• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The American Politics Discussion Thread

Zet

Years

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Jindal is right, the GOP is definitely not helping itself with the crying over the "dumb people" voting for Obama. Then when it comes time for the next election, those people will remember that the GOP has already written them off and insulted them, and choose to vote against them again. They need to woo more voters, not anger the Democrat voters even more.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Romney apparently said that Obama won because he gave people stuff, and cited the example of being able to stay on your parents' insurance longer. As far as I know that wouldn't actually be costing the government anything. So, what gives? It used to be that the Republicans were the party of encouraging public-private partnerships and having the private sector step up to the plate. But, apparently, that's no good either. Is this the sit on your hands and wait party now?

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Jindal is right, the GOP is definitely not helping itself with the crying over the "dumb people" voting for Obama. Then when it comes time for the next election, those people will remember that the GOP has already written them off and insulted them, and choose to vote against them again. They need to woo more voters, not anger the Democrat voters even more.
It's kinda the Republicans' problem for scripting their convention and treating Ron Paul so badly (The bus with his delegates on it not letting them off, etc...)

Again, I'm the independent, but I have yet to see the Democrats treat their candidates as bad as the Republicans treated Ron Paul.

Did you also know they script their own convention? What's the point of having a Republican convention if Republicans don't even vote on their own party's rules?

This video explains it pretty well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-iZJPoiavM

This video shows their actual teleprompter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_ylYNbAlY

The Republicans actually have the nerve to complain how people voted Obama? Perhaps if they treated their own Republicans better and actually played by their own rules (especially when choosing a presidential candidate) maybe voters would not have voted Obama out of protest.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
What does that have to do with anything? I mean, it's an international crisis, but how does that prove that "electing Obama was a mistake"?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
What does that have to do with anything? I mean, it's an international crisis, but how does that prove that "electing Obama was a mistake"?

The war is but the layoffs are caused by his Obama care. Also the succession is a US matter. That most ppl are doing because they dont think obama can run this country

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
These are problems in the Middle East that have long existed. Obama really has nothing to do with it. As for the sucession, it most likely is not going to be happening. Also, layoffs happened long before Obamacare was passed, the economic situation started before he was even elected for his first term. These things are not all Obama's fault, you can't blame every problem in this country on the President.

Years
I also don't see how conflict between Israel and Hamas is a sign that we shouldn't have voted for Obama. I mean, that's a fight which has been going on for quite some time. How exactly is Obama causing this, aside from satanic evil-vibes causing chaos in the world which are amplified by Obama being president, I mean?

And Obamacare hasn't even gone fully into effect yet.

KingCharizard

Years
I also don't see how conflict between Israel and Hamas is a sign that we shouldn't have voted for Obama. I mean, that's a fight which has been going on for quite some time. How exactly is Obama causing this, aside from satanic evil-vibes causing chaos in the world which are amplified by Obama being president, I mean?

I never said obama was the cause of it. However I do think if it goes into a all out war Obama is not the president we want or need in office it took him almost two weeks to call the Benghazi attack a terrorist attack and the military budget cutting is not good with the escalating conflicts throughout the world, he wont be able to make the tough calls to come. Most peolple cannot see the reason behind my statements but there is about to be a whole hell of a lot more chaos in the middle east and it will affect america..

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I never said obama was the cause of it. However I do think if it goes into a all out war Obama is not the president we want or need in office it took him almost two weeks to call the Benghazi attack a terrorist attack and the military budget cutting is not good with the escalating conflicts throughout the works, he wont be able to make the tough calls to come.

Except when the day after he said it was an act of terror and news all over were saying the Government was looking into al-Qaeda connections with the perpetrators?

And there is a difference between cutting budget now that there are cheaper and more lethal weapons at their disposal (drones anybody?) and weakening the army, running a more efficient military and getting more value for less money isn't necessarily bad- in fact is the Republican credo when it comes down to running the Government.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012

This, sorta.

And I'm supposed to be the independent who hates Obama. Yet I don't see him responsible for this.

As a Jew with family in Israel, I actually blame Nettanyahu with a lot of suspicion. Because while many Israelis OPPOSE the war, Nettanyahu is stubborn and persistent, probably committing all kinds of covert operations against his neighbors.

I'm not saying this with proof, but according to Haaretz, Nettanyahu and his defense officials meets with Ovadia Yosef for MILITARY advice! The same Ovadia Yosef who says "All gentiles are to serve Jews." The same Ovadia Yosef which the American Jewish Committee and many other Jewish organizations around the world condemn.

