The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:19 AM
P0kelegend

Like I said, most of them could have just been seen as coincidences (or easter eggs, like you said) but I feel that there are a few which really are hints such as:
- Water Cave/Lava Cave (Reversal Mountain) and Driftveil with emeralds all over the place.

There were many hints for HG/SS remakes like these that people would just discard as easter eggs or coincidences and try to prove them wrong however they could, but a lot were really were hints and most realized that after HG/SS was announced. I also think the dreamworld dolls are really random to release for no reason - they usually only do them in promotions for things such as Reshiram/Zekrom being released as dolls when B/W were released and the DW was opened. They are always part of promotions such as a push of merch (eg. Im sure Eevee dolls will come up to the dream world soon now that they are getting yet another merchandise push). So, it just seemed random to put the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza dolls onto the dream world in promotion for nothing - unless they intended to promote it for R/S's 10th anniversary but they didn't even mention anything about that when adding them (and RS's anniversary is still a few weeks away anyway and they've already been added).
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Bolanboy
ǝpısdn uʍop

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Bolanboy Send a message via Skype™ to Bolanboy
Why there will be the 3rd gen remakes.
* Fans have come to expect it.
* It can give them a year or two more to work on a new generation.
* money

I think everyone would be more surprised if they're /not/ made, there's only two questions that can be attributed to it; whether they're for the DS or 3DS, and whether they're before or after a new generation.

Old November 12th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
It's kind of become tradition to let the newer generation of players experience the older storylines and get familiar with every generation as they were once presented. I think it's a given that there will be remakes, even though I'm quite over the idea. I still remember feel like Hoenn is new! Haha, even though it was my favorite region, it doesn't feel as classic as Johto and Kanto. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get excited thinking about post-Johto remakes.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:30 PM
HyperXhydra

Actually every generation has a new pattern:
GEN I: They made two games(R/G) then a 3rd version (B jp) then a special version (Y)
GEN II: They made two games (G/S) then a 3rd version (C), (No special version)
GEN III: They made two games (R/S) then remakes (FR/LG), Then 3rd version (E) ( broke the pattern by Making remakes)
GEN IV: They made two games (D/P) then 3rd version (Pt) Then remakes (HG/SS) ( 3rd version before the remakes)
GEN V: They made two games (B/W) then sequels (B2W2) ( broke the pattern by making sequels)

I'd prefer making Emerald remake instead of two games and all these version exclusive stuff,
so it would be like an ultimate remake.
Old November 12th, 2012, 05:14 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Except they already said there are no patterns.
Old November 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
Except they already said there are no patterns.
..And that's what I meant...
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:33 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
The only thing that we can be sure about is
-new games come in pairs
-something extra later in same gen

anything else is pure speculation.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:32 AM
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
There's one thing I just don't get it: why are many people saying that RSE looks new and fine as it is? To me it looks okay, but definitely inferior compared to the present games and remakes. It looks very underwhelming.
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:27 AM
jupiter1
[]

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96
There's one thing I just don't get it: why are many people saying that RSE looks new and fine as it is? To me it looks okay, but definitely inferior compared to the present games and remakes. It looks very underwhelming.
That's probably because of the classic scenario of status quo vs. change where some people want to leave RSE alone because either it seems fine to them as they were before or they were good so remaking them might possibly tarnish their memory of it. Where you have in some places as you said 'RSE looks new and fine as it is", you're bound to have some other places where they all think as you think that RSE is 'definitely inferior compared to the present games and remakes'. For example most of the people around me say that RSE really is bad compared to the games now.
But my personal opinion agrees with you- RSE is okay, but it gets really compared to the current games.

