The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM
HyperXhydra

Keep in mind they might announce them in February like B2W2, there's still MD game to be released.
if they don't then maybe in 2014 the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, like FRLG 10th and HGSS 15th
Which would be an Emerald remake.
Old November 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaspontes View Post
I also think the event doesn't rule out remakes. They had Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HGSS, and now they have Groudon and Kyogre event... so what? They can make remakes and have them again. It would seem repetitive and illogical to us, but I don't think that's something they would worry about.
The thing is, this topic is interesting if the next games are RSE related. If something new is next, it will change things in one way or another, and this topic will restart afterwards disregarding anything that was discussed here.

My point was, if Kyogre and Groudon were gonna be on the covers of games in near future, then giving them out as events like this is the same as giving out Lugia/Ho-oh after the release of Platinum. And that jsut doesn't make sense in any way.
Im confident they would have thought of something else for the aniv, like giving out Cherish Ball something that would activate whatever in RS, you get the idea. Heck they could announce that they are working on remakes, that would be fitting too. But no, they give us the mascots instead.

Quote:
Lol. You should know people love to speculate and see hints everywhere, and most of the time, they are quickly refuted. You support that the event means no remakes and you defend that much better than any hint hunter, but other people can disagree with you. No one is saying it can be ignored. You know that actual news are more significant than any hint, so you shouldn't worry about that.
I got a bit frustrated there. Because it seems like a no-brainer to me by now. I mean, wouldn't they throw us a bone by now already?

;B
Humans are conditioned to looking for patterns everywhere, because it is useful for survival and everyday life. This instinct is actually so deep that people will expect and assume tons of illogical and flawed stuff, while always being surprised when something new happens.

Quote:
As for the pattern discussion, even if they say there isn't a pattern, there could be a pattern. That's because they have been doing games for years, and they wouldn't notice if they were following one. It's the same as a person who follows a routine every day, if you ask they if they have a pattern, they will answer they don't, because they have grown used to it and don't see their routine as a "pattern".
Sure,
the issue now though is that there were recently rocks in their way that forced them to adapt regardless of whether they were unintentionally creating a pattern or not (DS selling well, meaning they went gen V without new hardware, and having to finish the gen off without time for filler games). And furthermore, there is now an even more obvious hurdle that messes up the "normal" plan, specifically the fact that they will change over to new hardware, which should be a giant mess without starting a new generation at the same time.

EDIT: Gah sorry, my post got much longer than intended...Im just trying to explain as understandable as possible '
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
P0kelegend

Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
Yes, in case they have been working on RSE remakes for the past 2 years and intended to release them in near future, I would have expected them not to give out events of the mascot legends on their anniversary.

So it really is conclusive proof for me that whatever is next, it will definitely not have these 2 fellas on the box.

Sure, there might be RSE remakes in 2174, but I don't see the point in discussing that.

Your comparison is doubly flawed. Emerald was waaay ahead of any aniv and HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in them WITHOUT requiring event.
I don't see your point. HG/SS having Groudon/Kyogre in them is more prominent than some WIFI download available in select locations so you could have just said that HG/SS were conclusive evidence of R/S remakes not being done as they have Groudon/Kyogre in them. So to say a random WIFI event is conclusive evidence of no remake is really silly. And why does it matter if Emerald was ahead of any aniversary? It still had Lugia/Ho-Oh as event legendaries which are more prominent than just a download on an anniversary like Groudon/Kyogre are. It's the EXACT same - Lugia/Ho-Oh in a GBA game to be transferred to DS, while now we have Groudon/Kyogre on DS to be transferred to 3DS. It's the 10th anniversary, how can you NOT expect them to release the mascots? They have to commemorate the anniversary somehow.

And anyway, who said we are getting RS remakes? We could very well just get an emerald remake. Just jumping to a conclusion that there wont ever be remakes is just farfetched.

Pokemon distributed via WIFI have NOTHING to do with when future games will be released, especially if they are moving to a brand new platform for the next game (3DS). Honestly, what I DO agree on is that its likely we won't see the remakes next - the most likely conclusion IMO is that the Gen VI pair are coming next so remakes won't be here for another few years. In the anime, Ash is already in the Unova League so his journey in Unova will be finished soon and they'll move onto a filler saga somewhere (and I doubt its Hoenn, all hints point to him going back to Kanto since Team Rocket went back there) not to mention all the event Pokemon for Gen V have been revealed so they'll probably reveal a new Pokemon in February which will be the star of the next movie.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Doesn't Gamefreak skip a year before moving to a new handheld? They skipped 2001 before RS came out, they skipped 05 before DP came, I'm thinking they will skip 2013 and then release 6th gen in 2014. But since the DS is about to have the final nail hammered in it seems unlikely.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
Doesn't Gamefreak skip a year before moving to a new handheld? They skipped 2001 before RS came out, they skipped 05 before DP came, I'm thinking they will skip 2013 and then release 6th gen in 2014. But since the DS is about to have the final nail hammered in it seems unlikely.
No release pattern.

