The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Old November 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
Well I've been thinking. I here everyone talking about how they wish Pokemon were real and what not. Well then say they were becoming real. Slowly but surely actual Pokemon sightings have been reported little by little all across the globe. And with that, all of our normal Earth animals are disapeering at the same rate being replaced by their pokemon counterparts.

How do you think the world, but more importantly YOU would react?
How would the government respond?
Will people panic?
Will Animal Planet have to be shut down?
And exactly what will people say to Ken Sugamori?

Discuss.

Last edited by CourageHound; November 13th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
shinyarceus4
G-G-G-GODLIKE!

Nature: Adamant
Simply put, I'd squeal with joy.

Old November 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyarceus4 View Post
Simply put, I'd squeal with joy.
Well, do you think you'd be allowed to have a pokemon? Not to mention come in contact with one?
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
That would be the best day ever! Unfortunately I don't think that we would be allowed near them sadly. Oh and Ken would become a profit of the new pokemon religion.
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
I'd be a bit scared/shocked for about a day or so, then I would get incredibly excited. And I think that because there would be SO many people wanting to start a journey with a Pokemon (think about it, almost everyone played pokemon once. Even if they're not playing the games now, if Pokemon came real, they'd jump straight to it.) and I think it'd slowly become organized and legal into the world. However, I think the Government would be taking so many precautions that they're safe and nothing bad will happen to us, like diseases etc.
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Correspondence

What would i do you ask?That is very simple.I'd be the very best like no one ever was!

I'd probably be happy and shocked at the same time.But if all the animals in the world were replaced by pokemon over one night most people would freak out saying it an alien conspiracy or a military experiment gone wrong.The world would drastically change and no one would trust anyone anymore and amongst the chaos I would rise to be a pokemon master and save the world.

But in all seriousness everybody aren't pokemon lovers like us so i think there'll definitely be a bad outcome if it happen, probably people taking advantage of the unnatural powers pokemon have.
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
What would i do you ask?That is very simple.I'd be the very best like no one ever was!

I'd probably be happy and shocked at the same time.But if all the animals in the world were replaced by pokemon over one night most people would freak out saying it an alien conspiracy or a military experiment gone wrong.The world would drastically change and no one would trust anyone anymore and amongst the chaos I would rise to be a pokemon master and save the world.

But in all seriousness everybody aren't pokemon lovers like us so i think there'll definitely be a bad outcome if it happen, probably people taking advantage of the unnatural powers pokemon have.
I said slowly and gradually, not over night. That would be outrageous. But yea a bunch of good and bad could happen from pekemon becoming real. I myself would almost explode from excitement/shock at first. But to tell you to truth other than that, given the speculated circumstances, I cant tell you exactly how I would react other than that.

Last edited by CourageHound; November 13th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
Quite honestly, I would pass out from the sheer joy of it. It would be different from the games and anime since we're a long way from the technological advances of the Pokemon world though. It would still be awesome.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
I would say "OMFG!" and try to get close to one

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM
CourageHound

If i saw say, one of my favorite pokemon just wandering about. I'd try not to faint from joy as I try to approach it. Lol, wat do you guys think wud happen if you brought back a pokemon home to wherever you live?
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Lishy
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
How would the government respond?
Oh! That's easy! But I should probably keep politics and controversial things out of a Pokemon forum.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:19 AM
thor348
That's Oak to You

Nature: Calm
sorry to post without reading the other posts, i just don't have much time.

i think that it pokemon slowly started replacing the animals on earth, the government would somehow intervene and stop us from coming into contact. to "protect" us hahahaha sill government. anyways, I would some how find/steal a charmander from the government and train it so I can battle and defeat the government to release pokemon into the general public for all to experience. silly i know but I would so try to do that!
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:07 AM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
Oh! That's easy! But I should probably keep politics and controversial things out of a Pokemon forum.
Too late! Therevare already a few polical threads going around, one of which I actually saw turn into a debate
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Altomare
Purupuru!

