The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Latias or Latios?
31 35.63%
56 64.37%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid

The Lati twins! Or Eon twins. Or Lati@s. Whichever way you wanna say it. The first time you might have run across one of the two Dragon/Psychic types was just out of the blue after beating the Elite Four in Ruby or Sapphire. So what do you think? Who do you prefer from the pair?

If you couldn't tell by my theme (as of right now anyway) I prefer Latios! ...Though I prefer shiny Latios over regular one but that's another story for another day. I don't really know what it is about it, I just like it a lot. It's just regal looking and awesome. Though I tend to call Luster Purge "Puster Lurge" instead, and I actually did it while typing this sentence. No joke lol. I also have a strange tendency to find Latios in the desert. Seriously, every time I have to hunt him down, he's hanging out there.

Anyway...how about y'all?

Play the game to change the game
Old November 14th, 2012 (01:32 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I voted Latios cos he's more of an all-out attacker and he's BLUE!!!

(However I love Latias too, but Latios being blue made him the better one imo)

battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter
pairs | the welcome lounge | fairy-type club

Old November 14th, 2012 (02:13 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
For a very short time I preferred Latias, because "aww she's like pink or something." But then after encountering Latios in Ruby, he grew on me.
Then I saw the 5th movie and I knew Latios was definitely my favorite. But sadly I always have a difficult time finding one of a good nature!
Old November 14th, 2012 (03:04 PM).
Seraphimon-sama

Definitely Latias! Not only is she cute, she's powerful when trained right, she's a Psychic-Type, and she's my favourite Legendary!
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old November 14th, 2012 (03:07 PM).
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Love Latios. Even not knowing it existed, in Emerald, I chose the blue answer of the question. Latios is also great competitively, and is on my current OU team. Not that I play OU that much anymore... The point is, is that Latios = Awesome.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 14th, 2012 (03:10 PM).
Correspondence

I like Latios because Blue is my favorite colour and it can learn some decent moves.
Old November 14th, 2012 (03:41 PM).
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
Used to like Latias more especially as far as designs went but after using Latios on Black 2 for a while now I gotta say Latios just because it's stronger in battle.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 14th, 2012 (04:01 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I've had good experience with both of them, but Latios got my vote out of the two. If I had to pick a design, I would say I like it just a smidge better than Latias's. I also had Ruby, so I regularly got to use one. I also used one a lot in Emerald. And even though there was a time where I used Latias a lot in Pearl, the fact that I use a Latios in my rain team currently brought it over the line.
Old November 14th, 2012 (04:03 PM). Edited November 14th, 2012 by Sydian.
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Latias. LATIAS. How can all you people vote Latios? Latias is so much cuter.
Old November 14th, 2012 (04:31 PM).
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
Since they look almost the same, and the colors are the only big difference, I vote for Latios, because I prefer regular and shiny Latios.

But talking about their battle sides, I would say both are great. Latios is more offense and Latias has some good support moves, so is more defensive.
I make this kind of choice depending on my humor, so that doesn't matter here.
Old November 14th, 2012 (04:41 PM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Latios is definitely a lot more bamf, but I love Latias because of how cute she is ;o;

Old November 14th, 2012 (05:42 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I really like both of them Latias I like because she is cute and loves playing around. However,I choose Latios because he sacrificed himself to save everyone in the 5th movie.
Old November 14th, 2012 (05:55 PM). Edited November 15th, 2012 by dunnjean.
dunnjean
The Most Awesome Of Them All

Nature: Bold
There I go, staying out of the majority again. I like Latios better, mainly because I never had a Latios and Latias had always looked better to me.
Old November 15th, 2012 (01:55 PM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
I like Latios because Blue is my favorite colour and it can learn some decent moves.
As shallow as this reasoning is, I do kinda agree with it. I was really disappointed when I got Sapphire that it would feature Latias and not Latios. Partially because I liked blue Pokemon at the time, but its more offensive stats were a big plus for me. Even nowadays, however, I much prefer Latios' design to Latias, and the stats thing is still true to this day. The colour thing has worn off though, but my love for Latios still reigns supreme.
Old November 15th, 2012 (02:04 PM).
ArcanaFlaera
Guard of the Generation

Nature: Relaxed
Competively I'm more of a fan of Latios, mostly due to his attacking stats and move capability ( Luster Purge helps more often than Mist Ball when in a tight spot ). When I watched the movie I honestly could not decide who my favorite was. I'll agree with the fact that Latias is adorable, and cuddle-worthy, but in all honestly, I'll have to say I prefer her brother.
White 2 FC : 4299 0937 8549
Old November 20th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I really like both a lot, but Latios will always be my favorite when comparing it to Latias. I love the color blue. But besides that, I find myself able to handle Latios better in battle. When I use Latias, I lose :<
Old November 21st, 2012 (08:56 AM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I am more of a defensive type of person, so I picked Latias because she doesn't get KOed as easily like her brother does. I also like Latias more because she is red and I do not like the color blue except for when I chose a water type starter.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old November 22nd, 2012 (05:32 AM).
Mr155555

Normally I Would Prefer Latios design-wise but i'm choosing latias cuz i rememberd using her in my sapphire team and i loved it since then
Old November 22nd, 2012 (01:25 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I always preferred the attacking style of Latios more (and I liked the blue/gray color scheme better). That being said, I was a little disappointed on Sapphire when I didn't have a choice and could only get Latias.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old November 22nd, 2012 (01:45 PM).
SilverAbsol
Absol's Shadow

Nature: Timid
I adore Latias a lot, she was my favourite Legendary in Sapphire by far.
Old November 22nd, 2012 (03:32 PM).
IllusDark8
That Radio Whirlwind Person

Nature: Careful
I feel I connect to a Latios a lot and I believe that's why it's my personal favourite.

Hello, there. Thanks for looking at this. I run the Pokemon Radio Station and Podcast, Radio Whirlwind! Junichi Masuda approved it, so it's gotta be good!

Old December 3rd, 2012 (03:09 PM).
SkyeAce
Unhatched Egg

I love Latios, used him a lot at the battle frontier in Emerald. He was also so much easier to find in the game compared to Latias. I was just trying to complete the dex, and searching for a Plusle and out pops Latios. I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day.
Old December 3rd, 2012 (04:04 PM).
Yoshikkko

In general I like Latios better but honestly I love them both, and Shiny Latias tops them all. Love her better in competitive battle too haha, but I just like Latios'..air more, I guess.

team super cotton ×
Old December 3rd, 2012 (04:59 PM).
xxReshiramxx

Nature: Gentle
I like both Latias and Latios but I'm going to have to go with Latios because he's blue my favorite color and he looks cooler in my opinion.
Old December 4th, 2012 (12:12 PM).
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Latios, I like playing aggresivley.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links