if you like some in-depth gaming analysis of game sequels.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Username: Limanya
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: Wisdom!!!

What is your favorite character, and why?: Saria probably. She's awesome.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?: Sprit flute! :D
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.): Fi, even though i haven't played SS :B
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?: Link...probably the OOT one. For Zelda i'd choose the Spirit Tracks version.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?: I beat Morpha the first time without taking damage. Standing in the corner helps! Fraaz though is really really REALLY hard. AND HE'S ONLY THE SECOND BOSS!
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:38 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Username: IceFyr1928 (you may call me Ice...)
Favorite LoZ game: MAJORA'S MASK!!! Followed extremely closely by Twilight Princess.
Triforce Section: Wisdom, sir

What is your favorite character, and why?
Groose. Not only is he aloof, but he plays it quite hilariously. His hair style seals the deal. I mean, how much gel must that take?

What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
While the harp is quite an interesting mechanism, my vote goes for the Zoran Guitar. I occasionally pull it out just to jam out on it.

Who is your favorite partner?
NO... Midna cuts it close, but still, they have yet to make a non-annoying partner.

Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?
Link? 8-bit style. Back when you had no clue what to do without a guide. Zelda? Skyward sword. Me gusta...

Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?
Horsehead. Hands down the hardest boss I've fought. (Haven't got much farther than death mountain on that game...) The easiest, and the most fun, however, was Volvagia. Were it possible, I'd fight him thrice over and then some.
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

oh my god I JUST GOT MAJORA'S MASK BRB PLAYING IT
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Oh yes, I did enjoy that game. I have collectors edition for GCube. LoZ, Adventure of Link, OoT and Majora's mask. Also have TP and SS for wii.
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

I only have a DS and 3DS.

I have tons of games though! I have, uhh....about every game except for WW, TP and SS.

I really really REALLY want a Wii so i can play SS -.-
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

It's alright... I liked it. They really do introduce some awesome mechanics to that game.
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
White Mage
Probably alive
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Username: Username: Ðelta
Favorite LoZ game: Wind Waker

What is your favorite character, and why?: Either Tetra or Tingle. Probably Tetra, but Tingle is awesome in a bizarre way.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?: The horse whistle grass in TP Probably the Wind Waker.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.): Midna or The King of Red Lions
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?: WW/PH/ST Link, Twilight Princess Zelda.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?: Ganon and Gohma respectively, nothing special or different, unfortunately.

The only Zelda game I haven't played yet is Skyward Sword, although I've watched a good amount of the game on YouTube.

VM | PM | MAL
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Hohoh, thanks for keeping this club alive during my absense, new members. : > You're all very welcome~

You're also welcome to join into the conversation we had going on before regarding the following question:

What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?

Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Favorite area? Hm... Most likely the Hidden Village in Twilight Princess.

Why? First off, the music is awesome. Makes it really feel like one of those old gunslinger movies. On top of that, you get to have fun finding every possible way to kill a Bokoblin. Personally, I would don the Zora Armor, burn my wooden shield, equip the Ordon Sword and run in attacking. Called myself the great Zora, an imitation of Zoro, for those that know who that is. The Cat minigame unlocked afterward is also fun, if not challenging.

Other than that, my only favorite places are the Pirate Hideout in Majora's Mask, and the Gerudu Fortress in Ocarina Of Time.

I love the stealth element introduced, although Gerudu Fort was much more difficult, as the guards didn't stay out. The Pirate hideout, however, was much more puzzle oriented. If they allowed you to, I would love to refight the Gerudu Fortres again and again. The music is fitting, but it could have been better, especially for the Pirate Hideout. It sounded a bit too much like a dungeon than anything.

(Pictures on the way)

Last edited by IceFyr1928; December 7th, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Hmmm mostly the music is what makes me love the places xD They're all great though.

I really like the Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess, not just because of the music, I just love how it's so big and expansive and it so easily connects all the places, they just did an excellent job with it.

I also love the
Spoiler:
Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. The entrance looks almost just like the Ocarina of Time entrance and the music is the same just ugh <3 I love how they did that, which the door leading to the past or something. The dungeon itself was cool too, TP dungeons were relatively on the easy side imo but I love how they included the use of the Dominion Rod, it wasn't really like anything we've done before.