How would people respond-panic, naturally. Especially those not familiar with pokemon. Those familiar, might be overjoyed or something.
It'll be harder to get meat though....if miltank replaces cows and grumpig replaces pigs. Not easy to kill an animal with superpowers.
Politics....well new laws might be made, in order to protect pokemon.
Of course, there might be equivalents of the villanous Teams like Team Rocket that are ready to take advantage of the pokemon.
Science...is going to have a field day with this one. Lots of new studies, basically erasing the ones about animals.
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Well then there would finally be something preventing us from turning this planet into trash, as Pokemon would defend nature against heavy industrialisation etc Pandora-style.

As for the whole animal abuse argument. Pokemon are monsters that breathe fire among other things. They will kick your ass and go away if you treated them wrongly.
Except for the weak ones, but why would you force weak ones? lol

Well then there would finally be something preventing us from turning this planet into trash, as Pokemon would defend nature against heavy industrialisation etc Pandora-style.

As for the whole animal abuse argument. Pokemon are monsters that breathe fire among other things. They will kick your ass and go away if you treated them wrongly.
Except for the weak ones, but why would you force weak ones? lol

Last edited by MiTjA; November 14th, 2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM
CourageHound

Umm...i think with the apperence of pokemon half the laws of science will cease to exist....then they'll try to make new ones.

I can also imagine a new breed of poachers...

But what I really wanna know is if the world will reach the "Humans living alongside pokemon" reality as depicted in the anime
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:43 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nah the physics would stay the same, except for what new we would learn from them... I see where you're coming from though. Pokemon seem to pull elemental attacks out of nowhere lol. But otherwise, the pokeball is one of the most questionable parts since it makes the mass disappear WTF.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Don't forget about the medical advances in the Pokemon world. I'm pretty sure we don't have a machine that instantly heals any injury. If you were to lose a battle, it would be a while before your Pokemon would be able to even fight again. And one more thing. Would ten year olds REALLY be able to own such potentionally dangerous creatures? I don't think so.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

I think I would paint a rock to look like a poke ball, and then throw it at the nearest Pidgey I find. Assuming HM's also exist, I would love to see how flying works. XD
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post

But what I really wanna know is if the world will reach the "Humans living alongside pokemon" reality as depicted in the anime
Well, not immediately I guess. Just wait a few more generations, when humans have adapted to the changes and implemented rules and such.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:49 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element0 View Post
Don't forget about the medical advances in the Pokemon world. I'm pretty sure we don't have a machine that instantly heals any injury. If you were to lose a battle, it would be a while before your Pokemon would be able to even fight again. And one more thing. Would ten year olds REALLY be able to own such potentionally dangerous creatures? I don't think so.
I always assumed that Pokemon are different on the biological level wit a unique fast recovery ability with the right triggers and situation, which would then be abused by specially produced potions and pkmn-center healing machines.

And why wouldnt they? Any silly and dumb ideas would backfire quite fast, due to Pokemon being the source of the danger, not the kid. Its not like a random potentially destructive Charizard would give a damn about what some kid is yelling at it.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:21 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Somehow, radical Christians would say that the devil has sent his minions to destroy mankind. Even tho pokemon would just like sit there and chill and the government wouldnt let anyone be in contact of any of them for the safety of the kids. Oh you bet your but Id find a Gible
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
A virtual reality Pokemon world doesn't seem to far off, we just need the AI capabilities and we're set! A holographic Pokemon buddy doesn't seem too far fetched at all. Unfortunately most games are focusing on GFX instead of AI or gameplay these days though.

As for biologically "real" Pokemon? I just don't see that happening, unless the human race learns how to create custom lifeforms with genetic code. If that WAS possible, I'm sure we'd have a lot to worry about..and Pokemon would be the least thing on people's minds.. ;

Old November 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrakeet View Post
A virtual reality Pokemon world doesn't seem to far off, we just need the AI capabilities and we're set! A holographic Pokemon buddy doesn't seem too far fetched at all. Unfortunately most games are focusing on GFX instead of AI or gameplay these days though. :(
Have you seen the holos of 2-pac? Its crazy. You are right its not too far off from now
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I would love to see a V World of Pokemon. If they really game to life though,I would be afraid some,but then I would love it. Bad thing about it is,they are more dangerous than you would think. People would start conroling them and start taking over and wars would be even more wide spread and more deadly than they already are.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links