Gen 1 ended in 1998 in Japan and Gen 2 started in 1999 So no year skipped
Gen 2 ended in 2000 in Japan and Gen 3 started in 2002 So it skipped 2001
Gen 3 ended in 2004 in Japan and Gen 4 started in 2006 So it skipped 2005
Gen 4 ended in 2009 in Japan and Gen 5 started in 2010 So no year skipped

If Gen 5 ends in 2012 we can get Gen 6 in 2013 or 2014 or 2016. Since we don't have a pattern to go off of it can be anything. If we get remakes, then we get another year for Gen 5. Though 2 Remakes on one console does seem a little improbable.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

I didn't say there was a pattern
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:50 PM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan

Nature: Docile
I can really see an emerald remake coming instead of RS. I'll be even happier with that, but I don't really like Wallace as champion...
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:58 PM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
I can really see an emerald remake coming instead of RS. I'll be even happier with that, but I don't really like Wallace as champion...
They can make Steven the champion then Wallace in the rematches.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
They can make Steven the champion then Wallace in the rematches.
I don't think that will happen from an emerald perspective.

I know Hoenn is the "region of water" but I don't really think Wallace fits the champion role.
He was perfect as the 8th gym leader IMO. Juan was still okay.

Speaking of that 8th gym, what a ***** it was. Freaking ice tiles.
I wonder what will change in the future remakes, even if it won't happen anytime soon.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
They wouldn't remake Emerald and I have no idea why people keep thinking that.
R/S remakes with Emerald's additions, maybe.
But not Emerald.
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
But not Emerald.
Why would they not? just because the previous 2 remakes were in pairs doesn't mean that the next one must be in a pair too.

In the past they would come out with a third "enhanced" title such as Emerald, Platinum and Crystal.
Now they released a pair of games after BW, which were BW2.
IMO it is entirely possible that the next games be single and not paired versions.
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
They have been surpriseing us with a lot of stuff lately. Anything is possible. Also the anime 5th gen is suppose to last for 3 years,this is the 2nd year. Team Plasma has still not been seen in the anime and the next movie is about Genesect which Team Plasma made. What happens after the league will probably stay in Unova. I say we still have about a year before we see the 6th gen. There for leaving a year open for a RSE remake. And why are we argueing about E being remade over RS. Regardless they will have all the E features in the ramakes if we get them. The remakes are all the games in that Gen. Not just 1 or 2 of them.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Why would they not? just because the previous 2 remakes were in pairs doesn't mean that the next one must be in a pair too.

In the past they would come out with a third "enhanced" title such as Emerald, Platinum and Crystal.
IMO it is entirely possible that the next games be single and not paired versions.
The third versions still went along with the first two. If you got any one version, you had to trade with another game to get all the Pokemon.

Of all the things we are uncertain about, whether the games will be paired or not is not one of them. Time and again Masuda has stated in interviews that having multiple versions--forcing players to interact with each other--is at the very core of Pokemon. So unless Game Freak wants to remove that, what makes Pokemon "Pokemon," we will see multiple versions continue into the future.

Removing multiple version removes trading. What is Pokemon without trading? So I have to agree with Pingouin7; just a remake of Emerald? Maybe if they had two all-new Hoenn games to go along with it with the same regional PokeDex, but that's just stretching it!
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:40 PM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
The third versions still went along with the first two. If you got any one version, you had to trade with another game to get all the Pokemon.

Of all the things we are uncertain about, whether the games will be paired or not is not one of them. Time and again Masuda has stated in interviews that having multiple versions--forcing players to interact with each other--is at the very core of Pokemon. So unless Game Freak wants to remove that, what makes Pokemon "Pokemon," we will see multiple versions continue into the future.

Removing multiple version removes trading. What is Pokemon without trading? So I have to agree with Pingouin7; just a remake of Emerald? Maybe if they had two all-new Hoenn games to go along with it with the same regional PokeDex, but that's just stretching it!
I hope you don't get the wrong idea. I think it is possible for an emerald remake, but I also think it is possible for the paired ones to be remade.
Going by logic, the paired ones seem more likely than emerald alone, but I won't dismiss the possibility that GF will only remake one - Emerald.