Last edited by jupiter1; November 13th, 2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old November 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Well whatever is next, DP&co will likely look just as outdated.
And besides, if RSE need remakes because they look outdated, so do FRLG.
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I never really cared for remakes,but after they remade RBGGSC,I have really wanted a Hoenn remake because it is by far my favorite gen. If we do get remakes,they will be in pairs,but they will probably have the same storyline as Emerald. Like in HGSS they had the storyline of GS and C and actually exspanded the C storyline.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:05 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Kanto doesn't need a remake...it's been in every gen since the first (obviously) minus the current one (for now at least). It's time for Hoenn like Johto before it to get a shot at the spot light.
Though since this gen seems to be a return to the old I'm thinking it'll end with only Unova like how gen 1 had only Kanto based games unlike the following generations. B2W2 were like BW's GS so perhaps remakes will return along with what is the Hoenn to BW (a Region far to the south, Florida maybe?).
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:39 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Of course Kanto doesn't need a remake XD

NEWSFLASH: Groudon and Kyogre events will be handed out in Japan in a week becuase of 10 year anniversary of RS.

In my eyes, further confirmation that there ain't gonna be any remakes.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
Of course Kanto doesn't need a remake XD

NEWSFLASH: Groudon and Kyogre events will be handed out in Japan in a week becuase of 10 year anniversary of RS.

In my eyes, further confirmation that there ain't gonna be any remakes.
. Yup, my hope for a remake is officially gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were distributed in the US as well.
In such a case, bye remakes.

Unless GF's telling me that Gen 5 pokemon cannot be transferred to Gen 6, which is absolutely impossible.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM
P0kelegend

Um, did you expect them NOT to release Groudon/Kyogre on their 10th anniversary? It's an event, thats like saying that because Lugia/Ho-Oh were available in Emerald via an event that there would be no HG/SS since people could just transfer them from the GBA game to their DS. Its the same case here, except DS to 3DS instead of GBA to DS. This is really just a download that not everyone will have access to, only at Poke Centres - not even an in game event.

It could also just mean that we wont get remakes for quite a few more years so they are trying to give them out, it doesn't mean no remakes ever - its the 10th RS anniversary, of course they'll give the mascots away.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:52 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

They could be toying with us by making us think these new events mean no RS remakes/sequels.
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:39 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Um, did you expect them NOT to release Groudon/Kyogre on their 10th anniversary? It's an event, thats like saying that because Lugia/Ho-Oh were available in Emerald via an event that there would be no HG/SS since people could just transfer them from the GBA game to their DS. Its the same case here, except DS to 3DS instead of GBA to DS. This is really just a download that not everyone will have access to, only at Poke Centres - not even an in game event.

It could also just mean that we wont get remakes for quite a few more years so they are trying to give them out, it doesn't mean no remakes ever - its the 10th RS anniversary, of course they'll give the mascots away.
Yes, in case they have been working on RSE remakes for the past 2 years and intended to release them in near future, I would have expected them not to give out events of the mascot legends on their anniversary.

So it really is conclusive proof for me that whatever is next, it will definitely not have these 2 fellas on the box.

Sure, there might be RSE remakes in 2174, but I don't see the point in discussing that.

Your comparison is doubly flawed. Emerald was waaay ahead of any aniv and HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in them WITHOUT requiring event.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
They wanted to do something for the 10th anniversary and remakes are too early, I don't see how this rules out the chances of remakes.. if we do get them next year then that's atleast another year before the remakes which is a year after these events, I'm just saying it doesn't rule it out IMO. I can clearly understand why you make think that but to me it's just a celebratory event, plus we haven't had a Rayquaza event yet..

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I don't think it rules it out. Because you can get Groudon and Kyrogre in HG and SS. In fact I think it could be a hint for RSE to be remade.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
~Dreamscape~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
They wanted to do something for the 10th anniversary and remakes are too early, I don't see how this rules out the chances of remakes.. if we do get them next year then that's atleast another year before the remakes which is a year after these events, I'm just saying it doesn't rule it out IMO. I can clearly understand why you make think that but to me it's just a celebratory event, plus we haven't had a Rayquaza event yet..
Rayquaza was distributed twice this year.

At first the Nobunaga-Shiny-Rayquaza-Event and the V-Generator-Rayquaza.

So i think, we can be sure that Remakes won't happen next year.

Next month we will get movie news in corocoro.

So there's possibly a hint, what we will get in the future.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:55 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

So short of gamefreak coming out and saying "there are no plans for RSE remakes", you won't give up hoping for one...and even then probably not.