Did I mention this same Ovadia Yosef argued Holocaust victims are reincarnations of previous sinners, who "deserved" to be killed?

I don't trust Nettanyahu to protect Israel. Due to his racist connections, my gut tells me he is actually provoking the conflict.

But anyways, my point is that Obama is not responsible for racist Jews fighting racist Muslims. Let's look at the people actually fighting each other before we blame America again.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
We all know, from what they did in the past, that Israel follows Total War (Aka, everything is a target)

I'm all for retaliation and sending a message, but what Israel is doing is much much more then retaliation and sending a message.

Israel is nothing more then a rabid dog, and the US is that dogs owner who will defend everything it does, even if the dog bites us in the ass.

Edit - Props to Hamas for actually checking their targets and trying to ensure that children are not killed in their attacks. Israel, however, does no such thing and doesn't give a **** if the majority of deaths from the 'counter-strike' are children. Just in the first strike/counter strike there were 3 Israelis dead, and 16 Palestinians dead (5 of which, were children).

And another Israelie counter attack. 4 killed, all children.

Hamas might have started this mess, but at the least they are honorable enough to not kill, no, murder children.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I never said obama was the cause of it. However I do think if it goes into a all out war Obama is not the president we want or need in office it took him almost two weeks to call the Benghazi attack a terrorist attack and the military budget cutting is not good with the escalating conflicts throughout the world, he wont be able to make the tough calls to come. Most peolple cannot see the reason behind my statements but there is about to be a whole hell of a lot more chaos in the middle east and it will affect america..
Except when he said it the following day.

And he's not cutting the military budget. Many would argue that he should, but he isn't. It just isn't increasing this year. The Pentagon hasn't request additional funding, but they aren't being given less either. Straight line, not a decline. No cuts.

And perhaps there will be more chaos in the middle east. Very likely. Might involve America too. But, what's that have to Obama? If your problem was Israel's response, how would Romney have been better? Both parties have the position of essentially "Israel is sovereign and an ally. It should defend itself when necessary and we will assist out allies"

Hamas might have started this mess, but at the least they are honorable enough to not kill, no, murder children.
Yet. And in this instance.

I'm not saying it's good children were attacked. But, war's messy. Why wouldn't Israel retaliate when they're attacked? So, it's Hamas' fault. You don't want innocent people to die, then don't start a war.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm not saying it's good children were attacked. But, war's messy. Why wouldn't Israel retaliate when they're attacked? So, it's Hamas' fault. You don't want innocent people to die, then don't start a war.

Can you explain then why, so far, none of Hamas's attacks have resulted in the deaths of children? If war is messy, then you'd expect that both sides to be accidently murdering children. But, for some strange reason, only Israels strikes are injuring and killing children.

And a Israeli strike has just killed a UN employee.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
And a Israeli strike has just killed a UN employee.
Uh-huh. I'm not saying what's going on is good. That would be bad. Just... it isn't surprising. I don't think it was intentional. But, also that's not an excuse.

And there are (or should be) consequences to the actions of both sides

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Uh-huh. I'm not saying what's going on is good. That would be bad. Just... it isn't surprising. I don't think it was intentional. But, also that's not an excuse.

And there are (or should be) consequences to the actions of both sides

Given that, in the past, the IDF were given orders to maximize civilian casualties it should be Israel facing the brunt of the consequences. It may or may not be the case now, them intentionally targeting civilians, but with their history I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally targeting them.

Lets face it people, the only reason no other nation has yet to try putting down the rabid dog is because of the threat of US intervention. Israel is, basically, our little monster.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
You're an idiot I never said it was, I said the war was an international problem more specifically Israel's problemNot talking about the Iraq war btw), that would also wind up affecting america. I read the world news daily...

If you would read the posts correctly you wouldn't be making an ass of yourself with this long winded post.

I don't think you understand how Quoting works.

I quoted what you said in my post. I wasn't referring to any previous posts, JUST the one you posted. Maybe it should teach you to think before typing instead of using earlier posts to defend yourself.

KingCharizard

Years
I don't think you understand how Quoting works.

I quoted what you said in my post. I wasn't referring to any previous posts, JUST the one you posted. Maybe it should teach you to think before typing instead of using earlier posts to defend yourself.

I said many times over I don't think he is the president to make the right decisions when the time comes. Also About my Obama care statement and the layoff yes they were happening before the obama care was brought up but now employers like papa johns are saying they will have to lay off a ton more employees to be able to afford Obama care

Last edited by a moderator:
Back