I would be surprised if GF actually remade RS on the DS and then Emerald on 3DS.
Sounds very unlikely, but we will never know.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
That would be unlikely.

As for trading...to complete the national dex we will need to trade with BWB2W2, and very likely to complete the regional one as well.

I hope when the remakes come they keep the Johto Starter give away from Emerald from seeing all the Hoenn Pokémon. Also I wonder what event they'll do to add the other starters...perhaps Prof. Oak will finally appear in a Hoenn game...maybe Rowan and Elm can appear too (and Juniper (♀) just for research).
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:31 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That would be unlikely.

As for trading...to complete the national dex we will need to trade with BWB2W2, and very likely to complete the regional one as well.

I hope when the remakes come they keep the Johto Starter give away from Emerald from seeing all the Hoenn Pokémon. Also I wonder what event they'll do to add the other starters...perhaps Prof. Oak will finally appear in a Hoenn game...maybe Rowan and Elm can appear too (and Juniper (♀) just for research).
It would be Cedric Juniper if its remakes.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:01 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
I don't think that will happen from an emerald perspective.

I know Hoenn is the "region of water" but I don't really think Wallace fits the champion role.
He was perfect as the 8th gym leader IMO. Juan was still okay.
It always bothers me when there are 2 trainers of the same type in gyms&E4... well the only other case was Dragon in Johto, but its just so unnecessary when there are 17 types..

Quote:
Speaking of that 8th gym, what a ***** it was. Freaking ice tiles.
I wonder what will change in the future remakes, even if it won't happen anytime soon.
Maybe they were gonna make it an Ice gym and designed the puzzle ahead of the trainers and rosters. But the issue they would run into is quite obvious: Snorunt, Spheal, the end.

They did make one of the E4 Ice however, but thats why she feels the most repetitive out of them all. For a gym theyd need more than 2 lines, especially as the 8th, which always have a good amount of regular trainers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
But not Emerald.
And I have no idea why people keep thinking that they can force the Emerald plot into RS just like Crystal did.

Quote:
Because they will always prefer to release 2 instead of 1, not the other way around.
If anything, I think it'd be more likely that they release all 3, than just Emerald, especially if they actually deepen and expand the region/plot instead of just remaking them.

But think about this if you don't see it: what version exclusives would a single 3rd gen remake have? Yeah no. This is the safest option to dismiss of them all.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Well the remake(s) will proably have the Kanto, and Johto legends plus the sinnoh dragon trio/creation trio, and of course the Hoenn legends. My guess is they'll remake the events for Emerald for some of them (getting Lugia/Ho-oh on Naval rock,ect.) Perhaps they can add a Jiranchi event (which would make the remakes opposites to BWB2W2 when it comes to in game events...), perhaps using the rocketship like how they did the easter egg with the truck Only mew wasn't found there...) but by ticket only.
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Another Wi-Fi event has been announced related to Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza but this time it's a Christmas Cup.

Not saying this is more hints but with these Hoenn related events.. it makes you wonder.

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

What about it makes you wonder? ;D
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
~Dreamscape~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
I think it's only 10th anniversary related.

They won't give us so many hints, if the next games are Remakes, because they prefer to suprise their fans.

But let's see, what the future will give us now.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:05 PM
HyperXhydra

Yeah, if they want to announce remakes it should be a surprise.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I would like to point out something I keep running across. Right before Plat. came out,there was a special Regigigas Event. If you had that Regigigas,you could find the 3 Regis in the game.

In other words,it really isn't accurate to say the Regis are in BW2 so they will not remake RSE. Like I said,anything will happen.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I would like to point out something I keep running across. Right before Plat. came out,there was a special Regigigas Event. If you had that Regigigas,you could find the 3 Regis in the game.

In other words,it really isn't accurate to say the Regis are in BW2 so they will not remake RSE. Like I said,anything will happen.
I agree, I don't think that the availability of legendaries is any indication of remakes not happening. Ho-oh was available in Colosseum, Lugia in XD, and both through Emerald and FRLG events--we still got HGSS.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
I agree, I don't think that the availability of legendaries is any indication of remakes not happening. Ho-oh was available in Colosseum, Lugia in XD, and both through Emerald and FRLG events--we still got HGSS.
Same for entei, raikou and suicune in FRLG/COL

Sponsored Links