The first half of the thread or so everyone was stretching up the slightest unimportant detail and present it as a hint that remakes are coming, but when actual news appear that are putting the odds against it, they dont mean a thing and can be ignored.

Anyways,
Next month we will either get a silhouette of a new Pokemon or a hint that there will be one shown soon. Either way, its gonna be a nail in the coffin for remakes IMO lol.
There will be a new Pokemon revealed before February is over and that is not helping the case for remakes.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I don't think the movie will reveal anything, it's far too soon after the release of B2W2 which was only released internationally last month. I'm still holding out for the remakes before we see anything of Gen VI regardless of what's been distributed.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
What would be the point in making a game that you don't have to play? If you could just transfer your old playfile and beat the game why would you need to play it? Not to mention many things change over times and they tend to add new items that you will miss since you already completed that part of the story.

That would cause an error in data management internally as you passed events without proper items so when you go back to those points if you went in just for fun, you'd get locked out of parts of dungeons and events simply because you already completed it on the original game and the data for the new one doesn't show that you completed it with the new game, don't have the item to access and can't get the item because the script to get it was already cleared on your last save file.

Other than the technical paradox, they stand to make no money in a game that doesn't require you to play through to get the items if you can just port your save file over.

Each game also has its own GTS server by Generation. You cannot GTS trade a Gen 4 game and a Gen 5 Game even if you trade a Gen 4 or lower Pokemon with no new moves, Item, or abilities. So internet transfer cross Generations isn't possible either. I doubt they'll ever allow it either what with high probability of error.

As far as making a Pokemon Game as a DLC app for the 3DS or future systems, they could do that with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and forgo the Remakes if you try to think about that. They may make a little more money after converting the internal data to match the DS/3DS internal clockwork for the events as well as reconfigure the wireless capability for trading. If they don't try to change the Trade feature then we won't get them as downloads as Pokemon exists for the sole purpose of connecting two different people to force them to trade to collect all the Pokemon. That's why they release the Main games for each Generation in pairs.

So its a not very likely to ever happen in the near future sorta scenario as it kinda goes against Gamefreaks' reason to market and Pokemon's reason for existing.
I didn't intend for you to think that I want GameFreak to consider releasing any future Pokémon games solely as downloadable content. Nintendo has lately been publishing its games in such a way that it can release them simultaneously via both retail stores and the eShop. Add-on content like that which was released for Mario Kart 7 could easily be retooled to keep the digital editions of the game up to date. My idea about save files, though, wasn't thought out well enough to have predicted the problems that you brought up, XanderO, and I apologize for that. Maybe updating your copy of a future Pokémon game that somebody downloaded would allow that user to either continue playing their existing game without updates or start over and import their Pokémon as extracted from their old save file later–say, after the Elite 4 and the Champion?
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I don't think the movie will reveal anything, it's far too soon after the release of B2W2 which was only released internationally last month. I'm still holding out for the remakes before we see anything of Gen VI regardless of what's been distributed.
We have had something new revealed in winter before each movie for IDK how long. You think this time they will make an exception?
If so, then why did they rush Genesects reveal instead of revealing it slowly like all the main stars before?
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM
lucaspontes
One of Them

Nature: Quirky
I also think the event doesn't rule out remakes. They had Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HGSS, and now they have Groudon and Kyogre event... so what? They can make remakes and have them again. It would seem repetitive and illogical to us, but I don't think that's something they would worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
The first half of the thread or so everyone was stretching up the slightest unimportant detail and present it as a hint that remakes are coming, but when actual news appear that are putting the odds against it, they dont mean a thing and can be ignored.
Lol. You should know people love to speculate and see hints everywhere, and most of the time, they are quickly refuted. You support that the event means no remakes and you defend that much better than any hint hunter, but other people can disagree with you. No one is saying it can be ignored. You know that actual news are more significant than any hint, so you shouldn't worry about that.

As for the pattern discussion, even if they say there isn't a pattern, there could be a pattern. That's because they have been doing games for years, and they wouldn't notice if they were following one. It's the same as a person who follows a routine every day, if you ask they if they have a pattern, they will answer they don't, because they have grown used to it and don't see their routine as a "pattern".

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links