The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:21 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
And did you take the time to catch the Pokemons in each area? or did you mainly just defeat the gym leaders and the elite 4 and focus on your party?

Made this topic from the suggestion of Sydian, instead of asking it on another thread .
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Yeah, I thought it could be a nice discussion instead of a small question in the Q&A thread haha. :P

Anyway, I think my first time playing Red, my play time was around 55 hours? Which is my general time for first playthroughs I believe. If you meant the amount of days, I couldn't tell ya cause that was soooo long ago haha. I don't bother catching all the Pokemon, but in RBY if you want to get certain items from the aides, you kinda have to take that extra time, so yeah, I did that just for the items, but I only raised Pokemon that I wanted to keep with me permanently.
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Autophobic
Fearing Isolation

Nature: Gentle
The first time I've ever played through Red, I picked Charizard. I didn't know much about pokemon so I basically fought EVERYTHING with this Charizard. It got to that point when you grind one pokemon and nothing else that you basically could one-hit any pokemon. I believe my playthrough was around 60 hours.

I'm currently breeding for a Shiny Tauros.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
70-79 Hours, give or take.
My first game was Red, chose Squirtle, and made the usual dumb mistakes (Used a Masterball on a tentacool) and did pretty well throughout the game. I can't believe I remember this..

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
SamuJake

Haha don't worry, I used a masterball on a Ponyta once. I know the feeling.

I just finished the Pokemon tower in lavender town and caught over 50 Pokemon and I've clocked up about 28 hours.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Correspondence

I probably beat the E4 around 50-ish hours.I picked Charmander and did pretty well.But i used the Masterball to catch Moltres so when i encountered Mewtwo i was screwed, couldn't catch it
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
The first game I got was Pokemon Blue and I picked Bulbasuar (I didn't know better) and captured the first five Pokemon that I've seen in the wild and used them as my Pokemon team. It probably took me about 30ish hours to beat the game because of my horrible team and afterwards, I tried to capture them all.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:33 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

Won't be very long nowadays with the speed up option

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old November 26th, 2012, 12:52 AM
LovePidove
Unhatched Egg

I dont remember the time and I am scared to look for my red cartridge and turn it on because I'm worried that the battery might have died and all my favorite old pokemon erased But I know the clack was stopped at 255 hours
Old November 26th, 2012, 02:27 AM
SamuJake

Defeated the elite 4 today, got about 40hrs.
..now to catch all the Pokemon I couldn't be bothered to get whilst playing the game and catching other Pokemon.
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I thought to beat the game you had to catch all of the Pokemon so I had spent a good amount of time on Blue version. Probably more than 100 hours. Of course I eventually gave up after learning you can't actually catch them all. I spent probably 50 hours alone in the Safari Zone lol. To beat the actual Elite 4 though, I think I did that towards the end of the 100 hours, my Pokemon were pretty prepared for those battles. ;P

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

I think it was about 60 hours when I finished the first time. I used my masterball on Articuno because I couldn't catch it, but I never saved before approaching it. Thought it was some sort of friendly pokemon, wasn't expecting a battle.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
SkyeAce
Unhatched Egg

I just found my old GBC, I did not restart my red as that game is totally finished minus waiting for trades of pokemon that are uncatachble in the game. That one says 41.07, keep in mind I was about 10 when I played that, and without the use of game walkthroughs. Also the rare candy cheat was learned towards the end of the game play. When I restarted blue 3 days ago I just finished it last night, with 18.24, however I have not caught every pokemon, just finished the gym/elite 4 and caught all the legendaries, including mew (I wish I knew that glitch when I was a kid I would have been so cool!), I also used the rare candy/cofee man glitch to speed through a bit.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
LONG, I was like 6/7 when I played it so I had no idea what I was doing. Initially I didn't even know how to save even though my friend at the time told me countless times so I had to start over everytime because I just turned it off haha.
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Nature: Calm
About 40-60 hourse I replayed the game to try every pokemon's capability. I still do though so really I do generally skip catching all the pokemon but I transfer all my teams to a multiple cartridges and have stockpiled every pokemon but mew.

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Around 30~40, I can't remember clearly... The only reason why I was able to complete this game quite fast its because I saw my cousin playing it and I know where to go and such.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Around 30-40, I beat the Elite Four with the best team (that I can't remember because I was like 10) and I beat Mewtwo and saved on that area like Red on Mt. Silver. I did the same thing with Emerald by saving atop Sky Pillar. I only caught like a few because I didn't have the time to complete the Pokedex but I did grind extremely like 80 or more.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I'm not good with remembering save file times but I know I always get bored of the original RBY games about halfway through, so I generally beat the games in increments that can span for months xc

I do that with most of my Pokemon games anymore, though.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
I dunno about the first time, as I was 3/4, but my most recent completion was about a week, when I decided to complete it with nothing but a Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff. It took forever, but it eventually paid off.

My current White 2 team
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

My first time I beat it, it probably took me 25-30 hours because I didn't use a guide and I tried to get everything I could.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Master Xemnas
Seeker of Light

I didn't remember ,i was kid, but it took me many hours ! around 40 hours i think ..
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
MattyJ
Serial Procrastinator

Nature: Brave
I've got 16:37 on the clock in my current Red Version save file (on GBA Player), which was the autosave after defeating the Elite Four. 15 Pokemon Caught. My party:
Jolteon (LV53) - hero of the E4.
Charizard (LV41) - Never chosen Charizard before, so thought I'd give it a try!
Pidgeot (LV41) - Hardly used in the E4, sadly! Not much use for Flying types in Gen I after Erika...
Dugtrio (LV43) - Love the speed on this bad boy.
Lapras (LV48) - Ice beam got me past Lance.
Hypno (LV45) - never used Drowzee/Hypno before this playthrough; a pleasant surprise!
CURRENT: GSC Gym Leader Challenge - Clair
----------
Watch this space!!
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I've completed it...well don't really remember but...yeah now I'm sure, I finished it around...a week? Yeah a week.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
prinlgesman
Unhatched Egg

I don't remember how much time exactly I had spent on my cartridge when I beat the game for the first time. But I remember being embarased about having 70 hours of play time on one elite four competionist while I was training my pokemon up to finish my dex.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
The first time I played Blue I probably clocked in well over 80 hours before I finally beat it. A good amount of that time was spent trying to get past the old dude laying in the road in Viridian.

The latest playthrough was probably 20-25 hours and I didn't catch anything more than what I wanted. It wasn't that eventful except I REALLY wanted a Dewgong.

Sponsored Links