The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
So, I logged into PC one morning, and my Laptop froze when it loaded, but then after a while it came back with the website fully loaded. I thought nothing of it till it happened the next day.
I seriously thought it was my laptop, till I logged on at college and a local library and it did the same things.

The freeze seems to last from 10 seconds to 5 minutes randomly.

It's rather annoying when I'm trying to get on quickly and then go.
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

Most likely this is an issue on your end. Does the problem continue after clearing your cache, cookies and changing your web browser? PC isn't a particularly heavy site to deal with.
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
What OS are you using? Find that older OSs seem to load PC a little slower.

Old November 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
What OS are you using? Find that older OSs seem to load PC a little slower.
On my laptop is Windows 7 Home Edition
College is Windows 7 Enterprise
and Library Local is A hybrid of Vista and Classic by the looks...
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:57 PM
abnegation
adventure

Nothing to do with an OS. There's a number of things you can do, the best thing is to either update or upgrade your browser. Funnily enough a browser is meant for browsing, and the cleanest one to do that is Google Chrome. Considering you're on Windows, and laptops, I strongly dis-advise using Firefox on a laptop, unless your laptop is high end. I actually doubt that this is happening on each computer you use, it's most likely down to one. That could have been a coincidence, so disregard it for a moment.

Now, after changing your browser, your cookies and cache will be cleared. If you haven't done the first suggestion, then log out of PC on every computer you use if you're automatically logged in, then log in again. This will reduce your PC's load of cache when you open PC.

The last possible issue is the style you're using, however I doubt it. Some browsers can have problems loading many numbers of images at once, or large ones. So try changing the style you use and perhaps load times should disappear due to that.

Try identify the problem, it could be your browser, cache, or the fact you have a 0.5 MB image in your signature which could be causing loading time issues. Log any time this happens after trying what I suggested. And if PC is ever giving you trouble then use your hard refresh tool, which is ctrl + F5.

Give those a go and get back to us!
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I've got mixed reports that some older computers tend to experience issues loading webfonts. Try heading into your Control Panel options and disabling Truetype and Web Fonts. Tell me if that fixes the issue since that's critical for me to know.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I, too, experienced freezing whenever I open PC and it seems that the suggestion Jake posted worked like a charm for me. I figured I should say this since the OP didn't reply.
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

I have a pretty high-end gaming PC. Not the best, but it should be able to handle the performance of this website at least.

...but it doesn't. Last night I lagged in between forums for a moderate period of time. I would have to go out on a limb and say that this is NOT on my end.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
I've got mixed reports that some older computers tend to experience issues loading webfonts. Try heading into your Control Panel options and disabling Truetype and Web Fonts. Tell me if that fixes the issue since that's critical for me to know.
I've tried that. It's only moved the 5 minute to round about 3 minutes. Roughly.

So, It half helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I, too, experienced freezing whenever I open PC and it seems that the suggestion Jake posted worked like a charm for me. I figured I should say this since the OP didn't reply.
... Who's Jake?
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I've noticed that PC does take a bit longer than usual, but other sites I've gone on as well are doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
... Who's Jake?
Meet Jake.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I've noticed that PC does take a bit longer than usual, but other sites I've gone on as well are doing the same thing.

Meet Jake.
Oh. I didn't know he was called jake.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here