The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Krika
Unhatched Egg

When I try and load my Emerald ROM in A-Trainer, I get an error message saying "Subscript is out of range - DrawTile8@ModLZ77", and then I can't proceed any farther? This is the first time that this has happened when I've used it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It isn't just my modified ROM, a clean one gets the same message.

Also, the Bug.txt file gets this printed out into it: "20121016|224113|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4" if that helps identify the problem.

This is kinda a big deal, so if someone could help me fix this, I'd really appreciate it.
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:06 AM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
umm can you please well make a New Download Link for XSE because i tried the Other Links and they Didn't Work
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Shiny Zard
Call me Iroh.:Zard Collector:

Um, for Overworld editor RE, I loaded Firered but it said Something is wrong with its INI settings. D:
͡๏_͡๏
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
≧△≦
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

Nature: Naughty
HackMew you are amazing! I use all those tools except XSaver DS, SMCA, and RHEA.

Thank you for the amazing tools.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Miro Kamiken
Unhatched Egg

When I try to run XSE version 1.1.1 I get a runtime error 9 subscript out of range message. I've searched google for two days looking to fix this and have not found anything, I've tried downloading the files from different sources but same problem when it comes to version 1.1.1, however version 1.0.0 works fine (other then when I add the script to firered the people don't do anything.) To any one that can provide help thanks in advance.

It's getting disheartening because literally everything I tried doesn't work even though I follow the steps and guides exactly, and it took forever to hunt down working/uptodate files but they don't work right.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miro Kamiken View Post
When I try to run XSE version 1.1.1 I get a runtime error 9 subscript out of range message. I've searched google for two days looking to fix this and have not found anything, I've tried downloading the files from different sources but same problem when it comes to version 1.1.1, however version 1.0.0 works fine (other then when I add the script to firered the people don't do anything.) To any one that can provide help thanks in advance.

It's getting disheartening because literally everything I tried doesn't work even though I follow the steps and guides exactly, and it took forever to hunt down working/uptodate files but they don't work right.
This juuuuuust started happening to me. Either XSE just closes on me or It gives me that subscript error. =/

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent

lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life

Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Sudeki
Can you feel it?

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Destination View Post
This juuuuuust started happening to me. Either XSE just closes on me or It gives me that subscript error. =/
Open up the Setting.ini and disable auto update check. That will fix the issue you are encountering. I believe it has to do with something at the URL its checking causing it to crash.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
Open up the Setting.ini and disable auto update check. That will fix the issue you are encountering. I believe it has to do with something at the URL its checking causing it to crash.
Thanks for that! =3
It's working again, now I can test a few things.

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent

lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life

Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Miro Kamiken
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
Thank you so very much, This got rid of the error, all the tut's I've been reading must of been written for 1.1.1 because none of them worked on my 1.0.0. so I hope everything works now.

again, thank you very much!

also if anyone else needs help and doesn't know how to disable the auto update, click on the settings.ini file and where it says AutoUpdateCheck=1 change it to AutoUpdateCheck=0 then save.
Old December 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Jeffrey of FireRed >.<

Nature: Relaxed
Gee thanks guys its been about a month since I started looking for a working xse version 1.1.1 and now I found a solution. Thank you !
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Ottrosin
Unhatched Egg

So I got XSE through PGE and I looked for the settings.ini
Unfortunately I can't seem to find it or it isn't there. Thoughts?
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:31 PM
omegazeroINFI
Unhatched Egg

does anyone know why advance trainer seems to keep selfdeleting itself? for example, whenever i decide to open it, its not there anymore.

i need some scripthelp, music help, and some images editing help. because one. i have vista. two. dont have photoshop and gimp doesnt seem to work.
three. because i got imagination. four. i can do pretty much everything else cept pallette editing.
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Go to the .ini file, and change AutoUpdateCheck=1, to AutoUpdateCheck=0, this is a problem that has effected all of hackmew's tools since he took down his site.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
When I try to open A-Trainer, my virus scanner blocks it because it has a trojan. Any explanation?
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
When I try to open A-Trainer, my virus scanner blocks it because it has a trojan. Any explanation?
Your anti-virus is a pile of garbage =)
Disable it for the time you work with A-Trainer.
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
phstratton
Unhatched Egg

I turned off automatically update in the Interface of Pokemon game editor, but I couldn't find a setting.ini file specifically. Even so, XSE still crashes when I try to open it. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Pikachu127
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, I've been having a problem with the XSE script editor with the GBA Pokemon Game Editor "compilation" program, so to speak. Any chance an .ini file with default settings can be posted? I'd create my own, but I'm kinda afraid of screwing up the program.
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:49 PM
KaileeStar
Unhatched Egg

How do I work the tool? ; I'm new at this stuff and been researching it up. Is this like a script of some sort?

Please help me with Pokemon ROM hacking! =)
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
DarkPsychic

Look Im not even sure if I able able to post in this thread still but Im gonna give it a shot. I would only like to know if you are gonna make any new tools for pokemon gba or any orthers? and I would like to know if you are gonna update any of the tool's that you have to final version's? I am only asking because I can not seem to get an answer any where for any of the gba tool's. It would be nice to know if the creators of such great tools retired. I personaly love these tools ( especialy XSE) but with out some updated versions how can we fully be able to costumize the gba games =(
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Try these settings guys. Let me know if these fix the problems. Then I'll make sure PGE downloads the ini when you install XSE.

Code:
[Options]
AlwaysOnTop=0
MinimizeToSystemTray=0
RememberSize=0
IgnoreChanges=0
LineNumbers=1
MenuBar=1
StatusBar=1
Sidebar=1
SidebarAlignment=1
ShowNotes=1
ShowRecentFiles=1
CalcMode=1
InlineHelp=1
AutoUpdateCheck=0
NoLog=0
[Format]
BackgroundColor=-2147483643
ForegroundColor=-2147483640
FontName=Courier New
FontBold=0
FontItalic=0
FontSize=9

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Bisharp
Patched up, Crazy Matryoshka

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Bisharp
Hm, I've been looking for the link to XSE but can't seem to find it. All of your main Download sites go to some weird site that doesn't have anything for download. The mirrors are fine, but it would be great if you could upload a mirror to XSE.
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Anguscr4p
3rd Gen Enthusiast

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Anguscr4p
Alright, I've seen this question before here, but it didn't receive an answer, and I think I can try and be more specific.
I'm getting that DrawTile error with A-Trainer that was mentioned earlier on this page. The fact that it says: "A file is missing or invalid" leads me to think that you need more than just the application to use A-Trainer. Is this true?
If so, does anyone have a download link for A-Trainer AND its dependencies?
And if not, what am I doing wrong, and how do I get this thing working?
If there's people on here saying how great it is, clearly I'm doing something wrong. I'm running Windows 7.
Btw, all download links I've seen have only A-Trainer, so if there are additional files that are supposed to come with it, we may need a new link. Alright, thank you in advance, really hope this gets answered.
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cubera
Unhatched Egg

great tool thank you for the update
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:11 AM
borderhalofreak
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I know this thread is old, but I dont really understand how to use Shinyzer and no tutorials are good
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:37 PM
solnox
Unhatched Egg

YAAAY thanks Gamer2020 those settings finally helped me fix this XSE issue
time to dump pksv and use XSE :D
i thought it was my Windows 8 compatibility issues but it was just the settings
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links