I also love almost every part of TP it and SS were the best Zelda gamess imo <3

In OOT, I like the Kokiri Forest, mostly because of the music. In Wind Waker I love the sea itself, and Outset Island, and in Skyward Sword I love the Sky and idk everything Skyward Sword was amazing <3
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
For fans of LOZ and lovers of music a beautiful cover album of the Majora's Mask soundtrack was recently released;
http://www.terriblefate.com/
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Username: Gideon Jeremiah
Favorite LoZ game: Link to the Past

What is your favorite character, and why?
Vaati. He planned for something malicious, & nearly succeeded.

What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
The Ocarina, absolutely the Ocarina.

Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.)
Midna. She was simply fantastic!
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho

Nature: Quirky
Username: MonoSpectator
Favorite LoZ game: LoZ: Twilight Princess and LoZ: Ocarina of Time

My favorite character would probably be Zant or Skull Kid.
My favorite instrument used would have to be the Ocarina.
My favorite partner would have to be Midna :3 She's awesome.

As for the other two, I'm not really sure X3

I have Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
For fans of LOZ and lovers of music a beautiful cover album of the Majora's Mask soundtrack was recently released;
http://www.terriblefate.com/
I love the music that person made for Majora's Mask. They really did a great job with the music, sound effects and website.

Welcome, new members!

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:05 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Finally... Majora's Mask is by far my favorite. I've looked, and there just isn't a great collection like this for free.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotowari View Post
I love the music that person made for Majora's Mask. They really did a great job with the music, sound effects and website.

Welcome, new members!
I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H18-Ynp8Biw

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Username: LilJz1234
Favorite LoZ game: WindWaker
Triforce Section: Courage

What is your favorite character? Link obviously. Even tho he doesn't talk much in the games, he's just an ordinary boy who proves that he can beat even the most vile sorcerer if he has enough courage :D

What is your favorite instrument used in the games? Ocarina. The idea of it was pretty original

Who is your favorite partner? Midna, she was funny and she helped you along your quest

Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Link I would say the one from Windwaker, he was just so cute and funny looking. As for Zelda, I would say the one in Twilight Princess.

Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? The hardest was Ganon in Ocarina of Time and the easiest was Ganon in Windwaker.
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H18-Ynp8Biw
I'll give a listen to it later, but as to your question. This my explanation for the Ganondorf-Ganon question, which I picked up by reading several things.

Ganondorf is, as far as I'm concerned, the human being that we know as the King of the Gerudo.
Ganon, to me, is the twisted version who could not handle the power he was given by the Triforce of Power... and got changed into this giant boar. All the further reincarnations mention Ganon in the context of the beast (see Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess) and Ganondorf as the person (Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess Wind Waker).

Spoiler:

And about Majora's Mask's lack of references. My guess is as good as yours, but I'm inclined to link Majora's Magic to that of the Twilight Magic (compare to Midna's mask) (and because I can, Dark Link as well //Headcanon ahoy). This can explain why Hyrule itself has no references to Majora as it's magic was sent to the other world. And Termina is a mirror world of Hyrule... not Hyrule itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?
Best is if you play the reverse song of time to slow down time. This gives you plenty of time to finish each dungeon (and do the side quests as well.) You can use http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-...alkthrough.php as a walkthrough for the game, so that you don't miss anything. :3

Old December 31st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Thank you Kotowari! I'll try the inverted song, though I want to try without a walkthrough first. ;3

I also believed that the Majora's Magic and the Twili's Magic were just opposites of each other. The Twili left behind the Twilight Mirror, and the Majoras left behind the mask. Though of course I haven't actually beaten the game so I don't know anything other than the basics about the mask.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Speaking of Majora's Mask, I heard that the Stone Tower Temple music is a palindrome, it's mostly the same song when played backwards. Anyone tried this yet?

Also I finally got Twilight Princess working again! ...Yay... After playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for so long, it seems Twilight Princess Link runs too fast and careless. It's hard to get used to.
More good news! A friend gave me his old laptop! It's definitely not new, but it's modern and fully functional! Nothing can stop me now!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

No, I haven't. But it would work quite will with the flipped tower. :'D

If he's too fast and careless compared to Time, it fits his character quite well. I see him as more rash and untamed than Time was. He's more a cowboy than a forest boy. xD

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here